07-04-13 01:39 PM
1,251 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    This has been by far the best OS I have run on my STL100-3 on AT&T. Battery life is amazing. Yesterday, albeit being a light-use Sunday, I still had 50% of my battery after 18 hours. I did a full wipe, install and followed with another security wipe. The only issue is that sometimes when I switch from Wi-Fi to LTE, or vice versa, my browser hangs up and won't load anything. It is intermittent, and indiscriminate, so hard to pinpoint whether it is a phone issue or network issue. I do know it has happened enough times in enough places to make it more than random. Overall, however, it is not enough for me to change to a different build.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-03-13 09:09 AM
    What's the main differences? Speed?

Posted via CB10
    I find the 10.1 keyboard faster and far more accurate than 10.0 with the auto correct or whatever it's called and the amazing ability to anticipate the correct word. Maybe I'm just too predictable in what I write. :-) The other surprise for me is that my typing is faster and more accurate than with my previous 9810 with the physical keyboard. I almost waited for a Q10 but am glad I didn't.

Overall, the Z10 is pretty amazing. It beats the iPhone by a mile for the things I use it for.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 09:09 AM
    This has been by far the best OS I have run on my STL100-3 on AT&T. Battery life is amazing. Yesterday, albeit being a light-use Sunday, I still had 50% of my battery after 18 hours. I did a full wipe, install and followed with another security wipe. The only issue is that sometimes when I switch from Wi-Fi to LTE, or vice versa, my browser hangs up and won't load anything. It is intermittent, and indiscriminate, so hard to pinpoint whether it is a phone issue or network issue. I do know it has happened enough times in enough places to make it more than random. Overall, however, it is not enough for me to change to a different build.
    Did you use the autoloader? Did you restore from backup or start from scratch?
    06-03-13 09:25 AM
    I've had this happen on several builds, not just this one. It also seems to happen when switching from one WiFi site to another.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 09:47 AM
    I have found, and this has been corroborated by many CB users on multiple threads, that the 10.1 spell checker is less accurate than that in 10.0 and even does ridiculous stuff like auto-replacing valid words with gobbledygook when hitting the space bar. It also doesn't correct words followed by certain characters (like parenthesis) anymore.

The aggressive / moderate / etc. auto correct option is gone too.

I have a 10.0 and 10.1 device here right now and I'm very disappointed in the 10.1 keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried clearing the learned words? I had a similar issue on .2342 until I cleared the learned words. Now I think it is much better than 10.0

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 10:46 AM
    I find the 10.1 keyboard faster and far more accurate than 10.0 with the auto correct or whatever it's called and the amazing ability to anticipate the correct word. Maybe I'm just too predictable in what I write. :-) The other surprise for me is that my typing is faster and more accurate than with my previous 9810 with the physical keyboard. I almost waited for a Q10 but am glad I didn't.

Overall, the Z10 is pretty amazing. It beats the iPhone by a mile for the things I use it for.

Posted via CB10
    I second this statement about the keyboard however I'd still go with the Q just cause I love the feel of the device

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 10:50 AM
    I'm in my third day on this leak, battery life is good for me.

But the Facebook group notification doesn't show in Hub.

Anyone experiencing this?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 11:00 AM
    I second this statement about the keyboard however I'd still go with the Q just cause I love the feel of the device

Posted via CB10
    Agree, having had BBs for so many years, but I would sacrifice the feel of the Q10 for the larger screen of the Z10.
    06-03-13 12:03 PM
    Bizzare thing happened to me :

One night after I installed via Sachibar, my Mobile Network options turned to Network Technology (usually it's Network Mode). However, I did a wipe yesterday and it (obviously went back) to Network Mode as I have to install the old BB10 build going all the way to this build via upgade.

Any ideas if how can I get that Network Technology menu (LTE, HSPA+/UMTS...) back instead of the Network Mode (4G, H+/3G... )
    06-03-13 12:28 PM
    9.5 hours only 45% battery use. Happy with that!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 12:36 PM
    Hey. I have a question. If i do back up and upload new version and then i will do restore, my contacts not gonna disappear???
    06-03-13 12:44 PM
    9.5 hours only 45% battery use. Happy with that!
    Interestingly, I get about the same with moderate use but I find myself wondering if ~ 5% drainage per hour is "normal".

Agree, having had BBs for so many years, but I would sacrifice the feel of the Q10 for the larger screen of the Z10.
    That's blasphemy
    06-03-13 12:55 PM
    Bizzare thing happened to me :

One night after I installed via Sachibar, my Mobile Network options turned to Network Technology (usually it's Network Mode). However, I did a wipe yesterday and it (obviously went back) to Network Mode as I have to install the old BB10 build going all the way to this build via upgade.

