Hello! I have been trying to find a good use for my beloved old Z30, and due to it having an HDMI port and USB OTG I figured it would be very fun to try and make it into a mobile terminal for my home server. I was wondering if anyone has had success or could try to make the NoMachine app for Android work on BB10, as for me it always SEGFAULTs on startup and I'm running out of ideas.
    So far I have tried the current APK and an old one somewhere around version 5.4, and both exhibit the same crashing segmentation fault behaviour (when reading through the adb logs). I have tried installing all of the google play services etc and installing it from google play store, and also the blackberry app rebuilder, but in the latter case I realized that the resulting bar file merely contains the APK anyways, along with what might be the key - some editable metadata. I am really out of my depth here and hoping I might get a hand! Please feel free to request any of the files I've worked on or any additional information. Thank you!
    05-10-19 06:13 AM
    Hello! I have been trying to find a good use for my beloved old Z30, and due to it having an HDMI port and USB OTG I figured it would be very fun to try and make it into a mobile terminal for my home server. I was wondering if anyone has had success or could try to make the NoMachine app for Android work on BB10, as for me it always SEGFAULTs on startup and I'm running out of ideas.
    So far I have tried the current APK and an old one somewhere around version 5.4, and both exhibit the same crashing segmentation fault behaviour (when reading through the adb logs). I have tried installing all of the google play services etc and installing it from google play store, and also the blackberry app rebuilder, but in the latter case I realized that the resulting bar file merely contains the APK anyways, along with what might be the key - some editable metadata. I am really out of my depth here and hoping I might get a hand! Please feel free to request any of the files I've worked on or any additional information. Thank you!
    There really isn't much you can do. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.
    05-10-19 06:37 AM
    Might try term48....
    05-10-19 07:01 AM
    Text terminal is not an issue, but I use NoMachine for serving desktops, and it works on every platform I've wanted it to so far (so I'm not really keen on switching to VNC or something else). I am hoping there might be some magic in the metadata contained in the bar file that I could change to prevent the segmentation fault from occurring. I saw that Cobalt made a manifest extension that allowed Android apps to run in headless mode. Maybe it's that NoMachine wants to acquire more memory than the runtime will allow under BB10 by default. Is there a setting, for example, I could add to the manifest to give it more memory?
    05-10-19 11:57 AM