07-04-13 12:39 PM
1,251 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    okay i will do the install and then wipe..
    but actually i dont understand the purpose of wiping after installation, because after a new install, our system is already new,right?..please correct me
    As I understand it, the autoloader install doesn't always clean up all the "thrash", i.e. file fragmentation, from the previous OS. Wiping after installing the new OS removes third-party apps and user settings, effectively restoring the phone to factory condition.
    06-01-13 11:45 AM
    I'm happy to report on day 2 that my phone is finally running cool again..2342 did quite a number on my phone. Was burning through batteries after 5 hrs.

Today, after 14 hours of moderate usage of all functions I am still at 37%. This is by far the best result so far.

The OS is smooth and no issues with contacts in the phone app mot matching with the contacts app.

The only bug I found is with LinkedIn. If I try to delete msgs in the hub without opening the message first, it won't delete ; however, after opening the message I can delete it.

I'm running STL100-2 from Thailand.

Thks to all for the leak and keep up the great efforts!! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-01-13 11:49 AM
    Can't afford that liability with the title

Posted via CB10
    Fair play

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    06-01-13 11:49 AM
    When you guys are auto loading, security wiping, restoring, etc, are your sim and sdcards in the phone or out? Or does it even matter?
    06-01-13 12:16 PM
    OK so this is approx. the 3rd time I have posted since I got my Z10. No I don't post a lot but I try n read almost all of the posts, Anyways I posted with what maybe a simple question, page 29 regarding 4GLTE, but like the other posts, different subjects, I get no reply. Have I done something wrong or are my questions just not worth a response . I have been a longtime BB user and have always relied upon CB for awesome info .
    06-01-13 12:22 PM
    OK so this is approx. the 3rd time I have posted since I got my Z10. No I don't post a lot but I try n read almost all of the posts, Anyways I posted with what maybe a simple question, page 29 regarding 4GLTE, but like the other posts, different subjects, I get no reply. Have I done something wrong or are my questions just not worth a response . I have been a longtime BB user and have always relied upon CB for awesome info .
    I would just say your post got overlooked and if people use the BlackBerry 10 app then it is even easier to miss posts...

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 12:24 PM
    When you guys are auto loading, security wiping, restoring, etc, are your sim and sdcards in the phone or out? Or does it even matter?
    I leave the SIM and SD card in. No problems at all.

Posted via CB10
    eyecrispy likes this.
    06-01-13 12:24 PM
    Sorry I do not know the answer to your question.
    Here we do not have LTE yet.
    I believe though that it is region related and maybe you should talk to your carrier or maybe wait for Kris or Phill to give you an answer.
    06-01-13 12:38 PM
    Strange...

Attachment 167271

Running full .2354 and now my About screen is showing a Software Release number. That certainly wasn't there over the last couple of days.

Anyone else seeing this?
    This morning mine said no information available now it shows the Software release number. Did you figure out why?

10.1.0.2354 Autoloader for STL100-2//3/4-img_00000054.png

Posted via CB10 on my Sexy Z10 STL100-2 running OS 10.1.0.2354
    06-01-13 12:38 PM
    This morning mine said no information available now it shows the Software release number. Did you figure out why?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000054.png 
Views:	364 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	167384
    Noone knows yet.
    Mine did the same thing and initially I thought it was because I used the autoloader.
    Maybe it is because the carriers got the OS for release and they updated the info on our phones silently.
    06-01-13 12:40 PM
    Noone knows yet.
    Mine did the same thing and initially I thought it was because I used the autoloader.
    Maybe it is because the carriers got the OS for release and they updated the info on our phones silently.
    I used the upgrade method via Sachibar the security wiped. Everything's working great. No complaints from me.

06-01-13 12:47 PM
    What's your ? Again. I can't find it.

Posted from my awesome Z10 via cb10. My Channel pin http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    06-01-13 12:50 PM
    Okay, ran into a problem.
    Loaded 2354 via Sachup/Sachibar Update. Everything has been working perfectly since yesterday, so I decided to plug it in to do a backup using Link. Whenever I plug into the computer, the following screen pops up on my Z10 -
    10.1.0.2354 Autoloader for STL100-2//3/4-img_00000055.jpg
    The BB Device manager never finds my Z10, and the phone never shows up in Link, even after hitting "Dismiss" on that screen. Never saw anything like this before. I have restarted by my PC, and my Z10. Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

EDIT: Fixed - toggled setting on Z10 - System settings/Storage and Access/USB Connection. Changed it to "Connect to Windows". Always left it on Auto in the past, but just changed it to Windows and suddenly BB Device Manager found the phone and set it up with link.
    Last edited by jhimmel; 06-01-13 at 01:43 PM.
    06-01-13 01:02 PM
    Is anyone having issues with remote file access? In Link it's saying it has no bb10 devices registered to my BlackBerry ID but via BlackBerry Protect for example I can see and connect to my device.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    ESCON likes this.
    06-01-13 01:12 PM
    Is anyone having issues with remote file access? In Link it's saying it has no bb10 devices registered to my BlackBerry ID but via BlackBerry Protect for example I can see and connect to my device.
    In my case (see post above yours), Link sees my Z10 as a remote device registered to my BB ID, but my Z10 does not see any desktop associated with my BB ID (System Settings/Blackberry Link/Paired Computers is empty). I have logged out and in again from link. Also, USB connection is not working with Link, as per my post above.
    06-01-13 01:31 PM
    I found the battery life was trash and Battery Guru said that standby draw was around 0.4 watts. That's horrible. To try to remedy that I flashed JUST THE RADIO back to 1917.

