07-04-13 12:39 PM
1,251 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    It works for me on .2342 without any wipes. So I'm interesting about .2354
    My MMS worked perfectly on .2342 but is giving me General Problems on .2354. Weirdly, it actually worked the first full day but started giving that error on the second and multiple reboots haven't fixed it. I have a Verizon STL100-4 and did the sachup/sachibar method to avoid losing all my settings so I'm loathe to do the security wipe to fix but probably will tomorrow. There doesn't seem to be much of a difference between this and. 2342 for me, though, so if it's working for you I'd suggest just keeping that...

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 02:14 PM
    Two evenings ago, i used the autoloaded and upgraded to 2354. I missed the step of doing the security wipe, and noticed horrible battery performance yesterday (which i have been experienced since i got the phone). Last night i did the security wipe and reset my accounts up, and did not install any applications other than battery guru. I am happy to report that after 6 hours of operation i am at 82%. This time yesterday (again only with the battery guru application loaded) i was at 30%. Will try loading application tomorrow to see what that will do to my applications.

My config - STL100-3, i have facebook, twitter, linked in setup, along with a work and home email. The work is Active Sync on a 2010 exchange server, and the mail is an IMAP based account. The only application download as i mentioned before is Battery Guru.
    05-31-13 02:27 PM
    Mine is working great.

I think leaks stability depends on the sequence the phone has gone through. What I did in my belief is full proof, is this.

1. Do security wipe on current OS.

2. Brick phone.

3. Install factory OS using link.

4. Update to official 10.1 OTA(over the air)

5. Install 2354. This way you also get the AC3 feature carried over to the new leak.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 02:35 PM
    damn, ran the 1917 radio downgrade, then booted up phone, OTA upgrade notified of a 28MB update and it goes back to 2355 radio grrr! Don't bother with hybrid if you have the OS as your official pushed down by your carriers
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-31-13 02:43 PM
    Mine is working great.

I think leaks stability depends on the sequence the phone has gone through. What I did in my belief is full proof, is this.

1. Do security wipe on current OS.

2. Brick phone.

3. Install factory OS using link.

4. Update to official 10.1 OTA(over the air)

5. Install 2354. This way you also get the AC3 feature carried over to the new leak.
    1, 2, 3 & 4 are not necessary. Just use the debrick method to install, then security wipe.

AC3 formats have always played for me on leaked and official OS versions, with or without restoring settings. I strongly believe this is a country/carrier permission issue, and nothing to do with leaked or official OS releases.
    05-31-13 02:47 PM
    FYI, I tried to upload the radio files from the exe I downloaded and the phone got bricked.
    I had to reload, run the .2354 Exe and finally restore.
    Now I don't have the some pictures stored by the camera to the device and who knows what else...

After the radio update the phone got stuck (black screen) and orange led got blinking.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 02:54 PM
    FYI, I tried to upload the radio files from the exe I downloaded and the phone got bricked.
    I had to reload, run the .2354 Exe and finally restore.
    Now I don't have the some pictures stored by the camera to the device and who knows what else...

After the radio update the phone got stuck (black screen) and orange led got blinking.

Posted via CB10
    Which radio file did you download? How did you try to install it?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 03:03 PM
    Which radio file did you download? How did you try to install it?

Posted via CB10
    Hello Kris.
    The file was "Z101917RadSTL100-2_3_4.exe".
    I just ran it.

I have two questions,
    a) Why do I have Release number now? (via Sachup it didn't show)
    and b) how do I set the phone to store the two button snapshots to the sd card instead of the phone? (all other photos are stored in the card)

Thank you.
    05-31-13 03:16 PM
    1, 2, 3 & 4 are not necessary. Just use the debrick method to install, then security wipe.

AC3 formats have always played for me on leaked and official OS versions, with or without restoring settings. I strongly believe this is a country/carrier permission issue, and nothing to do with leaked or official OS releases.

Dunno what method you speak of. Security wipe before bricking the phone is probably unnecessary but I'm just doing it for good measure.

The AC3 works in certain circumstances. I don't think it is due to carrier. The way it will work is by going through the official 10.1. Whatever you do after that should still carry over the feature.

If you went from factory OS, then straight into a leak, you won't get AC3. There is a whole thread on this.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 03:19 PM
    This has been the best version for my Verizon -4 model, I did a autoloader, then a security wipe and then manually setup my accounts and apps and it's running the best it ever has. 2342 was garbage on my -4 model, keep freezing and crashing and acting slow
    Good to hear. Finally got rid of the random reboots with 2342 on my 100-4 and am loath to take the chance on this new one. Might pass though...I'm getting the impression the reboots are several different problems depending on the personality of one's device.
    05-31-13 03:19 PM
    If you went from factory OS, then straight into a leak, you won't get AC3. There is a whole thread on this.
    I did exactly that, and AC3 works fine. That's why I questioned your method.

