07-04-13 12:39 PM
1,251 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Very new to the forums here, but I attempted to do my due diligence and search for my issue but have yet to spot it. Considering my Z10 was working fine before and DIRECTLY after my upgrade from 10.0.10.(whatever T-Mobile was using) to 10.1.0.2354, I'm posting here... So, after my initial upgrade to 2354, I attempted a security wipe just to be cautious, even though it seemed to be working great. I'm not sure if I screwed the wipe up by hitting the top button during part of it, but after the security wipe, the device reverted back like I had just installed a new OS, going through the default demo again, not sure if that is normal as I have never performed a security wipe before. More importantly though, my USB connection with my PC is now in a continuous connecting/disconnecting loop. I cannot get Link to see it long enough to perform a reload that way. So now I'm stuck with a Z10 that has essentially no USB connectivity. Anyone have any direction for me?
    After a security wipe, you do have to go through the initial setup process like with a brand new device or after running an autoloader.
    Security wipe gets rid of all your settings, accounts, etc.
    That part sounds normal.

I've noticed that while you're going through setup, BlackBerry Device Manager will tell you that the device attached is not setup, so it makes sense you can't access it with Link during that time, I think.

If you can, finish the setup process and see if you can connect to Link after that.

If you can't get through setup, you might need to power down, then run the autoloader again (with Link closed) and then turn on your phone when the autoloader says "connecting to bootrom".
    Last edited by FuriousK; 05-31-13 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Double-Quoted for some reason
    airninja likes this.
    05-31-13 05:15 PM
    So far the battery is holding charge longer...

Posted via my sexy black STL100-4 running 10.1.0.2354
    05-31-13 05:30 PM
    The .2342 works great as long as I have the radio files from .2009

I believe is .1917

Works supper fast.

Posted via Z10 at&t
    05-31-13 05:33 PM
    After a security wipe, you do have to go through the initial setup process like with a brand new device or after running an autoloader.
    Security wipe gets rid of all your settings, accounts, etc.
    That part sounds normal.

I've noticed that while you're going through setup, BlackBerry Device Manager will tell you that the device attached is not setup, so it makes sense you can't access it with Link during that time, I think.

If you can, finish the setup process and see if you can connect to Link after that.

If you can't get through setup, you might need to power down, then run the autoloader again (with Link closed) and then turn on your phone when the autoloader says "connecting to bootrom".
    I can't get a good USB connection at all since my first security wipe. The phone is set up and acting normal otherwise, but USB connections will not settle down to be usable. Without a working USB connection, I'm not sure how much the autoloader will help...
    05-31-13 05:37 PM
    Have a problem with the sound on a ring tone, too low, main volume and ring on max....does someone else have this?
    05-31-13 05:38 PM
    Agreed, sound seems a little quiet. Might be our interpretation, though.

Z10-4 .2354 via CB10
    05-31-13 05:43 PM
    I can't get a good USB connection at all since my first security wipe. The phone is set up and acting normal otherwise, but USB connections will not settle down to be usable. Without a working USB connection, I'm not sure how much the autoloader will help...
    Dang.
    Shot in the dark, but do you have another microUSB cable you can try?
    I know with my old Torch I had one USB cable that I used every day to charge and the microUSB end got really flaky after so much use. To keep a stable connection, it needed to be in just so and then not move.

Also, might be worth rebooting your computer if you haven't in a bit.
    Sometimes my USB connections get wierd for no apparent reason, but a reboot clears it up.
    05-31-13 05:43 PM
    Dang.
    Shot in the dark, but do you have another microUSB cable you can try?
    I know with my old Torch I had one USB cable that I used every day to charge and the microUSB end got really flaky after so much use. To keep a stable connection, it needed to be in just so and then not move.

Also, might be worth rebooting your computer if you haven't in a bit.
    Sometimes my USB connections get wierd for no apparent reason, but a reboot clears it up.
    Yeah, I'm actually a network engineer so I've tried the standard IT troubleshooting stuff, but to no avail. I thought about another cable, but I don't have one on hand. It's just weird because the cable worked totally fine until that first wipe. Not eliminating the cable as suspect, it would just be very, very unlikely. I'm putting the phone through another security wipe right now. Do you know if during the wipe the phone powers down and waits for you to power it back on?

