07-04-13 12:39 PM
1,251 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    Did you use the autoloader? Did you restore from backup or start from scratch?
    I did not restore a backup this time. I found that in previous builds, when I restored, I had the issue with the contacts app and phone app having different arts of contacts. So, this time I decided to just go commando and start over.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 06:11 PM
    Have you tried clearing the learned words? I had a similar issue on .2342 until I cleared the learned words. Now I think it is much better than 10.0

Posted via CB10
    I did, without improvement. I decided to install the latest leak and do a security wipe to be on the safe side. Hopefully it improves things. I really do miss the aggressiveness option though.
    06-03-13 06:13 PM
    Upgraded via sachibar yesterday. Swapped a fresh battery at 6:15pm. It's now 7:10:08 PM
    Attachment 168036

Maybe I'll try that security wipe when I get home....

Posted via CB10
    On ATT stl-3. According to battery guru it's a good battery, right?
    10.1.0.2354 Autoloader for STL100-2//3/4-img_00000983.png

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 06:13 PM
    Help, did my first leak install using autoloader. Everything went fine until I did the security wipe. It's now stuck with a picture of a sim card and a rotating circle. Did I do something wrong or does it just take a long time to reboot after security wipe
    Was sim encrypted?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 06:17 PM
    On a VZ 100-4 here too. Are you still happy with this leak? Thanks!

Posted via CB10 with Z10 (STL100-4)
    06-03-13 06:20 PM
    People should remember too, that battery life wasn't anywhere near where it should be until a week or so of use when we first got the phone. That may be in large part due to the brand new battery, but the battery life does tend to get better as you use the phone even this far into the game.
    If you have horrible battery life, that's another thing, and a security wipe usually makes a difference. Just give it some time before you pass judgment on the battery performance.

Posted via CB10 on a sexy Z10
    Well I had excellent battery life out the gate with .1710 and with .2354 I can pretty much watch it tick down every couple of minutes with nothing running. Another example first night with .1710 I left it off the charger idling for 6 hours... I lost 12% battery life. This morning when I did the exact samething I had lost 52% of my battery life. This is also the first time I had to do a security wipe as well.
    06-03-13 06:25 PM
    Battery on this build seems a fair bit better than 2342, especially off wifi. Here's my Battery Guru chart for today. Off the charger just before 7am and off wifi all day. Was on LTE until I got home just now. Medium-light usage. BBM, WhatsApp, FourSquare, BT connected for about an hour, no phone calls, twitter (Blaq), AccuWeather, some BB Maps briefly while driving to a location, a few SMSs. Only one active frame (Battery Guru).
    Attached Thumbnails 10.1.0.2354 Autoloader for STL100-2//3/4-tn_img_20130573.png  
    stevepar likes this.
    06-03-13 06:41 PM
    On a VZ 100-4 here too. Are you still happy with this leak? Thanks!

Posted via CB10 with Z10 (STL100-4)
    I have a verizon Z-10 as well. I autoloaded 2342 and and battery life was horrible. I waited couple days for my phone to settle in syncing with all accounts but battery was still bad. I autoloaded 2354 3 days ago and battery life was def better than 2342. Still im not getting the battery life Im used to. I'd rather have 10.0 than 10.1 if battery difference is huge. I'm def going to restore factory settings and wait for the verizon 10.1 update........whenever that is............................
    06-03-13 07:13 PM
    Just loaded up fine with autoloader on USA T-Mo 100-3. So far all seems well after wiping then loading backup. Already seems to be working much better than .1880
    06-03-13 08:54 PM
    @ckroboth wifi was always "on" but wasn't connected while I dropped a call while driving. The phone was connected to the car radio through BT though.

Posted with my Verizon Z10
    06-03-13 08:56 PM
    @ckroboth wifi was always "on" but wasn't connected while I dropped a call while driving. The phone was connected to the car radio through BT though.

Posted with my Verizon Z10
    Thanks for the reply. Mine drops when I am connected to WIFI. Something else I notice it is only when I receive calls.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 09:01 PM
    Do you have anything running? Like battery guru or an alarm? It wont charge to 100% if you do, I turn off all notifications in bedside mode and it will charge to 100%, but wont if I have the alarm set or batt. Guru running

Posted via CB10
    I have guru and it charges up to 100%

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 10:14 PM
    I did, without improvement. I decided to install the latest leak and do a security wipe to be on the safe side. Hopefully it improves things. I really do miss the aggressiveness option though.
    I agree that the new keyboard loses corrections when you type a non-alpha character after the incorrect word (such as ) or !). This behaviour is not right in my opinion and differs from 10.0 which kept the correction after typing one of those characters.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 11:28 PM
    I'm on VZW and not having a problem with dropped calls. Admittedly I haven't had many 3+ minute calls the past few days, but I'm sitting at home on Wi-Fi and just had a 13 minute call with no issues.
    06-03-13 11:41 PM
    After the last reload I cannot view or wrote SMS - deleting them did not help, did I get hit by the mms bug?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 03:24 AM
    I'm on VZW and not having a problem with dropped calls. Admittedly I haven't had many 3+ minute calls the past few days, but I'm sitting at home on Wi-Fi and just had a 13 minute call with no issues.
    Did you make or receive the call?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 04:19 AM
    Stl100-2 running 2354 with the 2355 radio file. Virgin UK. Currently standing at %43 battery after 27 hours lite use idling over night. No calls, several emails, BBM, WhatsApp and browsing especially cb. Well pleased

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 05:20 AM
    Tried to load using sachibar last night and it didn't work. Downloaded all files as it instructed in the OP. Then loaded them and all was well loading when it just suddenly stopped with no error but sachibar said usb not connected.

