09-04-13 11:19 AM
683 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Yeah it happens to me too. Just started today.

Posted via CB10
    I saw someone post that you just need to change your wall paper and it should work... I have nothing to back this up though lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:01 PM
    guys thats Weird the Only bug that i have here was with emoticons keyboard its slow and laggy , but just it i dont have any other bug at all as i said bfor i did full wipe bfore install and didnt restore from back up :O
    08-04-13 09:04 PM
    So I can confirm a few key bugs right now...

1. The OS network stack as it's seen and used by the Android runtime is messed up somehow. The Android runtime will randomly fail to detect a network connection unless the device is on Wi-Fi. This is despite the fact that the network is actually available and functional. Toggling the mobile network off and on appears to fix it temporarily, but it stops working again after a while.
    2. The Wi-Fi does not disable/enable properly. While some people are experiencing an issue enabling Wi-Fi, others, like me, are experiencing an issue where Wi-Fi cannot be disabled and it turns on automatically after every reboot.
    3. Netflix and some other Android applications are not functioning correctly. Spotify no longer works. Netflix loads up and is actually very smooth when browsing, but selecting anything is almost impossible with touches not registering correctly and more importantly even when the streaming is supposed to start the application just stays on "loading" screen indefinitely and the content never actually starts streaming.
    4. Nothing can be done to make Evernote work. It is stuck on the "update available" screen.
    5. Randomly, calls take an unusually long amount of time to hang up when the call has ended. This morning I had an instance where the call was showing as connected even though the actual call has ended approximately 30 seconds prior.
    6. Android apps (official and sideloaded) will randomly crash. No particular pattern about it, sometimes they work, sometimes they crash. I have also noticed severe slowdowns with some apps, like Winamp after a while using them.

I've already confirmed this with two separate clean loads of the OS, no restoring settings, no mucking about. Just a clean OS load.
    Thanks for the info. Very useful.

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:08 PM
    Everytime phone boots up, wifi is off. Anyone else have this bug?

This is on Q10
    This and BlackBerry Protect

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:16 PM
    I'm having issues with AT&T as well. It does seem to allow me to enable Internet Tethering, but if I try to turn on Mobile Hotspot it fails.

I did notice on 10.2.0.1047, when the phone does its initial setup, it didn't look like it was getting any custom settings/apps from AT&T. I retried after security wipe with the same result. My guess, since AT&T isn't pushing any custom profile to the phone, the phone doesnt end up with whatever it needs to work right on mobile hotspot. That, or its just broken.

I did find restoring (settings-only) from 10.1 to yield less than stellar results. Example, after doing so, if I try and set my Facebook password, the user ID field is blank and grayed out/uneditable. Had to delete the account and reload it to get FB working. So I went to the baseline of security wipe with no restore, and now am trying things. Biggest issue thus far is AT&T mobile hotspot fails to start.
    I'm in the same boat regarding the mobile hotspot. Everything else works well
    08-04-13 09:21 PM
    I saw someone post that you just need to change your wall paper and it should work... I have nothing to back this up though lol.

Posted via CB10
    I found the turning off and on parental control worked. Use it to have different lock screen. Will try new wp next time

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:32 PM
    You don't need that anymore... Shift + Send works for entering a line break.
    No Phill, what I mean is, in WS now I cannot create shortcut for:

in os.10.1.0.4651 I can create like that, but now WS will treat that like:
    (only 1 line).

Hope u understand, sorry for my english.
    08-04-13 09:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Haha changing wallpaper did not bring the 'phone/search/camera/quick page' back. Nice try though.

*sent from a tiny keyboard
    08-04-13 09:54 PM
    I found the turning off and on parental control worked. Use it to have different lock screen. Will try new wp next time

Posted via CB10
    That is the solution! I just turned off parental controls and the original home screens returned with the bottom section. Opening and closing folders and everything is still there. I went back into parental controls, turned it back on and it stayed. Will test some more and report back.

08-04-13 10:01 PM
    Haha changing wallpaper did not bring the 'phone/search/camera/quick page' back. Nice try though.

Too bad :-/ as I said I had no verification, just threw it out there.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 10:02 PM
    Mine still randomly restarts.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 10:10 PM
    I just noticed that I no longer get the "battery level below 20%" warning pop up. I do however still get the 10% reminder. I'm really liking this 10.2. No major issues here, none! A little inconsistency with the back gesture in some settings, but like I said been running it since Friday and it has been awesome.

White Z10 Verizon 10.1.0.4651
    08-04-13 10:25 PM
    android apps that work on q10 with 10.1 wouldn't even work on z10 stl1 or LE with latest 10.2

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 10:46 PM
    Blackberry link for remote access isn't working says my PC is always offline
    08-05-13 12:12 AM
    Okay, I installed the leak...nice...then did a security wipe and my phone is in a nonstop loop....it will not stop wiping....tried battery pull, it goes back to the wipe....tried to reinstall leak....it goes back to the wipe.
    *sigh* I knew I shouldn't have gotten greedy

*edited* back up and running....but gonna check out these bugs like the Skype and Headphone jack claims...will definitely be going back to 10.1.0.4687 if too many gremlins
    Last edited by w0lfgang; 08-05-13 at 12:47 AM.
    08-05-13 12:15 AM
    How long was it on the wipe screen before you pulled the battery? My phone personally takes a long time to wipe for some reason but I wait it out every time

08-05-13 12:18 AM
    Okay, I installed the leak...nice...then did a security wipe and my phone is in a nonstop loop....it will not stop wiping....tried battery pull, it goes back to the wipe....tried to reinstall leak....it goes back to the wipe.
    *sigh* I knew I shouldn't have gotten greedy
    WEll, looks like my phone is worthless
    The security wipe can take over 30 minutes to complete. Once complete, your device will shut down. Try it again but don't pull the battery (!) or interrupt the process. Be patient.

Lovin' the Z. | STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-05-13 12:21 AM
    Instagram 4.0.2 is working great on 10.2.0.1047. However, after recording a video and selecting a filter, instagram crashes during upload. I Have not found any posts in threads about this bug.
    08-05-13 12:33 AM
    Here are the two major things that I have found (major to me)
    * Skype does not work.
    * Headphone jack does not work.
    08-05-13 12:34 AM
    Here are the two major things that I have found (major to me)
    * Skype does not work.
    * Headphone jack does not work.
    Skype sideload 4.0.22082 and it works (debug method)

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 12:42 AM
    How long was it on the wipe screen before you pulled the battery? My phone personally takes a long time to wipe for some reason but I wait it out every time

I gave it 15-20 minutes.....thanks for the help, but I just reinstalled with the battery out and I am back up and running....I'm restoring from a backup now
    08-05-13 12:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I'll look into that ( haven't done sideloading to BB10).. but the headphone thing, it is just sad
    08-05-13 12:43 AM
    The security wipe can take over 30 minutes to complete. Once complete, your device will shut down. Try it again but don't pull the battery (!) or interrupt the process. Be patient.

Lovin' the Z. | STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    Yeah I'm gonna take a look around it and test all these bugs people are talking about....I'll wipe it again tomorrow...don't have time right now
    08-05-13 12:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    where can I find this "debug method"
    08-05-13 12:46 AM
    where can I find this "debug method"

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 12:58 AM
683 ... 1314151617 ...