07-15-13 12:39 PM
55 123
tools
    Yeah, that's GPRS/GSM. Pretty limited network connectivity. Basically only calls and SMS...and BB data. Great battery performance though. Try a restart to rejuvenate the ol' network.
    Thanks We-wei. I never saw it before, ever. Always had E, 3G or H/H+. I was outside of Bangkok and the network upgrades are still spotty so I'm not surprised. I'm back in Bangkok now, so back on 3G ;-)

Let's hope the battery performance and temp hold. Previously I've been averaging 32 degrees+ and battery performance has been marginal.
    07-14-13 05:45 AM
    Can you guys help me with something - if the PIN showing on the screen can be removed with a simple reboot what's the big deal if it shows on initial installation? Both your post and one of the following mentions this. Unless, of course, it really doesn't go away.
    In any case thanks for your great contributions to this forum - I always follow your threads.

Thanks to flexNinja for the 4561 leak ( http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...r100-x-828277/ ), but the radio is incompatible with the Z10 so here is a full autoloader repackaged for those who care to try it.

Radio: 10.1.0.4544

https://mega.co.nz/#!BEUGmK7b!IUwXTA...PEsO2NpeiKi5c4

The PIN is overlaid on the screen in this build for the Z10 on first boot - after a reboot it goes away though (thanks to jajor for pointing this out in the original thread)

Disclaimer: I'm not actually running this myself because the overlaid PIN does annoy me, I just loaded it long enough to find that it'd boot alright and I'm just uploading this for others to try.
    07-14-13 07:11 AM
    I dont think it can be removed,its nothing major in my eyes anyway
    07-14-13 07:22 AM
    Can you guys help me with something - if the PIN showing on the screen can be removed with a simple reboot what's the big deal if it shows on initial installation? Both your post and one of the following mentions this. Unless, of course, it really doesn't go away.
    In any case thanks for your great contributions to this forum - I always follow your threads.
    It cannot be removed. It will only not be present if you are running this OS on a Q. The Z's will all have it as this OS was not built for our units. That's why it is a hybrid with a different radio file so it will run on our units.
    07-14-13 08:35 AM
    Installed and restored and running well on my Verizon Z10 STL 100-4. Pin was only their initially, after 1st reboot it went away. Thanks for putting this together.
    07-14-13 08:58 AM
    Yeah, about that...I just never removed the disclaimer from the original post once it was discovered that the PIN would dissappear after a reboot. (this is the only build of OS that has done this so far, if a PIN is overlaid on the screen usually it can't be removed)

Fixed now.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:09 AM
    After several hours of usage it seems the radio file is not playing very nicely with the OS. It's not holding a network for very long, which is now causing heavy power consumption. Bouncing a lot from H+ to 3G and back, and I'm in central Bangkok right now where the networks are the strongest.

Temp is way up to 36 degrees now as well. Only been using BBM, and contacts. No phone calls or other apps open.

Have to wait and see through tomorrow.

Posted via CB10

Attachment 182477
    07-14-13 09:09 AM
    Yeah, about that...I just never removed the disclaimer from the original post once it was discovered that the PIN would dissappear after a reboot. (this is the only build of OS that has done this so far, if a PIN is overlaid on the screen usually it can't be removed)

Fixed now.

Posted via CB10
    Guess I'm eating crow on this one. LOL. It just disappeared on mine as well. Doh!!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:15 AM
    Just rebooted and saw this funny message in the HUB.

10.1.0.4561 + 10.1.0.4544 Radio Hybrid for Z10 (STL100-2,3 and 4)-img_00000006.png

Anyone ever see that before??

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:19 AM
    Just rebooted and saw this funny message in the HUB.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000006.png 
Views:	1690 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	182479

Anyone ever see that before??

Posted via CB10
    Been reported on this build several times, but I've never seen it yet. It seems to only affect apps when they're already in the process of closing so it doesn't seem to be a problem - other than the occasional pop up message that is.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:23 AM
    Been reported on this build several times, but I've never seen it yet. It seems to only affect apps when they're already in the process of closing so it doesn't seem to be a problem - other than the occasional pop up message that is.

