07-04-13 12:39 PM
1,251 ... 4546474849 ...
tools
    I'm on my this or fourth day on 2354 and my battery life seems to be getting worse. I have Skype and Waze downloaded. Are either the those battery hogs? I don't use them but wondering of they are causing problems.

Posted via CB10
    One thing I noticed, sometimes phone encryption causes baytery drain on this build - reinstalled and it has a low drain with encryption on.

Sometimes some things do not install properly it seems...

Monitor your drain when idle with battery guru and post a screenshot? Sometimes patterns appear that allow one to suggest potential culprits.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 01:04 AM
    One thing I noticed, sometimes phone encryption causes baytery drain on this build - reinstalled and it has a low drain with encryption on.

Sometimes some things do not install properly it seems...

Monitor your drain when idle with battery guru and post a screenshot? Sometimes patterns appear that allow one to suggest potential culprits.

Posted via CB10
    My sdcard is encrypted. The first day, it performed better than it is now. I'm suspecting an app. Here is my usage for yesterday. I did plug it in a few times to get more juice bc I was out and about and needed a charged phone.

10.1.0.2354 Autoloader for STL100-2//3/4-img_00000017.png

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 07:44 AM
    My sdcard is encrypted. The first day, it performed better than it is now. I'm suspecting an app. Here is my usage for yesterday. I did plug it in a few times to get more juice bc I was out and about and needed a charged phone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000017.png 
Views:	997 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	170330

Posted via CB10
    My "encryption drain" (phone actually, not SD card)on standby with Wi-Fi looked different. Without Wi-Fi I got something similar though.
    If you had a broken SD card encryption (happened to me once, it hung) you would see a constant drain of 0.2W that is not there.

Are you using the mobile phone connection only or wifi as well? Every spike represents some usage - and 2W spikes are typical in a low signal area on a mobile connection.
    It looks very much like an application querying data in the background - but that might be hard to track down.

When did it start? Any changes?
    06-10-13 08:15 AM
    Are we saying having an encrypted device uses more battery than unencrypted?

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    06-10-13 08:22 AM
    Hi,
    I've got a question. Is this leak the same like official 10.1.0.2312?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:06 AM
    Are we saying having an encrypted device uses more battery than unencrypted?

This should NOT be the case, however I have noticed that is something goes wrong somewhere along the OS installation this manifests itself in higher battery drain when the device is encrypted. (Specifically in my case, this was dragging all upgrade files into Sachibar at once - one should install the radio and OS core first, then the remainder.)
    06-10-13 09:19 AM
    Hi,
    I've got a question. Is this leak the same like official 10.1.0.2312?

Posted via CB10
    It is, as it is the official OS for some carriers (EE Romania, Vodafone DE now has it as has EE UK apparently).
    Vigolec likes this.
    06-10-13 09:19 AM
    My "encryption drain" (phone actually, not SD card)on standby with Wi-Fi looked different. Without Wi-Fi I got something similar though.
    If you had a broken SD card encryption (happened to me once, it hung) you would see a constant drain of 0.2W that is not there.

Are you using the mobile phone connection only or wifi as well? Every spike represents some usage - and 2W spikes are typical in a low signal area on a mobile connection.
    It looks very much like an application querying data in the background - but that might be hard to track down.

When did it start? Any changes?
    It started two days after install (I'm on day 4 or 5). I'm on wifi most of the day, except when I'm travelling. That really hasn't changed. I did not notice being in a low reception area. In fact, I was getting 3 to full bars most of the time and either on wifi, 4g or lte. Nothing out of the ordinary.

The only thing that I've downloaded is Skype and Waze. I never even launched Waze. I did launch Skype to walk a family member through something but then closed it. I've since deleted both apps to see if it'll make a difference. So far today, I'm down to 78% with light use (~5-8 texts and a few minutes on the browser). It shouldn't be draining that fast, IMHO. At the gym this morning, it drained 8% in 40 minutes of total idle time (I was running on the treadmill while the phone sat undisturbed on the counter).
    06-10-13 01:06 PM
    It started two days after install (I'm on day 4 or 5). I'm on wifi most of the day, except when I'm travelling. That really hasn't changed. I did not notice being in a low reception area. In fact, I was getting 3 to full bars most of the time and either on wifi, 4g or lte. Nothing out of the ordinary.

