Ever since the 10.2 release started leaking we notice one feature on the sideloaded apps.
    The back button bar at the bottom of the screen in 10.1 versions used to be dynamic as to whether the user would keep it visible or hide from appearing. In 10.2 the bar is always visible which takes space off the Q10 screen which is a lot more important than Z10 because of the smaller screen.

Maybe it was just me because I got a lot of heat from the threads saying I was wining and complaining for nothing, so here it is...Q10 users do you want the bar to stay visible or have the possibility to hide it?
    absolut20 and merli001 like this.
    08-18-13 04:18 PM
    i recently made the switch from z10 to q5 and my answer is a definitely NO. The back button takes up a large chunk of the screen and makes some apps horrible to use. Instagram for instance is already harder to use on the q5 and with the back button shown at all times would be very bad.

Maybe have an option to hide the bar. That would be something i want to see
    08-18-13 08:46 PM
    I completely agree - as a Q10 user with quite a few sideloaded apps, I really don't like the fact that the bottom bar will be permanent. It really cuts down the screen space available. There needs to be an option to turn back on the hide function. Not sure why this hasn't been raised as a bigger issue..
    08-19-13 03:06 PM
    It would make most sense if it was always showing on the Z devices but substituted it for a physical key on the Q devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 05:01 PM
    Of course its critical to be able to hide the bar.
    I hope that in final release they add configuration menu in settings to control that behavior.
    I believe its will be better enabled by default, for new users.
    I have the Q5.
    08-19-13 05:07 PM
    God no, if I had the option to allow for more screen estate vs less, I think it's a bit of a no-brainer. I understand keeping the back button there for a usability point of view and for consistency of experience. But seriously, how dumb do you have to be if you can't learn one simple gesture to bring the on-screen button back (or to just swipe for 'back')?

Blackberry has to stop treating us like idiots.
    08-19-13 09:44 PM
    Unfortunately, bb is making a big mistake by permanently putting the black bar android for q10. I hope they fix this stupidity
    absolut20 likes this.
    08-20-13 12:56 AM
    I don't even see any needs for the Z10. Some apps are not more in use in fact of the fixed black bar.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 02:41 AM
    I've written it out before, but it just makes no sense to have it on the Q10. It should come up when you swipe from the top down.

the q10 screen is 5.5x5.5 (cm)
    the andriod bar is .8 cm and then (atleast with instagram) there is another bar of .8cm, not to mention the heading bar is also .8 cm, so essentially, 2.4cm is taken up by bars on the screen, 44%.. even just the back button bar is 15% of the screen.
    08-20-13 08:59 AM
    BB, please get rid of it (android bar) ASAP!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:43 PM
    Hell no!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 09:17 PM
    Ugh, that stupid black bar. Make it auto-hide like native apps!
    08-23-13 12:30 PM
    Don't want back-button visible on Q10 at all times.Allow me to 'unpin' it.
    08-23-13 11:48 PM
    I actually like the back bar but I have a Z10, but I could see why a Q10 owner would not want it.

I think the best way is to give an option to turn on or off.

But I don't think it is that easily done because I noticed now that Android apps don't have the back at the top left anymore. So, it might take a bit a bit more work to get done.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 10:00 AM
    I don't sideload any apps so it doesn't matter for me. But if I did, I think it would depend on what type of app it is.

For example NO for instagram as it wouldn't even show the whole picture without having to scroll down

But for an app like a GPS or something that you would typically use the back button often, I'd say ya.

Q10
    08-24-13 10:30 AM
    Hell no! Get rid of it! What's the point of having that stupid back button when you can swipe?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 12:16 PM