07-15-13 10:46 AM
559 ... 20212223
tools
    It's because of your leaks that we thought of extracting the android bar from 663 onto a 483 and now we can side load android apps without the debug token. It's a step forward for all of us.
    And we all acknowledge the work u put in

Posted via CB10
    BerryWizard likes this.
    07-15-13 08:36 AM
    You've got to take the good with the bad, IMO. This community gave support, whiners included. Who else got made a moderator after 4 months and got a new phone? Kris is a nice guy and all but all this was not because of that. It is because of leaks! Feed the masses or they revolt.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:36 AM
    On top of that 99% of people don't read before installing, I'm not releasing something that's incomplete to have an entire thread of "My Phone is working HELP ME!"

Not to mention I've explained this before, it's the matter of the fact, I want to share, I just can't release a non working OS.

Maybe I'll just stop sharing details of what I get than. That way people can stop ******** about me not releasing it. I mean I know BlackBerry is watching me, so I'm putting my neck out to share info with everyone. I'm trying to help keep the BlackBerry platform alive, by providing info and what I can. Yet it's not good enough, people just need a leaky buggy OS.

So yup I think 663 is going to be my last ever thread to show the progress of this OS to the public. Because like lbfe I'm actually finally starting to get sick of all this "what right does it give him not to share" crap.

Enjoy until 10.2 official comes out

Posted via CB10

Well, tbh i totally agree with you. It's sad that people don't ever bother reading a bit about how stuff works and how to do things and even get aggressive when things go bad or want something leaked.

I just hope you will release some more info on twitter, there is easier to just keep the things under control. Or you could also post here showing the new stuff and making a closed thread or something, with people unable to comment, just look.
    m4dm4x and Blacklatino like this.
    07-15-13 08:43 AM
    Really sorry to hear this, Kris, but I got your point. Hopefully we won't lose you.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-15-13 08:43 AM
    Kris, can you confirm the resolution of the 60FPS recording?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:48 AM
    Well, tbh i totally agree with you. It's sad that people don't ever bother reading a bit about how stuff works and how to do things and even get aggressive when things go bad or want something leaked.

I just hope you will release some more info on twitter, there is easier to just keep the things under control. Or you could also post here showing the new stuff and making a closed thread or something, with people unable to comment, just look.
    It wouldn't work I guess, people start topics in the leak forum whatever issue they find and can't bother to spend a few minutes looking for an answer. This leak thing is getting out of control, as people expect it as a normal thing, and want to use it like that.
    E.g. the restore issues... yeah, it's nice to try to help each other resolve it, and also to report that if it's happening or not, but expect it to work for a never released build every time with a probably not even fully compatible desktop software... and soon it'll be a common belief that you can't always restore on a BlackBerry 10 device.

Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    07-15-13 08:49 AM
    Maybe there should be a must agree disclaimer for this forum section. If you agree to it, you can't ***** or complain, you can only be positive and constructive in your comments.

If you don't follow these rules you get banned. from the Beta/leaked section.

That way the people that want to be here and help and test/play with the leaks can keep the BS to a minimum.

Thanks for all the work in here Guys, Kris do what you got to do I can only image the BS your dealing with from these leaks.
    07-15-13 08:53 AM
    On top of that 99% of people don't read before installing, I'm not releasing something that's incomplete to have an entire thread of "My Phone is working HELP ME!"

Not to mention I've explained this before, it's the matter of the fact, I want to share, I just can't release a non working OS.

Maybe I'll just stop sharing details of what I get than. That way people can stop ******** about me not releasing it. I mean I know BlackBerry is watching me, so I'm putting my neck out to share info with everyone. I'm trying to help keep the BlackBerry platform alive, by providing info and what I can. Yet it's not good enough, people just need a leaky buggy OS.

So yup I think 663 is going to be my last ever thread to show the progress of this OS to the public. Because like lbfe I'm actually finally starting to get sick of all this "what right does it give him not to share" crap.

