08-07-13 05:29 PM
156 123 ...
tools
    Changes and additions from previous versions of BB10 to 10.2 shown here in OS time line form. This was found from me going through leaks and other people's information as well. You can see the changes made in BB10.2 from the current official OS( 10.1MR) and can see the evolution of different aspects of the OS and additions to it as 10.2 matures with various leaks. Enjoy! Comment if any features should be added/ removed.

10.2.0.1047 (additions/ changes from earlier 10.2.0.810 leak):

Note: this leak does not display PIN on screen!

1) 'Priority hub' tab present in the hub.
    2) BlackBerry Hub icon on homescreen.
    3) 'Interactive notifications'/ lock screen previews now working.
    4) Redesigned/ polished 'back' button in the browser.
    5) Adding alarm in the clock app is different now with a button in the top right to add an alarm, rather than the toggle at the bottom.
    6) Ability to share in the Facebook app, with the option no longer greyed out.
    7) Hub icon changed from three lines to mail icon on the homescreen( the small icon next to 4 squares for active frames and dots for app pages).
    8) Browser address bar auto hides in landscape mode.
    9) Play browser videos directly to hdmi or through miracast.
    10) Can scroll through pictures and music by a side toggle, like the one in the contacts app for quick scrolling.
    11) BBM Group notifications

10.2.0.810 ( Changes/ additions from 10.1MR official and earlier).

1) Initial set up smoother, E.g. Swiping left to continue is now much smoother.
    2) Cascades settings! They are amazing, so smooth.
    3) Camera now has option for grid lines. If your phone is on 'silent' mode, you can also take silent photos. Putting media volume to 0 doesn't silence camera shutter however.
    10.2.0.810, general/ subtle changes-img_00000006.png
    And looks like this.
    10.2.0.810, general/ subtle changes-img_00000007.png
    4) Android 4.2 runtime, black bar at the bottom always present, although it is surprising small!
    10.2.0.810, general/ subtle changes-img_00000024.png
    5) New loading icon.
    6) Different keyboard sounds, ALT and BACKSPACE keys both make different sounds than letters or numbers.
    7) Swiping from right to left on keyboard to delete words makes different noise too, and makes a new animation on the keyboard.
    8) Toast notifications. Lock screen previews.
    9) Sharper buttons/ toggles and sliders throughout OS, eg in CB, BlackBerry World, settings etc. Looks nice and modern. Shown below
    10.2.0.810, general/ subtle changes-img_00000004.png
    10.2.0.810, general/ subtle changes-img_00000003.png
    10) Pinch gesture in hub (doesn't work in current build).
    11) Revamped weather app with simplified active frame as well. Written natively rather than in AIR now. Smooth and looks great.
    12) Changes and additions to calendar app.
    10.2.0.810, general/ subtle changes-img_00000009.png
    13) Separate, native Evernote app (not working in current nuild).
    14) New copy/paste menu. Right at your fingertips, works really well.
    15) New sharing menu, shows recently 'shared to app' which I think is a killer feature, eg now I don't have to scroll to share to WhatsApp, which is usually the app I share a picture to, but rather it is at the top.
    10.2.0.810, general/ subtle changes-img_00000022.png
    16) Browser has new style, 'stop sign' design button(right of URL bar) to minimise keyboard when typing in URL bar.
    17) Browser has new last pages/ history feature when you swipe up on the back button.
    10.2.0.810, general/ subtle changes-img_00000025.png
    18) Browser loading bar is now at the top not bottom, and URL bar is more rounded.
    19) Multiple alarms.
    20) Pictures app now has DATE rather than CAMERA option at the bottom. You scroll up, down through the photos now rather than down, up through the photos.
    21) Properties for pictures/ music/ files is now back from BBOS, where you can rename, see 'dimensions, dates and file type etc'
    22) Phone and camera buttons on the home screen are further in from the side. And the bubble around icons look more rounded.
    10.2.0.810, general/ subtle changes-img_00000002.png
    23) Smart tags has more options for 'create'
    24) App manager present. Can toggle what info it shows. I.e CPU or Memory usage. Clicking an app brings up a graph of stats, and you can also 'stop app' from here.
    25) Hub now has 'Attachments' at the bottom with 'search' and 'compose.'
    26) Wifi direct.
    27) Maps have landscape support.
    28) Better voice control.
    29) Compass now has active frame.
    30) More options in Remember app.
    31) Pictures active frame acts differently, with one square switching every now and then. Almost like live tiles within the active frame!
    32) Timer on clock app looks different. Has blue bit when pulling the timer around.
    33) Videos app has 'date view'
    34) Screenshots don't make a sound anymore, and tell you 'screen shot saved in personal space'
    35) You can easily share or delete your last taken photo by swiping the thumbnail view of it up from the bottom left and dragging your finger to the side menu.
    36) Scrolling through apps such as crackberry doesn't create as big a bump/ bounce back as before. E.g. now when you scroll to the top of a thread in CrackBerry fast and get to the top, it doesn't bounce back as much, but just kind of stops. This also happens in BlackBerry World and I think is actually quite good.
    37) Toasts and volume box are slightly transparent, which they weren't before. I still think this can be improved, as it still is a menace when doing anything onscreen.
    38) Miracast support, seen in browser video player, but when pressed says 'unavailable for this device.'
    39) Music player changes.
    - Side menu has been edited, pics on page 3 of thread. Properties present.
    - Toggle to change place in song/ Volume slider look darker and more refined.
    - Little album pic top right of music app to get to 'Now playing' song looks smaller.
    40) Back button in native apps looks darker.
    41) Reader mode in browser now has 'invert colours' option to make background white and text black or the other way around.
    42) You can add an 'account colour' for email accounts in hub settings. The colour is shown on the left hand side, by the email. Priority mail is on the right of the email, if selected.
    43) Smart cards have more options.
    44) Changes to Bluetooth settings for cars etc. Eg Info shown on lock screen displays type of car eg. Mercedes'
    45) 'Mobile conferencing' in calendar app.
    46) Side menu in browser opens quicker, as there used to be a wait for it to pop out, now it is more instantaneous.
    47) 1:1 ratio shooting mode in camera present along with current 16:9 and 4:3 ratios.
    48) Picture and music player apps load noticeably quicker, displaying music or pictures faster.
    49) Drag to focus bar in camera app can be locked into position by holding down on it.