Posted via CB10

I love the last part of the message, "and was slayed"!!! Too damn funny

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:29 AM
    hybrid 483 is just too good for me, I'll probably wait for new 10.2 leak instead. thanks for this nonetheless.
    07-14-13 12:07 PM
    I installed this leak last night, did security wipe and used my backup to restore everything. I am having no issues to complain about. Battery life seems marginal but it has only been 12 hours or so on this install. I'm going to give it time to settle in. Thumbs up so far...
    07-14-13 02:39 PM
    Also did an install and so far everything is working smoothly. Dis a backup, used the autoloader, then a restore with no problems. Probably took less than 15 minutes to complete!

The watermark disappeared with a battery pull (maybe I'm lucky!) and so far this is one of the fastest and smoothest OS so far! Previously was running 10.1.0.4543 and this new one is very slick. Can't tell about battery usage until I give phone a full charge.

If anyone has any qualms about download this version, they shouldn't have any problems if they follow the simple install directions!
    07-14-13 07:40 PM
    Gmail seems a lot happier with this build, hasn't lost connection yet.

Now if only the calendar app would display the formula one calendar I subscribe to in google calendar. It shows it for a few minutes every time I install a new OS and then it disappears.
    07-14-13 10:34 PM
    can you share os only 10.1.0.4561 sir ... thankiuuu
    07-14-13 10:59 PM
    I'm wondering if this build fixes the timezone issue in the calendar from the .4543 build. The issue is that when the clock is set to say Mountain Time for example, the calendar is set to Chihuahua Time. Now, both zones have the same -7 offset but if you change the time zone in a calendar entry to Mountain Time then the entry moves 1 hr ahead (from 9AM to 10AM). If someone could check this for me before I load it that would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I loaded this build and the time zone issue is still there. No biggie.
    Last edited by SilkySunshine; 07-15-13 at 09:30 AM.
    07-15-13 12:42 AM
    I'm going install this OS.

4537 was messed up for Call Display pictures and no VVM on Rogers Wireless.

Hope both of those are fixed but mainly the call display issue.
    07-15-13 02:02 AM
    I'm going install this OS.

4537 was messed up for Call Display pictures and no VVM on Rogers Wireless.

Hope both of those are fixed but mainly the call display issue.
    What kind of issues are you seeing with pictures on call display?

I am not seeing that problem at all.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 03:09 AM
    the caller ID was slow and took time to recognize the caller and would display the number for a longer time before displaying the name.

What kind of issues are you seeing with pictures on call display?

I am not seeing that problem at all.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 03:26 AM
    the caller ID was slow and took time to recognize the caller and would display the number for a longer time before displaying the name.
    Definitely not an issue with this build.

Did you do a restore of settings? That might be part of the issue.

I did not do a restore this time, but chose to set-up from scratch.
    07-15-13 05:25 AM
    After several hours of usage it seems the radio file is not playing very nicely with the OS. It's not holding a network for very long, which is now causing heavy power consumption. Bouncing a lot from H+ to 3G and back, and I'm in central Bangkok right now where the networks are the strongest.

Temp is way up to 36 degrees now as well. Only been using BBM, and contacts. No phone calls or other apps open.

Attachment 182477

Have to wait and see through tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, 9 hours through the next day (moderate usage)and the radio file will still not settle down, although battery consumption isn't too bad. Still have 47% left, but the temp is still running high.

Gonna do one more battery pull (done two already) and see if by tomorrow it settles down.

Any suggestions on which other radio file might work well with this OS? I'm running STL100-2
    07-15-13 06:42 AM
    Any mirror link please all gentle guys?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:32 AM
    Getting the slayed error message all the time.. Will donwgrade..
    07-15-13 08:56 AM
    Getting the slayed error message all the time.. Will donwgrade..
    Have you tried doing a security wipe and/or reloading the OS?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:16 AM
55 123