09-04-13 11:19 AM
683 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Everytime phone boots up, wifi is off. Anyone else have this bug?

This is on Q10
    I do. Is there a fix yet?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 05:22 PM
    I'm on Rogers stl100-3 and my phone just rebooted after attempting to take a picture. I have taken several pictures with it since installing this OS and it's been fine. So it's only been that once.

Just wanted to put this out there for user feedback.
    08-05-13 05:24 PM
    Not one single random reboot since installing .1880 (stl-3) - until today...my 2nd day after installing 10.2. Anyone else? Anyone...?
    None here. Boot time shows my last manual boot yesterday when my phone was running hot. Reboot fixed it and nothing else since.
    eBud likes this.
    08-05-13 05:48 PM
    I do. Is there a fix yet?

Posted via CB10
    I had this too. I deleted my saved wifi and readded the network. Now a reboot doesn't disconnect from my saved wifis.
    08-05-13 05:50 PM
    I am not sure if someone has addressed this or not...But on Sunday a day after installing the leak, my son was using the phone while I was driving and had to unlock the phone multiple times as we were moving. When we stopped it never locked, but as we began moving it locked. Is this a new setting to prevent use while moving? I was not sure if this was new or because I had GPS enabled on the device.

Also, scrolling in CB10 and webpages was choppy and made my eyes hurt. At first I thought it was the restore I did from 10.1, so I did a security wipe, but the choppiness was still there afterwards. Either way, I was mainly concerned about the automatic locking that began.
    I have not experienced this. Was with my brother today, while he was driving, and my phone was just fine. I'd like to see if anyone else experienced this. Can't imagine this is baked in, but maybe?
    08-05-13 05:53 PM
    I have not experienced this. Was with my brother today, while he was driving, and my phone was just fine. I'd like to see if anyone else experienced this. Can't imagine this is baked in, but maybe?
    I have not experienced this. I take a train during the week and am on one as I write this. My phone hadn't locked.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 06:10 PM
    I'm having problems with the Keyboard not staying on the bottom of the chat (BBM) I will need to drop the keyboard down then up again. Battery dies too fast and even sometimes doesn?t recognized the Charger (doesn't show its charging, I even bought a new one today still no luck) the phone / search and camara shortcut on home screen doesn't work. Sometimes it disappear. The home screen icons disappears too. (Just throwing these out here)

Posted via CB10 app on my Z10 Stl100-1 on 10.2.0.1047
    Based on the number of issues you are having you may want to consider a reload of the os. With regard to the keyboard though, just tapping in the middle of the screen in bbm will make the keyboard go away. Tapping in the text box will bring it up

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 06:14 PM
    Has anyone who had the BB BetaZone app installed before been able to reinstall it after installing 10.2? And if so, how did you do it?

I've seen some people comment about having to install Channels from the Beta site (I did too) but I'd like to be able to get the app back if possible.
    08-05-13 07:01 PM
    Has anyone who had the BB BetaZone app installed before been able to reinstall it after installing 10.2? And if so, how did you do it?

I've seen some people comment about having to install Channels from the Beta site (I did too) but I'd like to be able to get the app back if possible.
    I would assume you can go through the steps outlined on the beta zone website again. Just go through the process of enabling developer mode, go to BlackBerry World, open options, and click on developer or whatever it is. It is better explained on the beta website.
    08-05-13 07:34 PM
    I can't restore anything using every method and my BBM won't restore. This is the only leak i've had problems with on my Q10. I've installed every single update with no issues until this 1047 update.
    08-05-13 07:39 PM
    Anybody else having all their received texts come in as mms messages with the person sending it in the chat twice? I send texts out fine, but whence I receive they are all in mms group mms chat format.
    Attachment 189733
    From your screen shot you have two people (might be the same number twice?) that you're sending to. That's why you're in MMS mode... its a "group message". Have you restarted the hub? Multiple swipes down from the upper right hand corner. Perhaps also try deleting that whole text convo and starting over again.
    08-05-13 07:53 PM
    From your screen shot you have two people (might be the same number twice?) that you're sending to. That's why you're in MMS mode... its a "group message". Have you restarted the hub? Multiple swipes down from the upper right hand corner. Perhaps also try deleting that whole text convo and starting over again.
    I managed to get it figured out I think. There were multiple contacts with the same number and the same name. (Somehow I had duplicates) So I went through all 600 contacts and deleted and linked them all until I had one a piece. I then deleted all my text messages and had somebody send me a text and it finally came through as just a text. The thing that was throwing me off, was that even though I was starting a simple sms to someone, when they replied, my phone would receive it as an mms and put it in an entirely different chat than the text I previously sent. But it seems to be working now. I'm hoping the multiple contacts was the issue. Thanks for the response!
    08-05-13 08:02 PM
    I managed to get it figured out I think. There were multiple contacts with the same number and the same name. (Somehow I had duplicates) So I went through all 600 contacts and deleted and linked them all until I had one a piece. I then deleted all my text messages and had somebody send me a text and it finally came through as just a text. The thing that was throwing me off, was that even though I was starting a simple sms to someone, when they replied, my phone would receive it as an mms and put it in an entirely different chat than the text I previously sent. But it seems to be working now. I'm hoping the multiple contacts was the issue. Thanks for the response!
    Glad to help and happy to hear that you got it figured out!
    08-05-13 08:06 PM
    I would assume you can go through the steps outlined on the beta zone website again. Just go through the process of enabling developer mode, go to BlackBerry World, open options, and click on developer or whatever it is. It is better explained on the beta website.
    The instructions no longer work for re-downloading the BetaZone app so I don't know if it's because it's not compatible with 10.2 or if it's something unique to my setup. I had seen some other posts of people trying to install it that way as well but all they were trying to do was get Channels or BBM working again.