I've read that thread, and I'm still not convinced.
    05-31-13 03:26 PM
    I experienced the same thing. Coming from 2342, used the autoloader for 2354, did a security wipe after autoloader was done. All looked good, on Rogers, showed LTE, I didn't restore anything, started manually adding my accounts/apps. I rebooted and I get the 4GLTE, MMS doesn't work, APN is also not greyed out. Rebooted again, same thing 4GLTE, MMS doesn't work, APN unlocked. Did a security wipe again, back to LTE, MMS works, APN is now greyed out. Rebooted right away, came back 4GLTE, etc. So I used Sachup, chose Debrick, loaded 2354 that way, did a security wipe and now I have LTE. Rebooted, still have LTE. Start manually adding my accounts/apps, rebooted, still have LTE, thank god!

Give the Sachup debrick and then security wipe a try. Try rebooting after that a few times to make sure that the initial LTE doesn't go to 4GLTE after the reboot. I don't know about restoring anything, I didn't, I guess you can always try restoring a backup, hopefully it doesn't muck it up.

Good luck.
    First, I wanted to say thanks for the suggestions.

I'm not in an LTE area, just outside London, ON on Rogers, but one thing I have noticed is that on one side of my house I almost always get 4g, anywhere else 3g.
    Anyway, if I disable wireless and check my connection, I can pretty much tell if I'm going to have text or mms problems if I see 3g in the 4g area. (Also, at one point when this was happening I drove into town and did indeed see 4gLTE instead of just LTE)

What I tried yesterday was this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...5/#post8570592
    Used Sachup to get 10.0.9.348
    Then went to carrier OTA 10.1.0.273 (1720 I think)
    Then Sachibared the Debrick Files for 10.1.0.2312 (2354)
    Security Wipes at the suggested times, maybe a few extra for good measure.
    No luck.
    Didn't have the "General Problems" trying to send MMS.
    No, now I simply was getting that flash trying to even open a compose window for texts.
    Again, no help from a security wipe.
    (I've also tried shutting down, removing battery, holding power button to discharge power,
    and holding the power button during reboot until the blue BB logo comes up.)

So, as a last resort I gave it a shot with Kris's autoloader.
    (Had a time where I was getting "Temporarily Unavailable" for it at Mega yesterday afternoon, but it did download later last night.)
    I know it should not have worked any different!
    But it did!
    Everything seemed absolutely fine.
    Even before the security wipe, I was showing 4g, and could compose and send MMS messages.
    Must have done 5 reboots with it fine each time.
    Restored my apps and media from BB Link (no Settings). Still fine.
    Updated apps from BB world and a few more reboots. Fine.

Then it happened.
    Another Reboot, disabled wireless and saw the dreaded 3g.
    Tried to send an MMS message. "General Problems".

No point in trying another security wipe because I'm convinced even if that works, after a few reboots the problem will return.

There is something with this version that just doesn't agree with my phone.

Back to 2342 I think...

Anyone think there might be a benefit trying the radio from 2354 with OS 2342?
    Last edited by FuriousK; 05-31-13 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Radio question
    05-31-13 03:39 PM
    I did exactly that, and AC3 works fine. That's why I questioned your method.

I've read that thread, and I'm still not convinced.
    Probably depends on what OS you started off with.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 03:42 PM
    Kris,

As previously stated here, I still have 1880 and radio 1881.

Would it make sense just to load in the 2354 bar file and /not/ load in the 22 mb 2355 radio bar file, that is, leave my radio at 1881? I could then load the 1971 radio file (the .exe file) later, which I assume is a non-destructive process, if necessary.
    05-31-13 03:57 PM
    Aw man. I've got the MMS/4GLTE issue... used the Sachup/Sachibar/Upgrade method... frig. Security wipe it is I guess... bah.
    05-31-13 03:58 PM
    First, I wanted to say thanks for the suggestions.

I'm not in an LTE area, just outside London, ON on Rogers, but one thing I have noticed is that on one side of my house I almost always get 4g, anywhere else 3g.
    Anyway, if I disable wireless and check my connection, I can pretty much tell if I'm going to have text or mms problems if I see 3g in the 4g area. (Also, at one point when this was happening I drove into town and did indeed see 4gLTE instead of just LTE)

What I tried yesterday was this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...5/#post8570592
    Used Sachup to get 10.0.9.348
    Then went to carrier OTA 10.1.0.273 (1720 I think)
    Then Sachibared the Debrick Files for 10.1.0.2312 (2354)
    Security Wipes at the suggested times, maybe a few extra for good measure.
    No luck.
    Didn't have the "General Problems" trying to send MMS.
    No, now I simply was getting that flash trying to even open a compose window for texts.
    Again, no help from a security wipe.
    (I've also tried shutting down, removing battery, holding power button to discharge power,
    and holding the power button during reboot until the blue BB logo comes up.)

