On my Q10SQN100-1 / 10.2.0.1047 I don't see text messages in the hub

Quite a dealbreaker my text messages get lost in space and i have to go into each contact to check their texts LOL
    08-06-13 11:27 AM
    With the Hub open on the main Hub view press the three dots to bring up the extra menu, then select Hub Management, then make sure Text Messages is turned on.
    08-06-13 11:49 AM
    good try unfortunately no text message option is in hub management either.
    08-06-13 11:52 AM

Quite a dealbreaker my text messages get lost in space and i have to go into each contact to check their texts LOL
    Do a wipe of the device and see if it fixes the problem before you restore anything back on it. After the restore see if any the text message icon is in the hub, if not there is a issue your backup and you may have to resort to redoing everything. Not a problem with the firmware itself.
    08-06-13 11:54 AM

Have you gone into Hub settings, Hub management, and made sure the SMS toggle was set to on? Double check, before you point the finger at a faulty OS. Most times it's user error.
    08-06-13 11:55 AM
    I went to settings then Hub Managmement
    Messaging has BBM and PIN Mewsages(no text messages)
    08-06-13 12:15 PM
    Do a wipe of the device and see if it fixes the problem before you restore anything back on it. After the restore see if any the text message icon is in the hub, if not there is a issue your backup and you may have to resort to redoing everything. Not a problem with the firmware itself.
    engaging security wipe, I will report back
    08-06-13 12:16 PM
    engaging security wipe, I will report back
    This happened to me. I attributed it loading the os without a sim card installed but I reloaded the os and all was good after. We'll almost all. I still lose wifi after a reboot.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    08-06-13 12:18 PM
    This happened to me. I attributed it loading the os without a sim card installed but I reloaded the os and all was good after. We'll almost all. I still lose wifi after a reboot.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

21 minutes for security wipe.
    3 minutes to get through the tutorial etc device boot
    ...now it's preparing blackberry hub...time for the moment of truth... so blackberry hub DOES have "text messages" in it. therefore a corrupt backup I suppose was the culprit... Let me try and restore and report back.
    08-06-13 12:41 PM
    Same here. Please report on the result. Thx
    08-06-13 02:36 PM
    Fixed after security wipe. I didn't need to re-run the autoloader thing. Just security wipe and restore.
    By the way, Blackberry Link has a an issue where it doesn't realize you have installed Blackberry ID on your phone. To get over this, you need to kill Blackberry Link in task manager, or reboot so it refreshes the status, just clicking "Retry All" will NOT resolve this. Nor will redoing the Blackberry ID setup.
    BlackBerry ID is under settings Blackberry ID. Also for Blackberry link make sure you have setup Microsoft Outlook. I ended up losing texts thanks to not having outlook on a machine where I "thought" I had it backed up, unfortunately MS Outlook was brand new and never run on that machine.

Luckily with Google Accounts sync with contacts even my latest contacts were alive.
    08-06-13 02:59 PM
    as a warning please run a FULL backup including contacts via microsoft outlook before you do the security wipe. You may also want to write down your important apps just in case
    08-06-13 03:00 PM
    Thanks. Will try.
    08-06-13 03:07 PM