07-24-13 07:50 PM
284 ... 23456 ...
tools
    ^ this

I've tried every possible app file relating to phone/data/carrier no luck, I've tried 228/341 from 10.2 and even 10.1 radios to no avail.

Without a proper radio, I can't get it to work. I was tipped off 4633 may work, but it didn't.

Posted via CB10
    Thinking out loud wouldn't it make sense that we need to wait for a 5xx or higher full build to come out, because I think 10.2.0.5xx and above will need a 10.2.5xx and above radio file...
    07-17-13 09:11 PM
    07-17-13 09:12 PM
    Where did I say that, the post you quoted didn't say that, I do on the other hand care about your education... this might help... Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online
    Well thanks for caring.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 09:12 PM
    Well thanks for caring.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome
    07-17-13 09:13 PM
    Thinking out loud wouldn't it make sense that we need to wait for a 5xx or higher full build to come out, because I think 10.2.0.5xx and above will need a 10.2.5xx and above radio file...
    Seems that way, anything 500 or higher has had its radio separated. The files my source has for me is only STA100 radios

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 09:17 PM
    Damn dude you are dating us with that one.

Posted via CB10
    forbid3n and ghundiraj like this.
    Once upon a time, a darker time, a little tiny version of me used to watch soap operas after school. There was something morbidly fascinating about all the deceit, the backstabbing, betrayal, cheating and plot twists.

It's been years since I watched soap operas, but now I've come to the realization. CrackBerry is my favorite soap opera ever. Thanks for bringing me my daily dose of entertainment
    Damn dude you are dating us with that one.
    Heh. Back in the day...
    07-17-13 09:20 PM
    Seems that way, anything 500 or higher has had its radio separated. The files my source has for me is only STA100 radios

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I don't want to make it seem as though I have any "unreleased leaks" in my possession because I do not, but after reviewing some of the heading codes for the most recent 10.2.0.663 build it appears as though this will be the case. From what I can tell through a quick glace at a hex view of 663, it wouldn't be possible to mod either of the other 10.2 radios available, and no 10.1 radio will work with anything above of the official developers build, so I would say options are getting more limited... I would suspect that we'll see this "generation" style of programming through versions with BlackBerry, which from a stability and performance standpoint I like, from a standpoint of being a person outside of BBRY fiddling with leaks, not so much, but it could have significant payoffs when we do get our hands on it!
    russworman and toobs623 like this.
    07-17-13 09:27 PM
    Kris just want you to know, you've done a lot for the Crackberry denizens already. I don't know why the people here(only a few) can't be patient. You do all the work and they just leech. I'm running 10.1.0.4543 and I am thoroughly pleased. I for one really appreciate your tenacity in making the BB experience better. You have my vote for President brother.

My Z10 has a flow
    07-17-13 09:33 PM
    Once upon a time, a darker time, a little tiny version of me used to watch soap operas after school. There was something morbidly fascinating about all the deceit, the backstabbing, betrayal, cheating and plot twists.

It's been years since I watched soap operas, but now I've come to the realization. CrackBerry is my favorite soap opera ever. Thanks for bringing me my daily dose of entertainment
    I'm not ashamed to admit that I love coronation st.

Posted via CB10
    VeniceBB likes this.
    07-17-13 09:41 PM
    So is there some big update coming to the radios in 10.2?

10.2 what's your 10-20?
    07-17-13 10:18 PM
    Yeah, I don't want to make it seem as though I have any "unreleased leaks" in my possession because I do not, but after reviewing some of the heading codes for the most recent 10.2.0.663 build it appears as though this will be the case. From what I can tell through a quick glace at a hex view of 663, it wouldn't be possible to mod either of the other 10.2 radios available, and no 10.1 radio will work with anything above of the official developers build, so I would say options are getting more limited... I would suspect that we'll see this "generation" style of programming through versions with BlackBerry, which from a stability and performance standpoint I like, from a standpoint of being a person outside of BBRY fiddling with leaks, not so much, but it could have significant payoffs when we do get our hands on it!
    10.1 radios actually brake the device a bit, in the sense that I can't go back to a 10.2 radio without reloading an entire full OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 10:30 PM
    Did anyone consider that maybe the reason for the pin showing and that the radio doesn't work is that these leaks are for the A10?

They'll run in the Z10 due to the similar internals, and because they most likely used Zs for the early builds, due to hardware not being finalized. And since eventually 10.2 will make its way to the Z, might as well work on it.

I assume that the A10 will launch with 10.2, and that Blackberry will promise 10.2 for the Z and the Qs within a week or so, and then take 3 months to release it.

At which point any hints of a 10.3 will ALWAYS have the pin, since they will be built on the A10, that is of course assuming that the Z and Qs will even be capable of running it, and that they don't just abandon it for the next year's releases

Posted in the pooper
    07-17-13 10:48 PM
    10.1 radios actually brake the device a bit, in the sense that I can't go back to a 10.2 radio without reloading an entire full OS.

Posted via CB10
    Well well seriously?!?! Thank you for letting me know that, I just checked 663 and the OS in linking headers has a "non-hashing hasher" type of call, that's where its becoming non-functional it can be seen in 663, now I should check 341, I think the function was far more lenient and permitted more variability in the system for compatibility in previous versions...
    07-17-13 11:03 PM
    Did anyone consider that maybe the reason for the pin showing and that the radio doesn't work is that these leaks are for the A10?

They'll run in the Z10 due to the similar internals, and because they most likely used Zs for the early builds, due to hardware not being finalized. And since eventually 10.2 will make its way to the Z, might as well work on it.

I assume that the A10 will launch with 10.2, and that Blackberry will promise 10.2 for the Z and the Qs within a week or so, and then take 3 months to release it.

At which point any hints of a 10.3 will ALWAYS have the pin, since they will be built on the A10, that is of course assuming that the Z and Qs will even be capable of running it, and that they don't just abandon it for the next year's releases

Posted in the pooper
    I doubt it, but what do I know.
    07-17-13 11:04 PM
    Looking at the hex line that triggers the PIN to be superimposed, we know that this is not the case, it's just part of the devOS build.

And before anyone asks, yes I've looked there is a tamper resistant nature to the coding... I'm sure there is some method to circumvent it, but none that is practical for the time frame...
    07-17-13 11:05 PM
    Hey Kris, is there anything in this build about updates to holster notifications or notifications in general?
    07-17-13 11:06 PM

Posted in the pooper
    This was already mentioned before

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 11:11 PM

Which one of us is the evil twin, Laslow?

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    07-17-13 11:16 PM
    Kris, say no more air settings? Right?
    You could get just that file bar (settings2-10.2.0.xxxx-nto+armle-v7+signed.bar), decompress, and inquire in the qml that compose?
    07-17-13 11:26 PM
    might indicate a case of BlackBerry stepping up their efforts to provide OS up dates and radio updates separately to reduce OS fragmentation.

Posted via CB10
    russworman and gtung3388 like this.
    07-17-13 11:38 PM
    might indicate a case of BlackBerry stepping up their efforts to provide OS up dates and radio updates separately to reduce OS fragmentation.
    Plausible.
    07-18-13 12:05 AM
    flexNinja wrote it a couple of times that superimposed PIN is only there because the OS is not for that particular model. And it has been proven too with one of the leaks.

@kwm1337
    What do you mean by "non-hashing hash". Does it check for some kind of fixed code and if it's not good then cut off some functions, like voice call?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-18-13 12:10 AM
    Bollocks!! We're doomed!

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 12:15 AM
284 ... 23456 ...