07-04-13 01:39 PM
1,251 ... 3536373839 ...
tools
    Here is my situation: my sdcard is encrypted because it is a forced policy at work. If I use Sanchibar to upgrade to this leak, will I need to decrypt the card? Or will using this method allow for me to bypass all that? I'd really like to do it in the least intrusive way, if possible.
    06-02-13 09:31 PM
    So I installed this update with sachibar and after getting the mms issues and Kris's post of doing a security wipe, I've gotta say first the mms issue is gone but the phone feels so much snappier. Hopefully I'll see some good battery life as well...was finding my battery life lacking and not getting me through the day prior to the security wipe.

Posted via CB10
    akavbb likes this.
    06-02-13 10:12 PM
    Here is my situation: my sdcard is encrypted because it is a forced policy at work. If I use Sanchibar to upgrade to this leak, will I need to decrypt the card? Or will using this method allow for me to bypass all that? I'd really like to do it in the least intrusive way, if possible.
    IF you don't run into compatibility problems it will be fine.

The problem is that if you do you're screwed.

I would NOT run an update of ANY sort, OTA, Sachibar or otherwise -- with an encrypted media card. You're just begging to get hosed.
    06-02-13 10:25 PM
    Last night's standby with wifi on 1917 radio. Think this is the best I had so far.

10.1.0.2354 Autoloader for STL100-2//3/4-img_00000022.png

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-02-13 10:52 PM
    IF you don't run into compatibility problems it will be fine.

The problem is that if you do you're screwed.

I would NOT run an update of ANY sort, OTA, Sachibar or otherwise -- with an encrypted media card. You're just begging to get hosed.
    What if I backup my sdcard first just in case?
    06-02-13 10:54 PM
    So, I've just had what appears to be another random reboot. By coincidence, I went to unlock my device to check the time and nothing was happening, but then the red LED came on and the boot screen started. Guess I'll have to revert to the official OS tomorrow to see if that fixes it, although the issue always seems to take a couple days to show up. It's a damn shame, the official OS had more animation stutter and bugs, but I need to get these random reboots sorted.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:27 PM
    Here's my battery usage today. Admittedly a light day. A few emails, few texts, some web browsing and a few phone calls. I was home on wi-fi all day, with the exception of just under two hours from 19:15 to 21:00. As you can see, about a 30% drop in 12 hours. Not too bad.

Last edited by Foppa_21; 06-03-13 at 10:08 AM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-02-13 11:50 PM
    Does .2354 fix the spell check regression in 10.1 (up to and including .2348)?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:54 PM
    Does .2354 fix the spell check regression in 10.1 (up to and including .2348)?

Posted via CB10
    Details?

Posted via CB10 on my B@d@ss Z10
    06-02-13 11:57 PM
    Details?

Posted via CB10 on my B@d@ss Z10
    I have found, and this has been corroborated by many CB users on multiple threads, that the 10.1 spell checker is less accurate than that in 10.0 and even does ridiculous stuff like auto-replacing valid words with gobbledygook when hitting the space bar. It also doesn't correct words followed by certain characters (like parenthesis) anymore.

The aggressive / moderate / etc. auto correct option is gone too.

I have a 10.0 and 10.1 device here right now and I'm very disappointed in the 10.1 keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 12:22 AM
    This version runs perfectly for me.. Aside from my calls getting disconnected over and over. Does anyone else on Verizon have this update and having these issues as well? Same thing happened with the 2342 leak. Really wish my calls worked, this version is perfect otherwise /:
    06-03-13 12:25 AM
    I personally find the 10.1 keyboard 100x better than the 10.0 keyboard

Posted via CB10
    Sator and yellowhammer like this.
    06-03-13 12:26 AM
    Is this for Zed or Q? I've been looking through and I'm confused. And if it's for Zed can someone post a working link for a Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.1756. I also use autoloader. Not familiar with the other method

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 12:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 12:41 AM
    Is this for Zed or Q? I've been looking through and I'm confused. And if it's for Zed can someone post a working link for a Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.1756. I also use autoloader. Not familiar with the other method

Posted via CB10
    This is for all Z10s except for the STL100-1, that's in the other thread. Your STL100-4 can use the autoloader in the first post like normal, which is newer than. 1756, anyway.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 12:47 AM
    And if your looking for the radio file for 1756 just get it from my radio thread

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 12:55 AM
    This version runs perfectly for me.. Aside from my calls getting disconnected over and over. Does anyone else on Verizon have this update and having these issues as well? Same thing happened with the 2342 leak. Really wish my calls worked, this version is perfect otherwise /:
    I've been having this too, though I assumed it was just my phone and not the software. Was going to actually call Verizon for a replacement, but was holding out until there was some sort of official update from them... because this started for me with the 2009 leak. I'm using the radio files from that version as well... but I'm pretty sure it happened using the radio files from this leak.