I was doing this on a Linux machine running win 8 on a virtual. I used Update setting as it said in OP. It download like 134 bars.

After it suddenly stopped, the phone seemed fine, but still on stock ATT OS.

What did I do wrong?
    06-04-13 06:06 AM
    Tried to load using sachibar last night and it didn't work. Downloaded all files as it instructed in the OP. Then loaded them and all was well loading when it just suddenly stopped with no error but sachibar said usb not connected.

I was doing this on a Linux machine running win 8 on a virtual. I used Update setting as it said in OP. It download like 134 bars.

After it suddenly stopped, the phone seemed fine, but still on stock ATT OS.

What did I do wrong?
    Nothing, just a flaky connection.
    Happens - for whatever reason, even on Windows directly.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 06:55 AM
    16 hours off charge and just had the 20% left battery warning.
    I like this build

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 07:07 AM
    Nothing, just a flaky connection.
    Happens - for whatever reason, even on Windows directly.

Posted via CB10
    So none of the new bars that were 100% complete stayed when the connection flaked out. Why's that?

Also, should I have used debrick instead of update? Not sure what the difference is. I just wanted to do it in a non intrusive manner.
    06-04-13 08:20 AM
    So none of the new bars that were 100% complete stayed when the connection flaked out. Why's that?

Also, should I have used debrick instead of update? Not sure what the difference is. I just wanted to do it in a non intrusive manner.
    Alternatively it does not boot fully - seemed to have happened to me. Depends what and how much was sent - plus, the bars are components of the OS - short of checking you got update components (e.g. Text nesaages) without updating the actual OS.

The debrick consists of two files - radio and everything else. I think the debrick is more stable to load BUT for the Romanian version the browser is older than in the updates.

I need to fiddle with again as my text messages broke...

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 10:05 AM
    Because none of them actually load until the phone reboots. This is NECESSARY because you CANNOT update a running executable without crashing it for obvious reasons as the instructions are being read from the file while it is running.

If a file is self-contained (no external references) you can unlink it and then write the same name; Unix-like systems will keep the old blocks allocated until the last referring file handle is closed and then de-allocate the space. The problem comes about when you have multiple files that are interdependent -- if you allow that to happen you'll blow things up for sure if only part of them get transferred.

So what is usually done is that the new update is put on the device but not active. When the system boots before it comes up the initialization process moves the new files into place before starting them. As such a failed update attempt in fact changes nothing -- it's "all or none." This is why the first boot after an update takes so long -- it is actually putting the files in place.
    Debrick just rolls all the constituent components up into one package. The reason to NOT do that for an OTA update is that there is no reason to send down a unchanged file, and if each component is versioned then you need only send the ones that change.
    06-04-13 10:20 AM
    Z10 STL100-2 2354 + Radio File 1917 , Carrier H3G Italy

Start today at 00:00 , 3g always connected, one work email, one personal email, whatsapp, wifi/nfc/gps/bt off, screen rotation off.
    Received about 30 calls for a total of 45 min, 27 mails, many whatsapp chat, browse internet for about 15minutes
    Attached Thumbnails 10.1.0.2354 Autoloader for STL100-2//3/4-img_00000001.jpg   10.1.0.2354 Autoloader for STL100-2//3/4-img_00000002.jpg  
    06-04-13 10:55 AM
    Because none of them actually load until the phone reboots. This is NECESSARY because you CANNOT update a running executable without crashing it for obvious reasons as the instructions are being read from the file while it is running.

If a file is self-contained (no external references) you can unlink it and then write the same name; Unix-like systems will keep the old blocks allocated until the last referring file handle is closed and then de-allocate the space. The problem comes about when you have multiple files that are interdependent -- if you allow that to happen you'll blow things up for sure if only part of them get transferred.

So what is usually done is that the new update is put on the device but not active. When the system boots before it comes up the initialization process moves the new files into place before starting them. As such a failed update attempt in fact changes nothing -- it's "all or none." This is why the first boot after an update takes so long -- it is actually putting the files in place.

Debrick just rolls all the constituent components up into one package. The reason to NOT do that for an OTA update is that there is no reason to send down a unchanged file, and if each component is versioned then you need only send the ones that change.
    So you saying I shouldn't use debrick option? Just use update then?
    06-04-13 11:23 AM
1,251 ... 3839404142 ...