07-04-13 12:39 PM
1,251 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    All is well but I've lost a few BBM groups.
    06-04-13 11:31 AM
    I'm on VZW and not having a problem with dropped calls. Admittedly I haven't had many 3+ minute calls the past few days, but I'm sitting at home on Wi-Fi and just had a 13 minute call with no issues.
    Did you make or receive the call?
    Made the call.

Right after posting, I received a call that lasted 12 minutes. Again, at home while on Wi-Fi.
    Last edited by Foppa_21; 06-04-13 at 11:50 AM.
    06-04-13 11:34 AM
    Z10 STL100-2 2354 + Radio File 1917 , Carrier H3G Italy

Start today at 00:00 , 3g always connected, one work email, one personal email, whatsapp, wifi/nfc/gps/bt off, screen rotation off.
    Received about 30 calls for a total of 45 min, 27 mails, many whatsapp chat, browse internet for about 15minutes
    Impressive. I should try a 3G-only day to see how my Z10 responds. LTE does seem to be quite the juice sucker. Will try that tomorrow.
    06-04-13 11:58 AM
    So you saying I shouldn't use debrick option? Just use update then?
    No, I'm saying it doesn't matter. Debrick is just all the other files rolled up into one so CAP can flash it, since CAP cannot flash something that isn't a ".signed" file -- and then can only handle a limited number of them (I think the limit is six but for practical reasons it's two -- an OS and a radio)

CAP is basically a "rescue" format that makes possible "cold loading" a phone over the USB port that is otherwise unable to start normally. BlackBerry appears to have enough protected storage on these devices that the ugly scenario which comes into play with some other devices (cough-Samsung-COUGH!) under certain circumstances where the boot loader can get trashed, requiring a JTAG setup to fix, appears not to exist with these phones. That's GOOD and I suspect LINK uses this methodology for its recovery - that is likely why the DEBRICK files exist on the BB carrier server that Sachup queries.

The reason the update format exists is that OTA there's no reason to transfer parts of the system that have not been updated. This benefits both the customer (takes less time to send the update) and the carrier (takes fewer resources in the form of bandwidth to transfer the update.)

The way BB does updates OTA is very cool and economical in terms of transfer volume, which should encourage carriers to release more of them. Having to send a 1.5 gigabyte file to EVERY user of a given device to update it certainly would give ME pause as a carrier! If, on the other hand, only 150MB of data actually changed from release to release then I only have to send 1/10th as much and that makes me (as a carrier) far more likely to be willing to push incremental improvements.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    06-04-13 12:39 PM
    Made the call.

Right after posting, I received a call that lasted 12 minutes. Again, at home while on Wi-Fi.
    Well the good news is, I have not dropped a made or received call today. WIFI or not..so maybe the radio has settled.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 12:58 PM
    Security wipe solves that

Posted via CB10
    I did the backup install wipe restore and overnight i lost lte and mms......

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 01:43 PM
    After flashing a radio from .2009 to the .2354 OS, the Z10 bricked. I had used Sachibar to load the .2354 OS and was told that this may cause a soft brick. My phone had been running almost perfectly with 2354. However it developed a severe case of dropping calls. These were calls that were made to me, (i was on WiFi) and the calls would drop within 30 seconds to 1 min. in. I had eliminated my one source of frustration with the 2009 OS which was the nighttime bedside mode charger rebooting issue but had to try to rid the phone of dropping calls. I have reloaded the 2354 by auto loader this time. Before I attempt to run the backup from link, I did a security wipe. Now should I try to flash the radio again before I setup my apps, accounts, or do any kind of restore? Its a lot of trouble to get everything back only to have to repeat it.
    06-04-13 01:44 PM
    I did the backup install wipe restore and overnight i lost lte and mms......

Posted via CB10
    Yea this OS doesn't seem to keep network tech terminology, I lost MMS over the weekend before going to 4285, but I don't use MMS so I don't mind lol

Posted via CB10
    Norg likes this.
    06-04-13 01:56 PM
    No, I'm saying it doesn't matter. Debrick is just all the other files rolled up into one so CAP can flash it, since CAP cannot flash something that isn't a ".signed" file -- and then can only handle a limited number of them (I think the limit is six but for practical reasons it's two -- an OS and a radio)

CAP is basically a "rescue" format that makes possible "cold loading" a phone over the USB port that is otherwise unable to start normally. BlackBerry appears to have enough protected storage on these devices that the ugly scenario which comes into play with some other devices (cough-Samsung-COUGH!) under certain circumstances where the boot loader can get trashed, requiring a JTAG setup to fix, appears not to exist with these phones. That's GOOD and I suspect LINK uses this methodology for its recovery - that is likely why the DEBRICK files exist on the BB carrier server that Sachup queries.

The reason the update format exists is that OTA there's no reason to transfer parts of the system that have not been updated. This benefits both the customer (takes less time to send the update) and the carrier (takes fewer resources in the form of bandwidth to transfer the update.)

