08-31-13 08:35 PM
175 ... 4567
tools
    I re-downloaded and re-installed. Let's see how it works out.

Data over 3G still dramatically drains the battery.

STL100-2 OS10.2.0.1371
    On Vodafone gr everything is lean.
    Do you have good 3g signal?
    I don't have drain even on 4 g.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 07:05 AM
    On Vodafone gr everything is lean.
    Do you have good 3g signal?
    I don't have drain even on 4 g.

Posted via CB10
    3g coverage is not very good most of the time. I wonder if it's really necessary that so much energy is used for transferring data over a bad OTA connection.

STL100-2 OS10.2.0.1371
    08-26-13 07:16 AM
    my phone completely drained over night, looks like wifi still is buggy, it won't drain if wifi is off.
    08-26-13 09:53 AM
    my phone completely drained over night, looks like wifi still is buggy, it won't drain if wifi is off.
    Re-install???

STL100-2 OS10.2.0.1371
    08-26-13 10:08 AM
    When i open an voice message on WhatsApp, it crash. Also when I try to hear my own sent voice message, WhatsApp crashing.
    Had the same problem on 1323.
    On 1047 it worked fine.

Anybody else with the same issue?
    Know how to fix this?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 04:44 PM
    Is anyone else having trouble getting the BlackBerry Beta Zone app to load?

You usually put the phone in Development Mode, then go into BlackBerry World and swipe down and enter the words "Beta Zone," and the app appears (the one with the ladybug and magnifying glass).

It just says "Requested Content Not Found."

Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I get same thing (word is BetaZone though, fyi - though I tried it both ways too).

I went into BetaZone on web and got links, download, keycode and reinstalled that way. Back up and running with Channels.
    Last edited by Graheem; 08-26-13 at 07:53 PM.
    08-26-13 05:02 PM
    If you select the contact account (hit all on the bottom left of contacts app) and then enter the contact it should go to that specific account.

BerryLeaks
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, you would think it would (just) go to that specific account, and it does, as well as Local, Exchange, and two other webmail accounts I have on my phone. Basically you add a contact and it adds it to all your connected contact accounts, whether you want it to or not. Every time you try to remove a link, it seems to add more. I have now seen more threads about it and this appears to be a big bug of contention for all versions of BB10 so far.
    08-26-13 05:12 PM
    I am having difficulty adding calendar items. I click on the add icon in my calendar, type in the new appointment, try and save it, and it does not appear.
    Make sure you have that calendar activated.
    08-26-13 06:47 PM
    Make sure you have that calendar activated.
    It's fine at the moment. I think it was just settling down
    08-26-13 06:48 PM
    Facebook wouldn't connect. Went back down to 1047 and Facebook is still acting weird.
    It was fine before the most recent 10.2 leak.

Posted via CB10
    After first upping from 1047 to 1371 I had a lot of lag, and facebook wouldn't connect let me checkin (no connect) and same for some pages. I downgraded back to 1047 with parts of 1371 over top but still wasn't happy so reloaded 1371 and put the new unlocked runtime on it and phone is now best it's been. Battery not quite as good as it was on stock 1047 but close. Ready for primetime!
    08-26-13 07:50 PM
    .....and?

Perhaps this is an app issue, and not an OS issue?

Seriously, we can't blink our eyes like Jeannie and fix all problems anyone is having.

BerryLeaks co-founder | myver
    I thought this was a bug reporting thread. I am not looking for a solution. Chess-Wise worked fine in 1047, which I probably should have mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 08:39 PM
    When i open an voice message on WhatsApp, it crash. Also when I try to hear my own sent voice message, WhatsApp crashing.
    Had the same problem on 1323.
    On 1047 it worked fine.

Anybody else with the same issue?
    Know how to fix this?

Posted via CB10
    Not a problem for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 08:44 PM
    Is there a fix for bbm???
    I can send, but messages don't go thru

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 08:50 PM
    When I try to play a particular mp4 video in the video player the player hangs and won't play. I can back out if the player and close the video app, but then the battery starts to get hot and drain very quickly. I've checked the device monitor and it lists the System has the CPU more than 50 % usage or higher. And it never drops until I do a battery pull.