10.1MR ( Start of time line showing changes).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by proudtobe_bb; 08-04-13 at 02:35 PM.
    07-29-13 04:44 PM
    Glad you are enjoying it.

Seems there's already a thread about this leak though.. no?

Posted via CB10
    Otech#CB and Blacklatino like this.
    07-29-13 04:50 PM
    thanks for taking the time to summarize what a lot have been asking!

My only question is:

can I assign a custom ringtone for SMS contact
    and
    can I assign custom LED colour

(both available on the 7.1 / 9900 Bold)

Thanks in advance!
    Lph190e and TheTigerTek like this.
    07-29-13 04:51 PM
    thanks for taking the time to summarize what a lot have been asking!

My only question is:

can I assign a custom ringtone for SMS contact
    and
    can I assign custom LED colour

(both available on the 7.1 / 9900 Bold)

Thanks in advance!
    No on both. I use Hub++ for that.
    Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    07-29-13 04:55 PM
    Changes and additions from previous versions of BB10 shown here. This was found from me going through the latest leak. All these changes should be in the final version of 10.2. Enjoy!

1) Set up smoother, Eg. Swiping isn't slow anymore but smooth.
    3) Camera now has option for grid lines. Can also take silent photos, if your phone is on 'silent' mode, although putting media volume to 0 doesn't silence it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000006.png 
Views:	10419 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	187105
    And looks like this.

Name:	IMG_00000007.png 
Views:	10398 
Size:	268.6 KB 
ID:	187106
    4) Android 4.2 runtime, black bar at the bottom always present, although it is surprising small!

