07-04-13 03:47 AM
136 ... 456
tools
    So according to Kris, 4537 should be arriving rather soon (he posted yesterday saying soon)
    So for the time being, I'm thinking that 4537 MAY be the perfect OS to throw with the 341 radio
    GPS didn't work in this current build because well, it was fine tuned for Q10. I'm betting that GPS will work on the 4537 build because there is a functional Z10 version
    This means we get both 10.1 and 10.2 app support, with 10.2 battery life and stability
    FuriousK likes this.
    07-02-13 10:50 PM
    Yes. Looking forward to. 4537

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 02:51 AM
    Flash the autoloader as is
    Then extract the -1 version of the 341 OS, and install that radio
    Flash that using autoloader
    See if that works.
    The problem I can see is that the -1 uses a different chipset that everything else, so it might run into problems.
    I'm not sure, but give it a go
    After you split the radio and os, I got 2 signed files. How do you flash JUST the radio file?

Last night I just combined the 10.2.0.340 radio file with the 10.1.0.4285 OS and just created a new autoloader, but I had to restore my phone completely.

Also, on my q10 sqn100-3 on rogers, my gps doesn't seem to fully lock. It is usually accurate to 1500m, the blue dot is quite close to where I am, but it's no gps lock, not yet at least. Battery life does seem to be improved. Doesn't drain as much but it's only been the first 4 hours or so of testing this morning.
    07-03-13 09:01 AM
    After you split the radio and os, I got 2 signed files. How do you flash JUST the radio file?

Last night I just combined the 10.2.0.340 radio file with the 10.1.0.4285 OS and just created a new autoloader, but I had to restore my phone completely.

Also, on my q10 sqn100-3 on rogers, my gps doesn't seem to fully lock. It is usually accurate to 1500m, the blue dot is quite close to where I am, but it's no gps lock, not yet at least. Battery life does seem to be improved. Doesn't drain as much but it's only been the first 4 hours or so of testing this morning.
    Yah, that's why in's in the OP saying that some Z10 for sure has no GPS
    Some Q10 users report GPS works, others report otherwise
    I'm waiting for the 4537 OS release. I believe that 4537 will have GPS support because it's written for both devices.

You did the right thing combining the 2 files and installing it. Unless you were already on the OS, and you're only changing radio files, you will always have to restore (unless you use sachibar, which requires bar files, not .signed)

Battery life is much better in this hybrid than other OS's. I got 0.5% drain overnight
    07-03-13 10:38 AM
    I can definitely live with the gps for now as the battery is so much better.

I actually was on the 4285 os already. I was trying hard to find out how to just change the radio file through google but I just gave up.

So how do you go about changing radio files on the same os without having to restore? I'm guessing it's something to do with getting the radio file in bar format and loading with sachibar?

Thanks!

Yah, that's why in's in the OP saying that some Z10 for sure has no GPS
    Some Q10 users report GPS works, others report otherwise
    I'm waiting for the 4537 OS release. I believe that 4537 will have GPS support because it's written for both devices.

You did the right thing combining the 2 files and installing it. Unless you were already on the OS, and you're only changing radio files, you will always have to restore (unless you use sachibar, which requires bar files, not .signed)

Battery life is much better in this hybrid than other OS's. I got 0.5% drain overnight
    07-03-13 12:19 PM
    I can definitely live with the gps for now as the battery is so much better.

I actually was on the 4285 os already. I was trying hard to find out how to just change the radio file through google but I just gave up.

So how do you go about changing radio files on the same os without having to restore? I'm guessing it's something to do with getting the radio file in bar format and loading with sachibar?

Thanks!
    2 Options:

1) If you have the .bar radio file from downloading with Sachup, you can just load that with Sachibar.

2) With the .signed radio file (from inside the .bar) you can use cap or Sachup to create a radio-only autoloader. Same process as with a full OS autoloader, just you leave out the OS file (in cap) or only select the one radio file (rather than 2 files in Sachup.)

Note that I have read where people can have trouble switching between Sachibar and Autoloader installation processes on their phones (if you used Autoloader initially, you should stick with Autoloader, if you used Sachibar, stick with that - until the next full OS reload) but I can't recall if that issue applies to radio files.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 12:46 PM
    2 Options:

1) If you have the .bar radio file from downloading with Sachup, you can just load that with Sachibar.

2) With the .signed radio file (from inside the .bar) you can use cap or Sachup to create a radio-only autoloader. Same process as with a full OS autoloader, just you leave out the OS file (in cap) or only select the one radio file (rather than 2 files in Sachup.)

Note that I have read where people can have trouble switching between Sachibar and Autoloader installation processes on their phones (if you used Autoloader initially, you should stick with Autoloader, if you used Sachibar, stick with that - until the next full OS reload) but I can't recall if that issue applies to radio files.

Posted via CB10
    Ah it's that easy, almost had it when I created my full os autoloader
    07-03-13 02:00 PM
    Ah it's that easy, almost had it when I created my full os autoloader
    Don't interchange between using sachibar and autoloader
    You will flop if you do, and have to do a full restore
    I personally prefer autoloader, but each to his own
    07-03-13 11:49 PM
    07-04-13 02:50 AM
    Yup. I'm on it. I'll see what will work.
    I'm pretty sure everything will work OTB including GPS
    07-04-13 03:37 AM
    4537 is newer than 341 :O
    Let's give her a go
    I have seen reports about GPS still not working if a 10.2 radio is used. I'll verify it myself

Update: GPS does not work. Will have to use 4537 radio for GPS. It's newer anyways
    Last edited by masterscarhead1; 07-04-13 at 04:33 AM.
    07-04-13 03:47 AM
136 ... 456