The way BB does updates OTA is very cool and economical in terms of transfer volume, which should encourage carriers to release more of them. Having to send a 1.5 gigabyte file to EVERY user of a given device to update it certainly would give ME pause as a carrier! If, on the other hand, only 150MB of data actually changed from release to release then I only have to send 1/10th as much and that makes me (as a carrier) far more likely to be willing to push incremental improvements.
    Thanks for the explanation. I will try the debrick method tonight. My sdcard is encrypted due to work policy pushed down when I sync with my work email. Will that be an issue?
    06-04-13 01:59 PM
    It won't if the update works. It WILL if it fails; if you are forced to wipe the device for any reason you're screwed as the SD card key will be unrecoverably lost.

I would decrypt that card before doing this -- just in case.
    06-04-13 02:00 PM
    Yea this OS doesn't seem to keep network tech terminology, I lost MMS over the weekend before going to 4285, but I don't use MMS so I don't mind lol

Posted via CB10
    No MMS problems here and I use it VERY heavily.
    06-04-13 02:01 PM
    I don't even know if my MMS doesn't work because I don't even use that feature.

So I hope another update comes out that fixes it for others who use MMS.

I'm loving this leaked OS. For me, it's definitely better than official 10.1!
    06-04-13 02:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. So flashing a different radio won't help?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 02:11 PM
    It won't if the update works. It WILL if it fails; if you are forced to wipe the device for any reason you're screwed as the SD card key will be unrecoverably lost.

I would decrypt that card before doing this -- just in case.
    I had issues decrypting the card last night. I even deleted my work acct and it didn't work.
    06-04-13 02:13 PM
    Yuck. I had my card encrypted for a while but when I started screwing around with leaks I decrypted it as I didn't want the risk of forgetting and having the data go "poof" on me.
    eblueoshop likes this.
    06-04-13 03:05 PM
    My MMS is working fine. Battery still isn't top notch but I am getting 12 hours with above average use. It's getting better every day.

Posted via CB10 on a sexy Z10
    06-04-13 03:07 PM
    I threw the 1917 radio over this I'm a Verizon customer went from 5 hrs a day battery drain to 9hrs today so it's getting better. I'm a power user 5 email accounts bbm groups all day Blaq all day huge amounts of web browsing constant phone calls throughout the day. Hope this post helps If your thinking of trying the combo.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 05:32 PM
    Yuck. I had my card encrypted for a while but when I started screwing around with leaks I decrypted it as I didn't want the risk of forgetting and having the data go "poof" on me.
    Yea. Nothing I can do bc of the policy. I'm going to give sachibar a go tonight. So far, win 8 virtual has locked up on me twice and Linux had errored out running sachibar. Grrrr.
    06-04-13 05:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Did I read correctly, 4285 !! What's up with that??

Posted via CB10 with my STL100-3 OS version .2354 on AT&T
    06-04-13 06:31 PM
    Did I read correctly, 4285 !! What's up with that??

Posted via CB10 with my STL100-3 OS version .2354 on AT&T
    You did but had to revert back due to a phone call bug

Posted via CB10
    castano22 likes this.
    06-04-13 06:39 PM
    FINALLY got my phone to updated to 2354 via Sachibar. I'm coming from stock AT&T OS. After loading, the About screen says I'm still on software release of 10.0.10.116. But the OS Version says it's 10.1.0.2354 and Radio is 10.1.0.2355. Why is the Software Release inaccurate?

In addition, the pointers to my SMS seems to be messed up because I can't click into any of the messages. Is there a away to fix that without using autoloader? I don't mind wiping but since I'm doing it from a virtual machine, it's not letting me use autoloader.

Any help would be appreciated.
    06-04-13 07:24 PM
    Tour software info is wrong because that method doesn't erase the previous OS's meta data so there for shows the old OS software version rather than the new one or the "Information not Available" that a autoloader presents

Posted via CB10
    eyecrispy likes this.
    06-04-13 07:34 PM
    Tour software info is wrong because that method doesn't erase the previous OS's meta data so there for shows the old OS software version rather than the new one or the "Information not Available" that a autoloader presents

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, Kris. Any idea how I can fix the SMS issue? would a security wipe take care of it? Or is there a less intrusive method?
    06-04-13 07:37 PM
    Thanks, Kris. Any idea how I can fix the SMS issue? would a security wipe take care of it? Or is there a less intrusive method?
    Delete all open SMS convos I've read that works. Hopefully someone can confirm

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 07:46 PM
    See if you can CREATE a new SMS. If so deleting the old messages should work.

If not then you have a problem; you might also try turning off (if on) the conversational mode (as opposed to message mode); the issue is the indexing in the SMS subsystem. I got nailed by this coming from the "bad" leak and was unable to resolve it without security wiping and reloading, in that order -- a wipe alone didn't fix it!
    eyecrispy likes this.
    06-04-13 08:01 PM
1,251 ... 3940414243 ...