Now if I search for the same video in the File Manager I can launch the player and watch the video with no issues. And if I stop the video and exit the CPU usage stays low and the battery does not drain.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 08:58 PM
    I thought this was a bug reporting thread. I am not looking for a solution. Chess-Wise worked fine in 1047, which I probably should have mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I was being a j3rk last night. Apologies.

Chess Wise is one of those apps that I have installed from BlackBerry World but I just never use. I eventually stopped downloading it because I don't do restores and it was getting tedious to load and sort so many apps with as often as I'm installing new OSes.

I know the dev updates it very frequently, so I do hope it gets back to functioning for you.
    08-26-13 09:15 PM
    BlackBerry Z10
    STL-100-3
    BBM Chanels installed
    Security wipe before installing updated OS 1371
    Wallpaper changer not working
    Chess Wise not working
    Sprinkle not working. Tries to load but shuts down.
    I am really happy with everything else so far. Phone us running really well. Battery life is ok.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 10:19 PM
    My issue is that my emails won't be older than a couple days

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 11:09 PM
    There is a menu item named "Invite to Meeting." It should appear in the menu while you're viewing the message, and in the hub if you hit the overflow menu, and then the next overflow menu (the three dots).

That will create a calendar item where you can set all reminder parameters.

The one thing you need to remember to do with this is to remove the sender from the participant list prior to saving the email - unless of course you actually do want to invite them for a meeting.

The other handy feature of this method is that the appointment subject will be the email subject line, and the notes are pre-populated with the body of the email.
    wu-wei, FYI, I tried this method (great improv) following the suggested steps, however the email's subject title did not import into the ghosted meeting request's subject !! I'm running 1047, is that maybe why it doesn't work for me ??
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-26-13 11:35 PM
    wu-wei, FYI, I tried this method (great improv) following the suggested steps, however the email's subject title did not import into the ghosted meeting request's subject !! I'm running 1047, is that maybe why it doesn't work for me ??
    Hmm. That is odd. I don't see why it would be OS-dependent. I'll test a few more out and see what happens.
    Norg likes this.
    08-27-13 12:44 AM
    My issue is that my emails won't be older than a couple days

Posted via CB10
    No problem. Just delete the account and add it from scratch. When you make the initial setup of the account choose the forever option down on the bottom.
    That will solve your issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 03:17 AM
    hello ,

i really had a very bad experience with this build , actually all 10.2 builds ,,,
    1- hotspot doesnt work " which is very important to me "
    2- touch screen is really a mess , not stable
    3- gets over heated " aloooot "
    4- dont receive all bbm msgs

i did reboot it alot of times , but still , same problems

hope they fix that in official release ,
    08-27-13 04:12 AM
    hello ,

i really had a very bad experience with this build , actually all 10.2 builds ,,,
    1- hotspot doesnt work " which is very important to me "
    2- touch screen is really a mess , not stable
    3- gets over heated " aloooot "
    4- dont receive all bbm msgs

i did reboot it alot of times , but still , same problems

hope they fix that in official release ,
    What's your stl/sqn/sqr?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 07:31 AM
    This version the previous are laggy, any one else experience this?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this version is very laggy actually. 1323 was buttery smooth, 1371 is choppy all over the place. It's not just you

Posted via CB10
    Niels B likes this.
    08-27-13 11:14 AM
    Hmm. That is odd. I don't see why it would be OS-dependent. I'll test a few more out and see what happens.
    Great, look forward to reading your test results, much appreciated !!
    08-27-13 11:54 AM
    Great, look forward to reading your test results, much appreciated !!
    I tested with several different messages. The subject line populated with all of them. However, not all of the notes populated. And there was no definite reason behind it, both HTML and plain text messages would populate (so it wasn't type), but certain senders' messages would not populate (and it didn't matter whether they were in my contacts). Very unusual.
    Norg likes this.
    08-27-13 12:43 PM
175 ... 4567