The only thing that I've downloaded is Skype and Waze. I never even launched Waze. I did launch Skype to walk a family member through something but then closed it. I've since deleted both apps to see if it'll make a difference. So far today, I'm down to 78% with light use (~5-8 texts and a few minutes on the browser). It shouldn't be draining that fast, IMHO. At the gym this morning, it drained 8% in 40 minutes of total idle time (I was running on the treadmill while the phone sat undisturbed on the counter).
    Assuming that it is not Waze or Skype, I would suggest trying without encryption and seeing if the battery drain improves. If it does, the update is broken. If it is no change it is either and app or the radio - it might be using more power to latch on to a weak signal.
    06-10-13 01:38 PM
    This should NOT be the case, however I have noticed that is something goes wrong somewhere along the OS installation this manifests itself in higher battery drain when the device is encrypted. (Specifically in my case, this was dragging all upgrade files into Sachibar at once - one should install the radio and OS core first, then the remainder.)
    I don't encrypt my BlackBerry's so shouldn't have a problem. Did you try 'debrick' mode in sachup so you only get the OS and radio file as two downloads?

06-10-13 02:14 PM
    I don't encrypt my BlackBerry's so shouldn't have a problem. Did you try 'debrick' mode in sachup so you only get the OS and radio file as two downloads?

The debrick files are old .
    The answer for the upgrade is to install the OS and radio first, let the phone reboot and then install the rest. After that encryption is fine. And yes, I. Encrypt the phone just to be sure - the card is unencrypted and only contains non private data.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 02:31 PM
    This is by far the version I have used. Great battery life and stability. I have tried the last four or five leaks. So if you are looking for a leak to jump on, this is it.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 03:51 PM
    Assuming that it is not Waze or Skype, I would suggest trying without encryption and seeing if the battery drain improves. If it does, the update is broken. If it is no change it is either and app or the radio - it might be using more power to latch on to a weak signal.
    I can't use in unencrypted mode bc my work account pushes a policy that forces encryption.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 04:41 PM
    When and which method did you use to install 2354 ?
    Autoloader.

Never tried sachibar method ever..

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 05:44 PM
    I can't use in unencrypted mode bc my work account pushes a policy that forces encryption.

Posted via CB10
    I tested idling with mobile only tonight and got less use than you did.
    However when something was wrong with my OS install I used more energy - in fact had a similar profile to you.

I would spontaneously guess that it might be a case of something wrong with the install unless it is one if the apps BUT short of trying to backup, reinstall and maybe even removing apps and monitoring, there is no way to be sure.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 01:01 AM
    1880 or 2354? I am going to try another leak!! The 2342 wasn't so great. Also, I have a STL100-3 Is there anything I need to do while downloading a leak? Or does that leak work for all of the model? 2/3/4
    Last edited by aming63; 06-11-13 at 05:35 PM.
    06-11-13 05:21 PM
    2354 would be my vote.

Posted via CB10
    aming63 likes this.
    06-11-13 05:51 PM
    Hey everybody I just switched from OS 2342 to 2354.
    2342 was working great but I was having an issue with WhatsApp freezing.
    So far so good with 2354 but I did notice that it is a bit slower/lags compared to the 2342. And my contacts aren't automatically linking to my Facebook contacts for some reason. Twitter yes but not Facebook... very strange.

What do you guys think ?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:10 PM
    Been using this leak since it was leaked and now all of a sudden my mms isn't working anymore. It was working fine , sent about 20 pictures but not anymore ....should I flash a different radio?
    06-11-13 08:38 PM
    Been using this leak since it was leaked and now all of a sudden my mms isn't working anymore. It was working fine , sent about 20 pictures but not anymore ....should I flash a different radio?
    Network connection error, just play with airplane mode a few times should get it back

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 08:57 PM
    Network connection error, just play with airplane mode a few times should get it back

Posted via CB10
    Shoot I just pm you my bad. Thanks Kris
    06-11-13 09:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately I don't think that's what it was. I've tried it several times but no luck. Anything else I can try?
    06-11-13 09:24 PM
    Unfortunately I don't think that's what it was. I've tried it several times but no luck. Anything else I can try?
    Last option is a security wipe, but it may happen again it does it to me on 10.2 thankfully I use bbm and Whatsapp for MMS

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:37 PM
    Last option is a security wipe, but it may happen again it does it to me on 10.2 thankfully I use bbm and Whatsapp for MMS

Posted via CB10
    Could I just flash a new radio? I don't have the whatsapp option or bbm cuz the gf doesn't have bb and doesn't have whatsapp either
    06-11-13 09:39 PM
    Could I just flash a new radio? I don't have the whatsapp option or bbm cuz the gf doesn't have bb and doesn't have whatsapp either
    Flashing a new radio didn't fix it for me when I tried long ago, it might work

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 10:01 PM
1,251 ... 4546474849 ...