Enjoy until 10.2 official comes out

Posted via CB10
    That sucks but I guess that's the right thing to do, gives you some free time back also

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:55 AM
    It wouldn't work I guess, people start topics in the leak forum whatever issue they find and can't bother to spend a few minutes looking for an answer. This leak thing is getting out of control, as people expect it as a normal thing, and want to use it like that.
    E.g. the restore issues... yeah, it's nice to try to help each other resolve it, and also to report that if it's happening or not, but expect it to work for a never released build every time with a probably not even fully compatible desktop software... and soon it'll be a common belief that you can't always restore on a BlackBerry 10 device.

I was thinking about making a closed thread where to show the new leak's features. Information, not to leak the os. Kris could give the os to whoever he sees knowledgeable enough and promises he won't share for anything in the world IF he (Kris) wants/ considers fit to share...
    07-15-13 09:00 AM
    I was thinking about making a closed thread where to show the new leak's features. Information, not to leak the os. Kris could give the os to whoever he sees knowledgeable enough and promises he won't share for anything in the world IF he (Kris) wants/ considers fit to share...
    Yeah, I know. But then will be a thread: "Kris, does your 10.3 build makes coffee?" and if somebody starts this... you know the drill yes, a closed group would be great, but then: why UltraSmartGuy is a member but not me... you get my point there's always a thing to bi-ch about...

07-15-13 09:05 AM
    It's because of your leaks that we thought of extracting the android bar from 663 onto a 483 and now we can side load android apps without the debug token. It's a step forward for all of us.
    And we all acknowledge the work u put in

Posted via CB10
    Have you actually got this working? What bar did you use?

Also, yes whiners need to shut their pie holes. Its a leak and not a release for a reason. I'm not saying people shouldn't post the issues they have, the whole point if testing leaks is to voice the new features and the bugs found, BUT you can't post it as a complaint, you gotta take problems with a chuckle.. even if it bricks your phone.. that's what you signed up for when you download a leak. The unknown. And that's part of the thrill.

Anyone who has ever whined of complained even once... has no business installing leaks in the first place.

Still, while I completely understand where you are coming from Kris, I hope you decide not to let the whiners get to you, just fall back on the disclaimers in post 1, and ignore and posts in these threads that aren't constructive, but don't let the whiners ruin it for the rest of us!

Posted via CB10
    Can someone who has 10.2.xxx confirm that if the memory problem is resolved?

Almost all are facing this issue of high internal memory usage that goes in 'other'.

I'm currently on 10.1.0.273 and sitting at 13.6GB already consumed when I have all media, pictures etc on memory card.

If not... please can someone tell BlackBerry to address this issue in 10.2 itself. As with Android 4.2.2 support, we will have too many apps as per our choice

. Don't spoil the fun. * Fingers crossed *

Posted via CB10
    Have you actually got this working? What bar did you use?

Also, yes whiners need to shut their pie holes. Its a leak and not a release for a reason. I'm not saying people shouldn't post the issues they have, the whole point if testing leaks is to voice the new features and the bugs found, BUT you can't post it as a complaint, you gotta take problems with a chuckle.. even if it bricks your phone.. that's what you signed up for when you download a leak. The unknown. And that's part of the thrill.

Anyone who has ever whined of complained even once... has no business installing leaks in the first place.

Still, while I completely understand where you are coming from Kris, I hope you decide not to let the whiners get to you, just fall back on the disclaimers in post 1, and ignore and posts in these threads that aren't constructive, but don't let the whiners ruin it for the rest of us!

Posted via CB10
    You can download it here http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=828698

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:07 AM
    You can download it here http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=828698

Posted via CB10
    Thank you thank you Thank you!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:12 AM
    On 10.0 and 10.1 i can search for places to add in the weather application... a UK Z10...

Swipe from the top and tap the plus sign...

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:12 AM
    The complaining is kind of a false premise.

Where are all these posts from people complaining that stuff in a leak doesn't work? Observing is not the same as complaining and is not the same thing as whining. If people don't like a leak, they roll back to something that works.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:18 AM
    There should be a way to get leaks before kris & co decide to leak them, would be weird if they are the only one with access to leaks?

like bb vietnan have a vid of a10, maybe they can leak versions also?

Get yourself a job with BlackBerry and leak away. Not sure what value your comment adds to the thread. None I think.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-15-13 09:20 AM
    The complaining is kind of a false premise.

