Some of the users (including me) got into troubles after disabling some Android processes via the Ghost Commander. Sideloading another runtime doesn't fix it, because the settings are saved separately in the app data, so you'd normally have to wipe your phone.

Guess what? You don't have to...well at least if you have a trigger finger like Clint Eastwood

The tutorial itself:
    OK, after messing with your processes you probably have about 5 seconds before the runtime crashes. Luckily enough the Ghost Commander remembers your last position, so if you were in the Applications section, it should load the list of Android apps. Now you have to be quick, but you should be able to enable one process at a time before the runtime crashes. There are different ways to do that, but the fastest of them all is by holding your finger on the process you want to enable, then clicking "Manage" and hitting the "Enable" button ASAP. You need a lot of patience and wait for the runtime to load before the next shot (you get the Clint Eastwood joke now? ), but this way you can re-enable the processes until you find the one that's been causing the crashes.

Now the best part is a little hint: I figured out that crashes on my runtime were most likely caused by the "Contacts" (the android, not the native one) or "Contacts Storage" process. After enabling the mentioned processes my runtime stopped crashing. It may be different in your case, but try these two right off to spare the time.

Hope this helps, anyway the lesson is - don't mess with stuff you don't fully understand
    Tutorial: How to fix crashing Android runtime (The Clint Eastwood method)-clint-eastwood_edit2.jpg
    Last edited by Ruslan Botsyurko; 09-16-13 at 05:29 AM.
    pvphooman, Cranky and Jonneh like this.
    09-16-13 05:18 AM
    Awesome. Thanks for sharing

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:56 AM
    Lol. I tried this method but it was so hard and frustrating to wait for the runtime to reload after each crash...
    I wasn't quick enough!

Another good suggestion is to backup app data before you mess with anything.

Someone should compile a list of what is safe to disable...but huge props for that cause it would take a really long time of trial and error.

So far I've found I could disable PICOTTS, live wallpapers and bubbles with no crash.

- aBBuser on CB10 - never forget the squircle.
    09-16-13 07:09 PM
    Duplicated..
    09-16-13 07:10 PM
    Lol. I tried this method but it was so hard and frustrating to wait for the runtime to reload after each crash...
    I wasn't quick enough!

Another good suggestion is to backup app data before you mess with anything.

Someone should compile a list of what is safe to disable...but huge props for that cause it would take a really long time of trial and error.

So far I've found I could disable PICOTTS, live wallpapers and bubbles with no crash.

- aBBuser on CB10 - never forget the squircle.
    I don't think it's worth investing so much time into this "research", I disabled those processes to try if it could lower energy consumption, but there was no big change in that according to Battery Guru. So I wouldn't recommend to mess with this at all.
    09-17-13 08:04 PM