Hello, I have a -3 z10 on att and I've been reading about autoloading, leaked os', etc but I'm still a little reluctant about loading one of the leaks. It seems like 2354 is the latest one, but are some people having trouble with sms and mms? And I'm also pretty confused about what radio files to load and what those even are to be honest. If I do decide to do a leak, I want to do the sachiup path, as it seems to be less intrusive than the autoloading way. If any att users can chime in on their experiences that would be great! I was originally going to just wait for the official update but I've lost all hope in att. Thanks guys!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 10:36 PM
    .2354 is an official OS from a Romanian carrier. I have had NO issues with it, including text or mms. Standard radio that comes with it is just fine. Your decision should really boil down to whether you use autoloader or sachibar to load it. Sachibar is the easiest, but I have had a couple of small issues to work around with it. You might want to consider autoloader just for the learning experience. As long as you gather information and pick through the threads you will be OK. Don't panic because any mi stake you make can be fixed. Goes without saying that if you have issues with your text/mms, you can always go back an OS. Good luck!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    06-09-13 10:45 PM
    Don't be afraid to dive onto the world of leaks here. Review the thread for the leak you want to install thoroughly to make sure there are no issues that would affect you, before installing. I have generally used the autoloader method but last time I loaded the hybrid and had to use Sachibar to upload two files. A very friendly program, easy to use.

The other important thing to remember is that if something does go wrong, you can restore to your last official release without much difficulty, by simply soft bricking your device, and reloading the OS using BB Link. It will reload the last official version. Also the participants on the this sub-forum are super helpful when it comes to helping members resolve problems.

I am by no means a techie but have ben happily loading leaks and hybrids no problem. The most common problem that I have come across has been yahoo accounts refusing to reload after an upgrade (and this has not happened all the time). You get a weird message about logging into your yahoo account on your pc and trying again. The solution seems to be to just wait 12 hours and try again. Other than that it has gone as smooth as silk. As mentioned above 2354 is not really a leak but an official release from Orange in Romania. It is for -2 Z10, but worked fine on my -3.
    06-10-13 08:55 PM
    I have a -3 on att, I did the sachup/sachibar method, smooth and the radio works fine, only thing is the boot time when using this method, it can take a fair amount of time to boot! Mine took about ten minutes to reboot after the up grade and it will take about a day for the os to settle also, I have no regrets so far

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:30 PM
    I did autoloader.exe way and no problem with att pensylvania here

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:26 AM
    I used autoloader for 2354 on my -3 from AT&T and have had no problems at all. In fact, what was my biggest problem - random restarts - seems to have gone away. Zero restarts since the day it was loaded 2.5 weeks ago. This was my third (and last) leak, and was the best by far. Battery life has been exceptional, and no issues with boot times, MMS, etc. I will gladly stick with this leak until there's an established official.
    06-11-13 07:39 AM
    For 10.1 releases/leaks there are no problems. An initial long boot time and some running warm just after the upgrade is normal as your re-establish your accounts and everything gets populated from various clouds. After a day or so the device has settled in and it all works great - best to do the upgrade before you go to bed so it's more or less happy when you get up.

Now - the upgrade to 10.2 (which is not even really due out before September) is a different thing. That release is still in the oven and needs more time to cook. Because it's not close to being ready (it's at x.x.x.228 versus x.x.x.2542 for 10.1, for example) you're taking your chances.

I have never "lost" a phone with the leaks. You can always get back to factory fresh and start again.
    06-11-13 07:45 AM
    I used autoloader for 2354 on my -3 from AT&T and have had no problems at all. In fact, what was my biggest problem - random restarts - seems to have gone away. Zero restarts since the day it was loaded 2.5 weeks ago. This was my third (and last) leak, and was the best by far. Battery life has been exceptional, and no issues with boot times, MMS, etc. I will gladly stick with this leak until there's an established official.
    I concur with this post as the 2354 OS has worked just fine for me and yes the reboots went away for me as well.

10,000th word that came to mind on CB...
    06-11-13 09:10 AM
    Thanks for all the replies guys, I think I'm going to do it! One last question, do I need to delete my sideloaded apps first? I use instagram, snapchat, and Nike training center a lot and don't really want to lose my data if I don't have to.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:09 PM
    Thanks for all the replies guys, I think I'm going to do it! One last question, do I need to delete my sideloaded apps first? I use instagram, snapchat, and Nike training center a lot and don't really want to lose my data if I don't have to.

Posted via CB10
    If you use sachup/sachibar you lose nothing, if you use autoloader you have to set up everything just like when you took it out of the box

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:21 PM
    Updated my phone to 2354 with sachup and everything went smoothly! Took forever to download the files and the update looped once, but it figured itself out and everything was fine. Didn't affect my phone negatively in any way, sms and mms are working well, I even got a few messages during the update. Really happy thanks for the tips guys!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 03:16 PM
    No issues what so ever - simple to do. Follow the instructions, easy peasy

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 03:32 PM