Where are all these posts from people complaining that stuff in a leak doesn't work? Observing is not the same as complaining and is not the same thing as whining. If people don't like a leak, they roll back to something that works.

Posted via CB10
    I Agree, if you don't know how to do don't do it.

But now people that do want to test, and not whine about things that doesn't work don't get the chance to play and poke around either.

Just because of the people that don't read or know how to do.

Yes I know that 663 isn't working, but if someone wants to play with it to see themselves why saying : sorry you can't because other people **** up for you.

I can understand the whine part, I didn't ment it as whining because I never complain about if something doesn't work.

Like kris told me, you need to install 341 first before you can install 483.

I didn't and couldn't call, kris told me that I cannot install the radio after installing. 483, didn't work for him.

I did it and worked perfectly, no problems at all.

By letting the people test that really want test bugs and things will be fixed faster also.

But that's how I think about it

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone running 10.2.0.483 [2ABA2B4C]
    vanthol likes this.
    07-15-13 09:26 AM
    Get yourself a job with BlackBerry and leak away. Not sure what value your comment adds to the thread. None I think.
    Maybe not, at least I got something worked kris told me I wouldn't work.... so yes I do test a lot..

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone running 10.2.0.483 [2ABA2B4C]
    07-15-13 09:28 AM
    which does not make any sense, they have the files the OS.. why not leak

or maybe its a 'being proud' thing, by having an OS that nobody has, everyone wants, and just say: no you don't get it until we got a new version so you can get the old one
    Dude really? I believe it's every pre-leak thread you do this, and you are very selfish for doing it....

Here is to hoping kris doesn't stop the leaks...if he does its understandable,

Here is to hoping that the WHINERS stay dahell out of pre-leak /leak threads

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:28 AM
    @Kris,

Any update to the video player. Specifically, better controls similar to that of the PlayBook?

Volume
    Mute
    Repeat
    Control buttons: play, previous, next.

Thanks.

Z10 & PlayBook
    07-15-13 09:30 AM
    Kris, leave the whinners, we acknowledge your work, just because few ppl r whining shouldn't mean the rest of community suffer. Just ignore those comments of whinning n keep posting new stuff. We wish you continue but even if u dont it's quite understandable. Hats off to your work. Thanks a lot.

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-15-13 09:31 AM
    I think he's right to be careful.
    We're in the middle of a beta phase. Lots of core components can change which can even break apps.
    He's mentioned that employees were told to downgrade.
    The OS seems to be making good progress and so the radio really needs to be updated as well.
    Devs can install incomplete OS on a Dev phone. It does make a difference when things start to break down, because some features might not have been finalized.
    Backups might screw things up down the line.

So, I'm sure some of us can be careful, but most don't realize how broken things can be. It's true that most of us can decide for ourselves if we want to waste our time or not, but when you see all the questions regarding simply installing or fixing leaks, I can understand why Krise doesn't want the extra burden and any special release mechanism is going to be arbitrary...
    Things will get better once the OS is declared gold. Each release after that should only focus on fixing minor issues and I suspect we'll see a lot more leaks then since carriers will start to test the OS.

My PlayBook? Very useful in the shower as a radio and notepad
    07-15-13 09:42 AM
    Kris posted that he will not be sharing anything about leaks on his BBM channel.
    To the people that begged for it (you know who you are), congratulations, the countless times everyone told you to stop asking for the leak and, you kept on asking.
    Now you are the sole reason that no one, including yourself, will even get to know about an upcoming leak.
    Kris was risking his device for you guys, and you blew it. It isn't your RIGHT, to have the OS Kris has, and you want to know why he was allowed to keep it from you? Because he was the only one that had it, therefore he has power over everyone asking for it.
    You had your chance, and you blew it.
    And to Kris I say this, thank you for your time and effort. It didn't go unnoticed and I hope that in the near future you may change your mind. (or the community shows that they are mature enough to handle this kind of thread again)
    As I for one, enjoyed these threads.
    07-15-13 10:02 AM
    Risking his device? You mean the one we bought for him?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 10:13 AM
559 ... 20212223