07-15-13 12:41 AM
29 12
tools
    not sure if it will work specifically for this leak but what worked for me on a different version was making a backup on the current OS, then extracting the files from both versions, finally using the manifest from the new back up but just changing the file sizes to those of the old backup. Oddly it only worked using the new manifest not adding the stuff from the new one into the old I dont get why?
    It's because the backup files containing the data can not be applied. I found another strange thing. Somewhere here i read that the usb port makes a difference if the restore fails, so i played around a lot.
    In my case it seems that the usb port that i use to install the leak, makes the difference. On 3 of the ports on my laptop i can not recover. But when i install the leak on the fourth, everything works.
    Can any of you confirm this?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 10:03 AM
    It's because the backup files containing the data can not be applied. I found another strange thing. Somewhere here i read that the usb port makes a difference if the restore fails, so i played around a lot.
    In my case it seems that the usb port that i use to install the leak, makes the difference. On 3 of the ports on my laptop i can not recover. But when i install the leak on the fourth, everything works.
    Can any of you confirm this?

Posted via CB10
    The port can make a difference in some cases.

General usb device troubleshooting says to connect directly to the computer not through hubs, try different ports, etc. I've also noticed usb3 ports (blue) to often be more problematic than usb2 (black).

with an autoloader though if it is interrupted before completion then these steps are needed, but if it completes, then the port shouldn't make a difference.

Backup and restore is just something that seems to be hit and miss for most people.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 10:13 AM
    Fwiw, I've never had an issue restoring, until this os. I tried to reboot phone and computer, usb ports, security wipe, nothing worked. Simply running the 483 autoloader again fixed it for me.

Although - perhaps I'm too impatient - but my Android apps won't launch after restoring. Just get the blue loading bar then it closes. Anyone else have this problem? If I don't restore, freshly installed android apps seems to work np
    07-15-13 12:07 AM
    I restored fine using my 4345 back up not using the latest version of link. I also restored a different Z10 fine using their 4345 back up using the latest version of link and it went fine too.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4 BBM Channel: C000534C0
    07-15-13 12:41 AM
29 12