UPDATE: After 3 security wipes, it appears to be maintaining a stable USB connection now... that was some scary ****.
    Last edited by airninja; 05-31-13 at 06:06 PM.
    05-31-13 05:55 PM
    Yeah, I'm actually a network engineer so I've tried the standard IT troubleshooting stuff, but to no avail. I thought about another cable, but I don't have one on hand. It's just weird because the cable worked totally fine until that first wipe. Not eliminating the cable as suspect, it would just be very, very unlikely. I'm putting the phone through another security wipe right now. Do you know if during the wipe the phone powers down and waits for you to power it back on?
    OK, cool, didn't mean to offend or anything. Just throwing everything out there.

Yes, it powers down and waits. Doesn't reboot itself after the security wipe. At least that's been my experience every time.
    airninja likes this.
    05-31-13 06:02 PM
    Hmmm loaded Radio file from 1880 on this build and bricked my phone. What the? That was not expected... ugh... time to start over. Sigh...
    05-31-13 06:11 PM
    I think the radio is the most likely cause of the MMS/3G issue, so I wouldn't advise it. I could be wrong though.
    Thanks. Good point!
    I actually just started wondering about that after I typed it.

Nothing to loose right now, so I might have a go at just flashing the radio from 1880 or something over 2354 before completely going back to OS 2342 or earlier.
    Quick update.
    Flashed the 1881 Radio over 2354's radio.
    Nothing better immediately. Still showed 3G and trying to send MMS gave me "General Problems".

However, after the security wipe and a reboot, I'm showing 4G and am able to send an MMS.
    Not gonna feel super-trusting until say 30 or 40 reboots without problems.
    But for anyone else having trouble with the text/MMS issues or 4gLTE/3g being displayed instead of LTE/4g despite a security wipe, or those problems peskily coming back after a while,
    flashing an older radio file and doing a security wipe MIGHT help you out.

Hmmm loaded Radio file from 1880 on this build and bricked my phone. What the? That was not expected... ugh... time to start over. Sigh...
    Darn.
    I just had the 1880 radio go on ok for me.
    I used the autoloader from Kris's Radio File thread.
    You?
    05-31-13 06:15 PM
    No luck restoring mms on Vzw Z10. Tried everything including a reload. They show as sent but never show up on the other end. Everything else works great.
    05-31-13 06:35 PM
    just installed 2354 on my -2, no hiccups unlike other versions...
    05-31-13 06:46 PM
    Darn.
    You?
    Yeah, same here. Used the autoloader from Kris. Worked on 2342 but for some reason, this build did not like it. No idea why. Got the red blinking light... no worries. I've re-ran the autoloader, security wiped and got the LTE back. Am now in the process of restoring my BBLink backup. Then re-sideload everything... getting there.
    05-31-13 06:48 PM
    Used the Sachibar Update method on my VZ STL100-4. Nice! Thanks for these tools. All apps and settings retained, everything seems to be working. Did this update because the last leak (2342) seemed to have poor battery performance for me.
    05-31-13 07:21 PM
    Quick update.
    Flashed the 1881 Radio over 2354's radio.
    Nothing better immediately. Still showed 3G and trying to send MMS gave me "General Problems".

However, after the security wipe and a reboot, I'm showing 4G and am able to send an MMS.
    Not gonna feel super-trusting until say 30 or 40 reboots without problems.
    But for anyone else having trouble with the text/MMS issues or 4gLTE/3g being displayed instead of LTE/4g despite a security wipe, or those problems peskily coming back after a while,
    flashing an older radio file and doing a security wipe MIGHT help you out.

Darn.
    You?
    This is why I'm wondering if I should load only (via Sachup-Sachibar) the 2354 OS bar file, without loading the 2354 radio file, and keep the 1880 radio. Or do you have to load both files, then go back and reload an earlier radio?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 07:27 PM
    On this version, I can't play videos to their full length. It's starting to pass me off, also to note the battery heating up while charging is annoying now, did not have this issue with the previous leak, this version is a battery hog.

Posted via CB10
    Have you done a security wipe? Mine was acting weird until I did one. Maybe an unfounded theory but I think installing it, wiping it and then sticking it on the charger overnight has given it the time to index/sync/sort itself before I start messing with it. Each time I've followed that sequence it's run like a champ...

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 07:33 PM
    Mine is working great.

I think leaks stability depends on the sequence the phone has gone through. What I did in my belief is full proof, is this.

1. Do security wipe on current OS.

2. Brick phone.

3. Install factory OS using link.

4. Update to official 10.1 OTA(over the air)

5. Install 2354. This way you also get the AC3 feature carried over to the new leak.

Posted via CB10
    How do you do step 2? Remove battery > plug in > start wipe > remove power.