This was successful (no brick) and now my standby draw is typically around 0.05 watts with higher spikes when emails and similar come in.

I'm on T-Mobile with a -3 device in an HSPA+ area.
    I had a similar experience with battery with my -3 device on Rogers in LTE area. Also getting 0.4-0.5 W draw on idle (not on wifi). Also flashed 1917 radio and withing 15 minutes draw was down to 0.1 or below (again, no wifi). 1917 radio so far seems to do the trick for me.
    06-01-13 02:08 PM
    In my case (see post above yours), Link sees my Z10 as a remote device registered to my BB ID, but my Z10 does not see any desktop associated with my BB ID (System Settings/Blackberry Link/Paired Computers is empty). I have logged out and in again from link. Also, USB connection is not working with Link, as per my post above.
    It's weird cause on my phone my PC shows as being paired. I have no issue using link except my phone doesn't show under remote file access no matter how many times I refresh devices.

So looks like we have slightly different issues.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 02:22 PM
    It's weird cause on my phone my PC shows as being paired. I have no issue using link except my phone doesn't show under remote file access no matter how many times I refresh devices.

So looks like we have slightly different issues.

Posted via CB10
    After I replaced the Sachibar upgrade with the autoloader upgrade File access via Link is gone too...

I suspect the issue is either on BlackBerry's end or maybe carriers were unhappy about that functionality? Who knows...
    Or it is just a simple bug .

What is curious, I downgraded to the latest official release right now and am planning to then use Sachibar to use the latest version via Vodafone Germany (downloading at current) - it still does not show up which is strange...

I would like to see it work again... well, lets see....
    06-01-13 02:28 PM
    Thanks Wigley 458, Ive been reading alot in the posts about 4GLTE being displayed and according to the posts , if Im reading them right , the phone should just display LTE and not 4GLTE ? Z10 is working fine no text/mms issues , no freezing, no dropped calls. Issue or not ?
    06-01-13 03:14 PM
    Thanks Wigley 458, Ive been reading alot in the posts about 4GLTE being displayed and according to the posts , if Im reading them right , the phone should just display LTE and not 4GLTE ? Z10 is working fine no text/mms issues , no freezing, no dropped calls. Issue or not ?
    Depends on your network. In Canada Rogers is LTE and Bell/Telus is 4GLTE

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 03:44 PM
    Posted via CB10 hi all. Loaded 2354 three days ago and all is well. After reading through these posts I'm a little confused. My 100-4 reads 4GLTE, No problems sending, receiving text or mms. I'm in a LTE plentiful locale. Is the 4GLTE wrong? Should it just be LTE or am I misreading posts. Thanks in advance. Oh ya loaded. 2354 via autoloader.
    I'm running a VZW -4 also. When I first installed .2354 and went out and about, it only seemed to connect at 3G. I changed the Mobile network settings to LTE/CDMA instead of Global and then it showed 4GLTE. I'm at home now and only have 3G available, so it's hard to test.

I just now put it back on Global and it showed 4GLTE at first, then 3G. As long as it's working, maybe the label can be wrong because this is not a Verizon Specific OS Version.
    06-01-13 04:05 PM
    My Problem with File Access is that I have to turn off Cellular Data Services and be on WiFi, then Remote File Access works.

I thought that the previous .2342 leak fixed this, but am not sure, the battery life was so bad, I didn't stay on it very long.
    06-01-13 04:09 PM
    I'm in California with a Verizon STL100-4 and in a strong LTE market and mine always shows 4GLTE unless I'm on WiFi. I also have mine set on LTE/CDMA and not Global. I am currently on Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.2354 and have run every leak so far and always showed 4GLTE.
    06-01-13 04:21 PM
    I like to know if any one with T-Mobile in the US or South Florida have been use this 10.1.0.2354 Autoloader for STL100-2//3/4 with no problem so far, my phone is a STL100-3 and is in the T-Mobile in South Florida area .
    I have the os 10.0.10.85 and I will like to know if some one is using the OS 10.1.0.2354 on a STL100-3 Phone. and the service provider is T-Mobile
    in South Florida.
    Thanks por any reply to this.
    I'm using this on Tmobile in Phoenix and seems to be working good so far. Os is still settling in so will report back later on battery life.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 04:32 PM
    My report so far....ran autoloader. 2354 with radio .1881 on a day using its seems I'm getting moderate battery usage...gonna let it settle in more until I decided if I go back to original 10.1.18xx with 10.1.1881 radio

Or I want to see if I can swap out radio file for. 1881 for .1917? Please let me know if I can do such a thing without having to reinstall autoloader and then radio?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 04:50 PM
1,251 ... 2930313233 ...