My reboots seem to have gone away with this update, so at this point the problems that I'm still dealing with are as follows.
    1) Disconnects, usually about two to three minutes into a call. Sometimes longer, sometimes almost immediately.
    2) If I use the contacts app to find a person to send a text message to, the message is addressed to their phone number rather than their name in the blue bubble... This somehow seems to lead to all conversations becoming MMS conversations. Minor annoyance avoided by just going to the TXT app and hitting compose, and starting to type the name of the person.

Other than that, my phone is finally not rebooting it seems, and performance is fine. Battery life is totally acceptable, instagram is running great, and though I know there is a wipe and revert and all that in my future when Verizon finally releases an update, I'm finally feeling like I can just use my phone and not stalk this page for leaks and all that nonsense.
    06-03-13 01:40 AM
    Is it possible to downgrade os back to factory after installing leaked OS, I am currently having problems with my BBhub not showing ?
    06-03-13 05:36 AM
    Is it possible to downgrade os back to factory after installing leaked OS, I am currently having problems with my BBhub not showing ?
    Reload with BB Link, BUT that loses your data and you possibly won't be able to restore.
    06-03-13 07:08 AM
    First, no reboots thus far. At all.

HOWEVER, I did run into an odd power management problem. The phone began identifying ALL chargers as low-rate, even those that are definitely NOT (the Playbook charger, for example.)

In addition it appears that Angry Birds Star Wars leaves something running or scrambles something in the Android runtime, as the phone never went back to idle mode after my kid played it for a while.

Between these two situations I rebooted manually.

Stability-wise however, that's it for my list of gripes after the entire weekend. 2354/1917 radio, loaded by going back to carrier base, wiping, using Sachibar to update and then manually reloading my apps and configuration. The 2355 radio works fine but has very high (~4x or more than normal!) standby battery consumption.
    06-03-13 07:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    What's the main differences? Speed?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 07:56 AM
    I've been having this too, though I assumed it was just my phone and not the software. Was going to actually call Verizon for a replacement, but was holding out until there was some sort of official update from them... because this started for me with the 2009 leak. I'm using the radio files from that version as well... but I'm pretty sure it happened using the radio files from this leak.

My reboots seem to have gone away with this update, so at this point the problems that I'm still dealing with are as follows.
    1) Disconnects, usually about two to three minutes into a call. Sometimes longer, sometimes almost immediately.
    2) If I use the contacts app to find a person to send a text message to, the message is addressed to their phone number rather than their name in the blue bubble... This somehow seems to lead to all conversations becoming MMS conversations. Minor annoyance avoided by just going to the TXT app and hitting compose, and starting to type the name of the person.

Other than that, my phone is finally not rebooting it seems, and performance is fine. Battery life is totally acceptable, instagram is running great, and though I know there is a wipe and revert and all that in my future when Verizon finally releases an update, I'm finally feeling like I can just use my phone and not stalk this page for leaks and all that nonsense.
    I have the same issue with disconnects. I thing I have narrowed down that the disconnects happen when my phone is connected to WIFI.

On the TXT messaging, I just did a DELETE PRIOR in the TXT Message List, and rebooted. That cleared up the TXT/MMS issues for me. Yeah you loose all old Text messages.. For me no big deal.
    06-03-13 08:05 AM
    Kit cuiiouuyuiukulokjhii G

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:11 AM
    On. 2354 on my Verizon 100-4, and just completed the 2nd overnight bedside mode recharge since loading the new OS via Sachibar methods. No reboots, no mms issues. Running smooth as can be. I'm also using the radio that comes with. 2354. But now I'm wondering if Verizon finally issues an update /upgrade would it be a lower version? And should I just keep trucking with this one?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:52 AM
    Number one rule of troubleshooting, never assume... I restored Settings and Apps from .2342 and everything is running perfectly since upgrading to .2354 on Friday morning.
    Restoring settings from 2342 seem to be hit-and-miss for some as far as the MMS problem is concerned. As I understand it, the suggestion to avoid restoring from 2342 is more preventitive than it is an absolute. So far, it seemed to have worked for most.
    06-03-13 09:03 AM
1,251 ... 3536373839 ...