Any ideas if how can I get that Network Technology menu (LTE, HSPA+/UMTS...) back instead of the Network Mode (4G, H+/3G... )
    Unless you want MMS problems you don't want that other terminology back.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 01:04 PM
    So I am having serious battery issues with this new build

1- battery life is terrible

10.1.0.2354 Autoloader for STL100-2//3/4-img_00000295.png
    For the most part I was not using my phone at all this morning and have dropped over 60 percent in a few hours and for some reason the phone is randomly consuming on average up to 2 or more watts in spikes as you can see

2- I have also seen it be very good take a look at this from a couple days ago with the same apps running (guru and hub++)

10.1.0.2354 Autoloader for STL100-2//3/4-img_00000296.png
    That's more of how I expect this to work, but them right after that the battery went berserk, and drained rapidly and heated ip to 55 deg C!!! And killed the phone dead!

I replaced the battery with my spare one and no improvement

3- I'm also getting this problem here where I have the phone on the charger and it charges to 100% then the charging aglorhythm ramps down and stops charging, with no apps running the battery drains all by itself and the charging algorhythm does not compensate.

10.1.0.2354 Autoloader for STL100-2//3/4-img_00000297.png

Is any one else having this issue with this build? Any issues with certain apps? Radio files maybe?

Other than the battery in this build it has been running great

Frustrated

From the Zed of Rockivy
    Krash_Kart likes this.
    06-03-13 01:08 PM
    That's blasphemy
    I was hoping BBRY would come out with a slider, and maybe they will in time. I really loved the 9810 for the year and a half I had one, although the keyboard wasn't as good as the 9900, which I would have gotten originally (again, a small screen, but on that series it didn't matter all that much) if AT&T had come out with it sooner. The Bold 9000 was great in terms of the keyboard--it should go into the BBRY Hall of Fame.
    06-03-13 01:11 PM
    Related to the leak thread how?

From the Zed of Rockivy
    06-03-13 01:15 PM
    Interestingly, I get about the same with moderate use but I find myself wondering if ~ 5% drainage per hour is "normal".

That's blasphemy
    I've lost over 20% since my last post - #hatetrains

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 01:16 PM
    I would love ~5%!!!

Mine can be ~20% with little use!!!

From the Zed of Rockivy
    06-03-13 01:20 PM
    By the way I used the autoloader technique, backing up and restoring my files with bblink.

I did not do a security wipe, but from what I understand that occurs automatically when using the autoloader as it installs a fresh OS.

Should I load the last official from blink then autoload the phone and then restore my files?

From the Zed of Rockivy
    06-03-13 01:22 PM
    By the way I used the autoloader technique, backing up and restoring my files with bblink.

I did not do a security wipe, but from what I understand that occurs automatically when using the autoloader as it installs a fresh OS.

Should I load the last official from blink then autoload the phone and then restore my files?

From the Zed of Rockivy
    A autoloader isn't a security wipe because I can start a loader with a password enabled device and when the device boots with the new OS the password is still there

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 01:25 PM
    I will try it with a wipe then

Backup phone
    Wipe phone
    Install with autoloader
    Restart phone
    Restore phone
    Restart phone
    Wait for sync

I will see if that sequence works

From the Zed of Rockivy
    06-03-13 01:34 PM
    Wipe after autoloader

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 01:37 PM
    See now that's what I love about this forum.

Thanks will change that

From the Zed of Rockivy
    06-03-13 01:42 PM
    So I am having serious battery issues with this new build

1- battery life is terrible

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000295.png 
Views:	902 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	167893
    For the most part I was not using my phone at all this morning and have dropped over 60 percent in a few hours and for some reason the phone is randomly consuming on average up to 2 or more watts in spikes as you can see

2- I have also seen it be very good take a look at this from a couple days ago with the same apps running (guru and hub++)

Name:	IMG_00000296.png 
Views:	902 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	167895
    That's more of how I expect this to work, but them right after that the battery went berserk, and drained rapidly and heated ip to 55 deg C!!! And killed the phone dead!

I replaced the battery with my spare one and no improvement

3- I'm also getting this problem here where I have the phone on the charger and it charges to 100% then the charging aglorhythm ramps down and stops charging, with no apps running the battery drains all by itself and the charging algorhythm does not compensate.

Name:	IMG_00000297.png 
Views:	901 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	167900

Is any one else having this issue with this build? Any issues with certain apps? Radio files maybe?

Other than the battery in this build it has been running great

Frustrated

From the Zed of Rockivy
    Android apps from the store or sideloads can behave strange on your cpu or memory. I have a playbook and i know that some apps are totaly use cpu lot or just stay hanging in the memory
    06-03-13 01:42 PM
    Related to the leak thread how?

From the Zed of Rockivy
    We're just bored in between leaks.
    06-03-13 01:47 PM
1,251 ... 3637383940 ...