03-21-14 07:19 PM
87 ... 234
tools
    Thanks, it almost worked. You don't need to force stop the system, just the app you used that cased the problem.
    Only suggested that to prove it is something related to Android. Once that is verified, you can proceed to stop each app until you find the culprit. Some battery issues are not related to Android at all. This is just a quick way to verify that.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 10:24 PM
    Originally I was getting nervous as on day one I was only getting 4 hours, tops out of a full charge... Happy to report I am on day 4 and battery life has SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVED

Things I have done were to
    - Installed .810 android run time
    -I had issued with Facebook so i installed a previous version of that and then upgraded to the current (notifications we not working)
    - I upgraded BBM to the BBM channels beta

I use side loads as well as regular apps with and without WIFI
    08-10-13 06:41 PM
    My battery life plunged dramatically when I installed this leak, but only on some days, not on others. Eventually, I noticed (using the App Manager) that starting the Neutron music player is driving CPU usage up to 40%+ for System. When I close Neutron, the CPU usage of System drops back to ~4%. The programmer says he has found a coding error affecting power consumption of the Active frame, so he hopes to have fixed it at the next release. I wonder if there are other apps with this type of issue. If you are having troubles with battery life, it may be worth using the App Manager to see the effect of closing various apps..
    08-10-13 08:54 PM
    My battery life plunged dramatically when I installed this leak, but only on some days, not on others. Eventually, I noticed (using the App Manager) that starting the Neutron music player is driving CPU usage up to 40%+ for System. When I close Neutron, the CPU usage of System drops back to ~4%. The programmer says he has found a coding error affecting power consumption of the Active frame, so he hopes to have fixed it at the next release. I wonder if there are other apps with this type of issue. If you are having troubles with battery life, it may be worth using the App Manager to see the effect of closing various apps..
    Your logic makes sense, sounds like you may be on to something here... and since most of the apps haven't been optimized for 10.2 yet, then maybe others are pulling more juice when in active frame mode too !!
    08-10-13 11:01 PM
    Well it isn't the CB app... With CB in active screen.

10.2.0.1047 battery drain issue...-img_20130625.png

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:32 AM
    I had it the 3rd time since installing it several days ago that battery was completely drained after several hours even though device wasn't used at all and was completely in airplane mode.

Also I noticed that after resetting, wifi is automatically on and most of the time 4G/cell is turned on even so it was off before the reset. Maybe this is causing the battery drain issues. Random restarts etc.

Plus hub sometimes crashes, have to restart phone.

I'm not happy at all with 10.2 and will go back to 10.1.xxx!
    08-11-13 07:43 AM
    Here's a tip for anyone having battery issues. At least this worked for me. Go into System Settings -> App Manager -> Device Monitor. If you find the System process is in the 20%+ range then there is a good possibility that the Android runtime and likely an android app is causing the issue.
    At this point, you will need Ghost Commander or equivalent. Startup and click on applications. Look for the Android System process and click and hold to manage app. What you want to do is force close the Android system process.
    Now go back to BB10's Device Monitor and you should see the system process drop back down to a more reasonable 3-4%.
    This will verify that this is indeed related to Android - likely an app.
    In my case, it was the new Facebook Home/Facebook combo side-loaded apps. I deleted and problem went away.

Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for advise, luckily system was 3.4%

Posted via Q10
    08-11-13 09:29 AM
    Installed the 10.2.0.1047 and the battery is draining if very fast. The entire battery on full charge does last for more than 4 hours. Any solutions??
    08-14-13 02:43 PM
    how did you do all that? where did you find the downloads and how did you install them?
    08-14-13 02:47 PM
    Installed the 10.2.0.1047 and the battery is draining if very fast. The entire battery on full charge does last for more than 4 hours. Any solutions??
    If you just installed it, you need to give it a day or two to settle down.

For me, I'm convinced that my battery drain issue is related to WIFI connecting to a network. If WIFI is on and connected to a network (for example, when I go home and it finds my home network)....the phone begins to run very hot and the battery drains quickly.

I have had WIFI off for over a week now and my battery life is excellent....I'll run all day (LTE) and have plenty of battery charge left by the end of the evening (+14 hours). BTW...WIFI ON, but not connected to any network doesn't cause the phone to go into overdrive...for me anyway...it's related to being connected.

I've also noticed that if I move out of an LTE area and hook to 3G...the phone begins to heat up....but I had noticed that with 10.1 as well. The WIFI issue described above is strictly a 10.2 issue as I never experienced it with 10.1.

Your mileage may very, though.
    08-14-13 02:58 PM
    don't know if people are still having trouble with this, but i can share my experience. I upgraded to 10.2 exactly one week ago. I experienced annoying battery drain issues ("standby" seemed to be the biggest culprit), and on top of it all my applications were extremely slow. It's worth mentioning that I've had space issues on my BB Z10 since purchase. I've always had more than 10GB in use on the device itself, without pictures / music. I had difficulty installing the update because i kept running out of space.
    So eventually i get 10.2 installed. after uninstalling most of my applications, turning wireless / location services off, nothing seemed to resolve the battery drain issue. My phone was dead after 4 hours of passive use. I read somewhere that a security wipe would work, so i gave that a try out of desperation. 10 hours after initiating the security wipe, it was still going so i held the top button down until my phone rebooted. The security wipe icon came back up and nothing seemed to be happening. Being the impatient person I am, i rebooted it several more times and eventually brick'd my phone (the yellow triangle with the bb error link came up).
    From there i tried reloading the OS from blackberry link, but it kept failing half-way through the process. I was about to take the phone into the dealer, but then i decided to try the autoloader for 10.2

Worked PERFECTLY. Seems it just re-wrote the OS to my phone, now everything works great. First thing i noticed was the fact that i was now only using 3 GB of my device storage, and all my apps (android apps included) were working significantly faster. oh and the battery drain issue is completely gone. Feels like a new phone!
    02-22-14 12:53 PM
    I had the same problem with my z10, battery was drained for a week and apps running freaking slow, I was so pissed!

But, the good news, I found a FIX for this crap..

follow this instructions:

1 - DO NOT upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2 using your phone "update system", you have to do a fresh install using your computer with Blackberry Link software.
    2 - Install Blackberry link
    3 - Do a full backup first (at backup & restore tab) - Backup Device
    4 - After Backup all the data from your phone, do a Factory RESET (button under Backup & Restore tab) make sure you have install a fresh copy of 10.2 OS from the "software updates tab
    5 - Do a restore Device now.. all your files, photos, texts, contacts, videos, apps, docs and others automatic will be at your Z10 again, so no worries!
    6 - Follow the instructions at the Screen.. and done

Your phone will be like new, fast, no video, camera problems anymore, and the battery life will be better from the original OS 10.1

Enjoy!
    03-21-14 07:19 PM
87 ... 234