07-04-13 12:39 PM
1,251 ... 4041424344 ...
tools
    See if you can CREATE a new SMS. If so deleting the old messages should work.

If not then you have a problem; you might also try turning off (if on) the conversational mode (as opposed to message mode); the issue is the indexing in the SMS subsystem. I got nailed by this coming from the "bad" leak and was unable to resolve it without security wiping and reloading, in that order -- a wipe alone didn't fix it!
    I can't create a new message
    In the process of a security wipe right now. I hope that will take care of it bc I can't run autoloader from my virtual machine. Will report back in a bit.
    06-04-13 08:05 PM
    Hope you can clear it without an autoloader.... I gave up once I damaged enough of my data (e.g. old texts, etc) that it didn't matter if I flushed the data or not.
    06-04-13 08:12 PM
    Hope you can clear it without an autoloader.... I gave up once I damaged enough of my data (e.g. old texts, etc) that it didn't matter if I flushed the data or not.
    Drat. It didn't work. Security wiped but still can't compose. Do you think using sachibar to reload will work?
    06-04-13 08:20 PM
    Delete all open SMS convos I've read that works. Hopefully someone can confirm

Posted via CB10
    This is what fixed my Texts looking like mms after I updated.

I opened txt list and did a delete prior from the top. Rebooted and all was well.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 08:40 PM
    Drat. It didn't work. Security wiped but still can't compose. Do you think using sachibar to reload will work?
    Well, reloading the OS via sachibar did not fix the issue sadly. I'm going to try autoloader using wine on Linux. Not sure how that will pan out but what have I to lose.
    06-04-13 09:00 PM
    I ended up having to do that (autoloader) to clear it when it happened to me....
    06-04-13 09:12 PM
    I ended up having to do that (autoloader) to clear it when it happened to me....
    Autoloader using Wine on Linux failed. I guess I'll go back to my iphone till I can get my hands on a windows machine to use.
    06-04-13 09:21 PM
    I wonder if a BART/PE image would work to run the autoloader? I might have to try that ... would make for an easy bootable solution for anyone with an Intel-based machine as BART will run on anything that CAN run Windows.
    06-04-13 09:26 PM
    I wonder if a BART/PE image would work to run the autoloader? I might have to try that ... would make for an easy bootable solution for anyone with an Intel-based machine as BART will run on anything that CAN run Windows.
    I have an intel based MacBook Pro. I don't know what BART/PE is. I really need to load up windows on my Mac but can't bc I packed all my DVDs (we are moving soon) so can't burn an ISO image. Blah.
    06-04-13 09:39 PM
    Two really warm, and six hour max battery days.
    10.1.0.2354 Autoloader for STL100-2//3/4-img_00000770.png

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 09:55 PM
    Autoloader using Wine on Linux failed. I guess I'll go back to my iphone till I can get my hands on a windows machine to use.
    well why not use virtualbox or any other virtual machine to run windows on Linux
    06-04-13 10:15 PM
    well why not use virtualbox or any other virtual machine to run windows on Linux
    Or sachup/sachibar for Linux

Posted via CB10 on my B@d@ss Z10
    06-04-13 11:10 PM
    If you cannot compose text messages, loading the upgrade files from Sachibar works.

I had it happen to me...

Reload via Link/web update, no SMS... use debrick via Sachibar, no SMS - add in upgrade files, SMS are back .
    (I have the software release too)

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 01:00 AM
    Or sachup/sachibar for Linux

Tried sachibar on Linux. It errored out.
    06-05-13 05:17 AM
    Hrm..... that sux.

06-05-13 07:54 AM
    64 bit and QT installed?
    (both part of the requirements)

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 08:16 AM
    64 bit and QT installed?
    (both part of the requirements)

Posted via CB10

Yep. Error when I ran Sachibar. Sachup worked fine. Made me sad. I posted the error in the Sachibar thread.
    06-05-13 09:33 AM
    Yep. Error when I ran Sachibar. Sachup worked fine. Made me sad. I posted the error in the Sachibar thread.
    Hmm....

I have SUSE at home, so I could try... if in have the energy.
    Let's hope the developer gets back to you .

On a side note, it is not something stupid like a kissing library by any chance?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 10:03 AM
    I just borrowed a friend's Windows machine. When I try to load via autoloader, I get the message "Could not connect to Blackberry Device Manager"?
    06-05-13 10:08 AM
    I just borrowed a friend's Windows machine. When I try to load via autoloader, I get the message "Could not connect to Blackberry Device Manager"?
    You might need to install it first - BlackBerry has its own special driver and manger for full functionality. Connecting the phone, ope. The folder and then go one folder deeper - install all except Link and try again. (there should ( three executables in the folder)

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 10:24 AM
    Ok so after about a week of everything working fine I can't use my browser. All of my apps work as normal but in the browser Google.com takes 60-90 seconds to load and most pages just error with the no connection error. Yet Slacker works fine. I have rebooted and I've done the power button reset. Has anyone seen this or any ideas? I'm on Verizon with 4bars of 4G LTE.

Posted via CB10

I've also clear history and cookies in browser.
    06-05-13 10:36 AM
    Ok so after about a week of everything working fine I can't use my browser. All of my apps work as normal but in the browser Google.com takes 60-90 seconds to load and most pages just error with the no connection error. Yet Slacker works fine. I have rebooted and I've done the power button reset. Has anyone seen this or any ideas? I'm on Verizon with 4bars of 4G LTE.

Posted via CB10

I've also clear history and cookies in browser.
    Hmm,try installing an updated browser via Sachibar?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 10:45 AM
    I used sachibar to update to the latest version and it was successful. Now the problem is that my device is not being detected by bb link, i can't do a backup or restore as both options are locked.

What do i do? i tried re-installing bb link but to no avail. I think i have to try the last resort by secure wiping my phone and see how it goes.
    Last edited by g2gcya; 06-05-13 at 11:30 AM.
    06-05-13 10:54 AM
    You might need to install it first - BlackBerry has its own special driver and manger for full functionality. Connecting the phone, ope. The folder and then go one folder deeper - install all except Link and try again. (there should ( three executables in the folder)

Posted via CB10
    I did that and it worked. Thanks! My phone is now updated via autoloader and I'm preforming the post-autoloader security wipe now. Hopefully, everything will come up running and I will be able to compose SMS. Thanks all! This is a great community.
    06-05-13 11:13 AM
    Looking for answers, and have not been able to find this issue. Was running the 2009 OS. Everything worked except phone started rebooting on charger/bedside mode. Satchibared the 2354 full OS, reboots went away (yea) but phone began to drop any and all calls. After I did a radio flash, soft bricked my phone
    Did an autoload of 2354 and restore I then flashed radio to 1917. Still dropping calls. Anyone else dealing with this? Im running 100-4 on Verizon. Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this question.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 11:53 AM
1,251 ... 4041424344 ...