Posted from my Z10 STL100-3 runming 10.xx.2354 on Rogers?
    Last edited by PD in T-DOT; 05-31-13 at 07:51 PM.
    05-31-13 07:37 PM
    How do you do step 2? Remove battery > plug in > start wipe > remove power.
    No. Run an OS autoloader, then disconnect the USB as the files start to install to your phone. This will soft-brick your phone.
    05-31-13 07:49 PM
    No. Run an OS autoloader, then disconnect the USB as the files start to install to your phone. This will soft-brick your phone.

Thanks.

It appears to me at least that the method suggested by vagorous seems somewhat less complicated than what was described by tickerguy, both achieving the same result. (tickerguy's post recently added to the sticky).

Posted from my Z10 STL100-3 running 10.xx.2354 on Rogers
    05-31-13 08:02 PM
    same question can we get answerd please....
    05-31-13 08:24 PM
    This is why I'm wondering if I should load only (via Sachup-Sachibar) the 2354 OS bar file, without loading the 2354 radio file, and keep the 1880 radio. Or do you have to load both files, then go back and reload an earlier radio?
    I'm pretty sure you can Shachibar with 2354 OS and 1880 Radio at the same time.
    I'm going to give it a shot anyway, and if it doesn't work I'll let you know.
    I think this is the last thing I'll try before going back to 2342!

Latest update from me after using the 1880 radio autoloader, security wipe, reboot and things looking ok:
    I did a couple more reboots and on the one where I removed the SIM, booted without the SIM, and rebooted with it back in,
    I'm back to having the 3G instead of 4G showing and "General Problems" trying to send MMS.
    The SIM thing seems to force the issue for me. Better to know now than waiting a few more reboots and having it pop up.
    05-31-13 09:13 PM
    First, I wanted to say thanks for the suggestions.

I'm not in an LTE area, just outside London, ON on Rogers, but one thing I have noticed is that on one side of my house I almost always get 4g, anywhere else 3g.
    Anyway, if I disable wireless and check my connection, I can pretty much tell if I'm going to have text or mms problems if I see 3g in the 4g area. (Also, at one point when this was happening I drove into town and did indeed see 4gLTE instead of just LTE)

What I tried yesterday was this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...5/#post8570592
    Used Sachup to get 10.0.9.348
    Then went to carrier OTA 10.1.0.273 (1720 I think)
    Then Sachibared the Debrick Files for 10.1.0.2312 (2354)
    Security Wipes at the suggested times, maybe a few extra for good measure.
    No luck.
    Didn't have the "General Problems" trying to send MMS.
    No, now I simply was getting that flash trying to even open a compose window for texts.
    Again, no help from a security wipe.
    (I've also tried shutting down, removing battery, holding power button to discharge power,
    and holding the power button during reboot until the blue BB logo comes up.)

So, as a last resort I gave it a shot with Kris's autoloader.
    (Had a time where I was getting "Temporarily Unavailable" for it at Mega yesterday afternoon, but it did download later last night.)
    I know it should not have worked any different!
    But it did!
    Everything seemed absolutely fine.
    Even before the security wipe, I was showing 4g, and could compose and send MMS messages.
    Must have done 5 reboots with it fine each time.
    Restored my apps and media from BB Link (no Settings). Still fine.
    Updated apps from BB world and a few more reboots. Fine.

Then it happened.
    Another Reboot, disabled wireless and saw the dreaded 3g.
    Tried to send an MMS message. "General Problems".

No point in trying another security wipe because I'm convinced even if that works, after a few reboots the problem will return.

There is something with this version that just doesn't agree with my phone.

Back to 2342 I think...

Anyone think there might be a benefit trying the radio from 2354 with OS 2342?
    Hardware issue trust me sell Verizon and see it all the time on stock OS swap phone and its fixed. Maybe once in a blue Moon software might fix it but doubt it reading the all the posts. And again I've Swapped phones out for customer and no more problems.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:20 PM
    Hello, just updated to .2354, I get notification for Text Messages in HUB, but when i click the message it does not open....... Which is the best Radio file with this version??

Battery also seems very bad.

Kindly help.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.2354, Vodafone, India
    Last edited by sdgandhi; 05-31-13 at 09:37 PM.
    05-31-13 09:21 PM
    This is what battery life has been like since I set the OS in. By 20:00, i was watching YouTube and constant bbm/whatsapp/fb
    10.1.0.2354 Autoloader for STL100-2//3/4-img_00000267.png

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:22 PM
1,251 ... 2526272829 ...