So, as a last resort I gave it a shot with Kris's autoloader.
    (Had a time where I was getting "Temporarily Unavailable" for it at Mega yesterday afternoon, but it did download later last night.)
    I know it should not have worked any different!
    But it did!
    Everything seemed absolutely fine.
    Even before the security wipe, I was showing 4g, and could compose and send MMS messages.
    Must have done 5 reboots with it fine each time.
    Restored my apps and media from BB Link (no Settings). Still fine.
    Updated apps from BB world and a few more reboots. Fine.

Then it happened.
    Another Reboot, disabled wireless and saw the dreaded 3g.
    Tried to send an MMS message. "General Problems".

No point in trying another security wipe because I'm convinced even if that works, after a few reboots the problem will return.

There is something with this version that just doesn't agree with my phone.

Back to 2342 I think...

Glad to see my loader worked for a bit lol

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 03:58 PM
    No more leaks till tomorrow please Didn't have my Windows netbook today, so I used my Mac, Parallels 8, Windows 8 and Sachibar to "upgrade" then did a security wipe because of Network / APN issue, setup all email accounts, downloaded and setup all apps.

Thanks to all the people who make this possible.
    05-31-13 04:07 PM
    upgrade via Sachibar, all well, took a while and first reboot took long but happy that I dont have to sync my 7 email accounts and 6000+ contacts again because that always takes the whole night.

actually fixed my problem with BB link. Now I can see the folders on my Z10

On STL100-2 Proximus Belgacom Mobile (Belgium)
    05-31-13 04:15 PM
    I think the radio is the most likely cause of the MMS/3G issue, so I wouldn't advise it. I could be wrong though.
    05-31-13 04:15 PM
    Glad to see my loader worked for a bit lol
    Haha, I know.
    I had really hoped the other way would work, but when it didn't (and since I had succeeded in getting yours downloaded finally), I thought what the hell!

Then I really thought it was strange it actually did work, because I know it really shouldn't have!

At least I found out the problem apparently is going to come back no matter what before I set up all my accounts!
    05-31-13 04:17 PM
    I think the radio is the most likely cause of the MMS/3G issue, so I wouldn't advise it. I could be wrong though.
    Thanks. Good point!
    I actually just started wondering about that after I typed it.

Nothing to loose right now, so I might have a go at just flashing the radio from 1880 or something over 2354 before completely going back to OS 2342 or earlier.
    05-31-13 04:19 PM
    A few observations I've noticed on my STL 100-4 with the official Romanian OS, 10.1.0.2354.

(I did zap my Z with Sacha in update mode.)

First was, I can finally see my APN settings icon. None of the other leaked or official OS's I've installed had ever shown this setting.

The other is a setting for Preferred on the right next to APN. (If pressed)

Something else I've noticed was I can now access Internet Tethering and Mobile Hotspot. (I have no plan with VZW for this.)
    I wish I knew what you did. I initially installed this on my 100-4 with the first autoloader in the thread, and it all went fine. I was happy. Then I saw your post, and the thought of being happier got to me. So I went in and grabbed the same files you used: Romania, Orange, 100-2. Used Sachibar and loaded them, rebooted, and --- nothing. No options. maybe it's because I was already on the same release level.. :/

So before I downgrade, security wipe, reload and try Sachibar again... tell me: can you select any options that lets you run without LTE? And switch it off and on at will? I'd really prefer to just idle around on 3G/1XEV and switch LTE on when I want it on.

If that's not an option for you, I won't bother messing up a perfectly good install. Thanks ;-)

(I realize I can go in to the engineering screens and change these things, but that's a royal pain in the arse and just not worth it for switching back and forth.)
    Last edited by eninrebmun; 05-31-13 at 04:46 PM. Reason: formatting issues
    05-31-13 04:33 PM
    Very new to the forums here, but I attempted to do my due diligence and search for my issue but have yet to spot it. Considering my Z10 was working fine before and DIRECTLY after my upgrade from 10.0.10.(whatever T-Mobile was using) to 10.1.0.2354, I'm posting here... So, after my initial upgrade to 2354, I attempted a security wipe just to be cautious, even though it seemed to be working great. I'm not sure if I screwed the wipe up by hitting the top button during part of it, but after the security wipe, the device reverted back like I had just installed a new OS, going through the default demo again, not sure if that is normal as I have never performed a security wipe before. More importantly though, my USB connection with my PC is now in a continuous connecting/disconnecting loop. I cannot get Link to see it long enough to perform a reload that way. So now I'm stuck with a Z10 that has essentially no USB connectivity. Anyone have any direction for me?
    05-31-13 04:48 PM
    Security wipe fixed my heat and battery drain. On Rogers stl-3, LTE for.most of the say. Light usage, back home on WiFi. Off the charger just before 6 am, 12 hours later this is my graph...

10.1.0.2354 Autoloader for STL100-2//3/4-img_00001252.png

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:04 PM
    On this version, I can't play videos to their full length. It's starting to pass me off, also to note the battery heating up while charging is annoying now, did not have this issue with the previous leak, this version is a battery hog.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:09 PM
1,251 ... 2425262728 ...