Name:	IMG_00000024.png 
Views:	10386 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	187108
    5) New loading icon, quite cool but not amazing!
    6) Different keyboard sounds, ALT and BACKSPACE keys both make different sounds to letters or numbers.
    7) Swiping back makes different noise too, and makes a cool animation on the keyboard.
    9) Sharper buttons/ toggles and sliders throughout OS, eg in CB, BlackBerry World, settings etc. Looks nice and modern. Shown below

Name:	IMG_00000004.png 
Views:	10382 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	187111

Name:	IMG_00000003.png 
Views:	10349 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	187112
    10) Pinch gesture in hub
    11) New weather app, which is amazing! Nice active frame as well.

Name:	IMG_00000009.png 
Views:	10355 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	187114
    13) Separate, native Evernote app.
    15) New sharing menu, shows last 'shared to app' which I think is a killer feature, eg I always share to WhatsApp, but it is usually at the bottom, so now I don't have to scroll but it is right there.

Name:	IMG_00000022.png 
Views:	10332 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	187115
    16) Browser has new button to minimise keyboard.
    Attachment 187116
    17) Browser has new last pages/ history feature when you swipe up on the back button.

Name:	IMG_00000025.png 
Views:	10313 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	187118
    18) Browser loading bar is now at the top not bottom, and URL bar is more rounded.
    19) Multiple alarms.
    20) Pictures app now has DATE rather than CAMERA option at the bottom. You scroll up, down through the photos now rather than down, up through the photos.
    21) Properties for pictures is now back from BBOS, where you can rename, see 'dimensions, dates and file type etc'
    22) Phone and camera buttons on the home screen are further in from the side. And the bubble around icons look more rounded.

Name:	IMG_00000002.png 
Views:	10329 
Size:	327.5 KB 
ID:	187119
    24) App manager present. Shows CPU usage etc of apps and also you can edit defaults for opening things.
    26) Wifi direct.
    31) Pictures active frame acts differently, with one square switching every now and then. Almost like live tiles within the active frame!
    32) Timer on clock app looks different. Has blue bit when pulling the timer around.
    34) Screenshots don't make a sound anymore, and tell you 'screen shot saved in personal space'
    35) You can easily share or delete a photo you take from the camera by Swiping the thumb view of it up from the bottom left and dragging your finger to the side menu.

Will add BIG changes in bold, when I find my computer.

Hope this is useful! I will add anymore changes, but this is all I found in the latest leak!

Posted via CB10
    10.2.0.810, general/ subtle changes-urkel.jpg
    07-29-13 04:55 PM
    Most of these things listed(95-99%%) was in 10.2.0.483 but overall good job.
    07-29-13 04:57 PM
    Nice post.. just 2 points....
    1- how do u get "lock screen previews " to work I'm yet to see any toasts when the on my lock screen.

2- where is this "button" to bring down the keyboard in browser. I haven't seen anything like that.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:00 PM
    Lock screen previews don't work, but are present in the settings. There is no button, but if you swipe up on the back button next to the URL bar then it will bring up the menu.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:09 PM
    Thanks for this summary.
    07-29-13 05:13 PM
    Nice post.. just 2 points....
    1- how do u get "lock screen previews " to work I'm yet to see any toasts when the on my lock screen.

2- where is this "button" to bring down the keyboard in browser. I haven't seen anything like that.

Posted via CB10
    Lock screen previews don't work yet. I don't know what button on the browser he speaks of. Edit answered above.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:15 PM
    Lock screen previews don't work, but are present in the settings. There is no button, but if you swipe up on the back button next to the URL bar then it will bring up the menu.

Posted via CB10
    I know of swiping up on the back button. But what were you referring to in #16?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:28 PM
    Found something cool not sure if its been mentioned. When writing a message, if you swipe from right to left on the "delete key" it will erase the whole message, with one swipe!
    SteelGreek likes this.
    07-29-13 05:33 PM
    Changes and additions from previous versions of BB10 shown here. This was found from me going through the latest leak. All these changes should be in the final version of 10.2. Enjoy!

1) Set up smoother, Eg. Swiping isn't slow anymore but smooth.
    3) Camera now has option for grid lines. Can also take silent photos, if your phone is on 'silent' mode, although putting media volume to 0 doesn't silence it.

Name:	IMG_00000006.png 
Views:	10419 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	187105
    And looks like this.