I'd like to know if anyone else with 10.2 was able to re-download the BetaZone app using the instructions that worked on 10.1?
    08-05-13 08:55 PM
    The instructions no longer work for re-downloading the BetaZone app so I don't know if it's because it's not compatible with 10.2 or if it's something unique to my setup. I had seen some other posts of people trying to install it that way as well but all they were trying to do was get Channels or BBM working again.

I'd like to know if anyone else with 10.2 was able to re-download the BetaZone app using the instructions that worked on 10.1?
    Yep, I think pretty much everyone. I know a lot of people had to to get bbm working.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 08:56 PM
    Yep, I think pretty much everyone. I know a lot of people had to to get bbm working.

Posted via CB10
    I could never get the beta zone app on my phone but I was only trying through 10.2
    08-05-13 09:05 PM
    I could never get the beta zone app on my phone but I was only trying through 10.2
    run me through your process here, need more information to try and help.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:20 PM
    Everything working but this: when downloading pics in gmail they will download, they can be shared but not saved. Same thing happening with SMS. Got a couple of pics sent to me via txt and once I open the pic I will click on the 3 dots, select "save as" and nothing happens Any advice or fix will be greatly appreciated.
    08-05-13 09:22 PM
    I just upgraded to 10.2. So far everything is good accept my BlackBerry Messenger. Any insight into the BBM "Temporary Server Error"?
    10.2.0.1047 bug reporting thread.-img_00006766.png

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:30 PM
    run me through your process here, need more information to try and help.

Posted via CB10
    I was reading through some posts here that said that I needed to first put my phone into dev mode. So I did that, went into BBW, swiped down into settings then clicked on the "development mode" option. I then tried searching various forms of "blackberry beta zone" but I couldn't get anything to pop up.

Now, with that said, I didn't check into anything past that and really only tried it in passing that one time. I already had the most recent BBM Channels update so I didn't really have a need... just more of a want
    08-05-13 09:31 PM
    I just upgraded to 10.2. So far everything is good accept my BlackBerry Messenger. Any insight into the BBM "Temporary Server Error"?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00006766.png 
Views:	1117 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	189825

Posted via CB10
    I got this a few times, try logging back in after a restart. If you have not installed BBM channles that will likely help... it has been the magic bullet for most BBM issues thus far
    08-05-13 09:32 PM
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:35 PM
    Found another bug. Thought it was a one-off but it is not.

I cannot seem to have two Bluetooth devices with an audio sink connected at the same time. Every time when I connect to my A2DP steaming module on my in-car DSP my vehicle HandsFree Link connection drops. This was not the case on any previous release. Even on this release it seems to work occasionally but more often than not it's one or the other, not both.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:49 PM
    I just installed BBM Channels and it fixed my BlackBerry Messenger issue! Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted via CB10
    SteelGreek likes this.
    08-05-13 09:49 PM
    How long was it on the wipe screen before you pulled the battery? My phone personally takes a long time to wipe for some reason but I wait it out every time

White Z10 Verizon 10.1.0.4651
    Encryption? That takes long to wipe

Z10_10.2.0.1047
    08-05-13 10:45 PM
683 ... 1617181920 ...