Name:	IMG_00000007.png 
Views:	10398 
Size:	268.6 KB 
ID:	187106

Name:	IMG_00000024.png 
Views:	10386 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	187108
    5) New loading icon, quite cool but not amazing!
    6) Different keyboard sounds, ALT and BACKSPACE keys both make different sounds to letters or numbers.
    7) Swiping back makes different noise too, and makes a cool animation on the keyboard.

Name:	IMG_00000004.png 
Views:	10382 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	187111

Name:	IMG_00000003.png 
Views:	10349 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	187112
    10) Pinch gesture in hub
    11) New weather app, which is amazing! Nice active frame as well.

Name:	IMG_00000009.png 
Views:	10355 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	187114
    13) Separate, native Evernote app.
    15) New sharing menu, shows last 'shared to app' which I think is a killer feature, eg I always share to WhatsApp, but it is usually at the bottom, so now I don't have to scroll but it is right there.

Name:	IMG_00000022.png 
Views:	10332 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	187115
    16) Browser has new button to minimise keyboard.
    Attachment 187132

Name:	IMG_00000025.png 
Views:	10313 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	187118
    Attachment 187135
    19) Multiple alarms.
    21) Properties for pictures is now back from BBOS, where you can rename, see 'dimensions, dates and file type etc'

Name:	IMG_00000002.png 
Views:	10329 
Size:	327.5 KB 
ID:	187119
    24) App manager present. Shows CPU usage etc of apps and also you can edit defaults for opening things.
    26) Wifi direct.
    35) You can easily share or delete a photo you take from the camera by Swiping the thumb view of it up from the bottom left and dragging your finger to the side menu.

Will add BIG changes in bold, when I find my computer.

Hope this is useful! I will add anymore changes, but this is all I found in the latest leak!

Posted via CB10
    Hey do you think you could screen shot the screen where you take a snapchat picture, or just tell me, does the bar stay there even when you're taking a picture? :/ Also how's snapchat working?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:39 PM
    Active frame for pictures has done that for a while. Good to see someone put down the changes they see though.

Using a BlackBerry Z10 ** OS:10.1.0.4651
    07-29-13 05:40 PM
    Oh that's the button dead right of the URL bar, it's not new but has changed appearance.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:42 PM
    Hey do you think you could screen shot the screen where you take a snapchat picture, or just tell me, does the bar stay there even when you're taking a picture? :/ Also how's snapchat working?

Posted via CB10
    It disappears when you take a pic
    07-29-13 05:51 PM
    thanks for the listed changes
    rasmadrak likes this.
    07-29-13 05:59 PM
    I can get a screen shot but I don't understand what you mean? What would you like a screen shot of? Snapchat?

And Snapchat works REALLY well, it's really smooth. Clicking buttons is almost instant now, and transitions are very speedy. Way better than 10.1, without exaggeration.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 06:01 PM
    I can get a screen shot but I don't understand what you mean? What would you like a screen shot of? Snapchat?

And Snapchat works REALLY well, it's really smooth. Clicking buttons is almost instant now, and transitions are very speedy. Way better than 10.1, without exaggeration.

Posted via CB10
    A screen shot of when you're taking a picture you? This screen is the bar on this screen?
    10.2.0.810, general/ subtle changes-img_20131467.png
    Alright thinking about switching to 10.2 but just want to make sure my top apps are working! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 06:31 PM
    Does the Evernote app actually work in this build as I cannot get it working in 483. Upgrading to 810 soon.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 06:32 PM
    In the hub is there an easier way to Mark as Read in 10.2

On android you can mark and delete by just swiping on the message, its easier than

Tap, hold, menu appears, delete?

Many thanks for taking the time to compile the list.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 06:36 PM
    10.2.0.810, general/ subtle changes-img_00000030.png

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 06:53 PM
    I can't see anything new, same as before.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 06:54 PM
    No it doesn't work. It takes you to a sign in page, then when you sign in it says 'new version available' and then you go to app world and it says 'unavailable for your device'.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 06:56 PM
    Very nice synopsis. Thank you!

Posted via CB10 with VZW Z10 (STL100-4)
    07-29-13 06:59 PM
156 123 ...