Hey all, i'm a side loading newbie so please bear with me. I've successfully side loaded a cpl of apps that I was able to get bar files for. My question is for android apps that aren't as easy to find. Android had hundreds of paramedic apps I would live to have to help me with my work, but I doubt that they would be popular to most of the community. Any suggestions on how I can get these apps on my phone?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:14 PM
    I use BlueStacks to get Android apps. Look at this thread (or search BlueStacks in the forums) for more details.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-751409/

Hope this helps.
    07-02-13 08:48 PM
    How to get apps from Google Play:

Install an Android emulator called 'Blue Stacks'.
    Then run Blue Stacks and install an app from google play called 'Device ID'.
    Now run Device ID to get it to give you a Device ID.
    Install Google Chrome
    Download APK Downloader from here: https://lekensteyn.nl/apk-downloader/
    Install the extension in Google Chrome.
    Open APK Downloader extension in Chrome and login with Gmail account and enter Device ID you got earlier.
    Now, find your app from Google Play and just goto the APK Downloader icon to the right of the address bar to start the download.

Then afterwards, you can either use the old way to convert the APK here: apk2bar.unker.net
    or
    Follow the instructions to convert APKs the new way here (odds are higher of working using this method): http://forums.crackberry.com/android...erry10-817781/

If you find the app on Google Play, I can help you download them if you don't want to go through the hassle, but converting I'm leaving up to you. Just post a link to the app on Google Play.
    07-02-13 08:50 PM
    Oh boy...as I say i'm a newbie to this.....tho I may still give it a try...thanks for the info guys!!

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll likes this.
    07-02-13 08:59 PM
    Good luck! Good on you for attempting it.

If you need any help just let us know!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 09:55 PM
    Thanks...and i'll probably be back a puddle of goo looking for help! lol....irs so damn frustrating...i love my berry and will stay with it till the end, but there is just such a lack of quality medic apps that can be found for iPhone and Android. Guess I have to take matters into my own hands.....lord hp me!!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 10:08 AM
    Hey all, so I have successfully side loaded some apps onto my z10....still trying to get around the converting apk to bar....work in progress. problem tho, while I've gotten some on my z10, I haven't had any success with my playbook. I've gotten apps loaded but not one will work. Not sure if i'm doing something wrong. Picking the wrong apps or is the playbook just not up to snuff?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 08:15 PM
    One app I wanted I found on the good e reader site. it's from the Google play store but they had it as well. I downloaded the apk file and tried to convert it both with the good reader converter as well as the other apk to bar converter site mentioned in the forms. Both said they were unable to convert due to too long a file name??.. any ideas as I would dearly love this app for my work!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 09:49 PM
    most android apps that work on bb10, doesnt work on the playbook. please take note of that.

now for converting your apk's, i STRONGLY suggest you download the apk from the play store itself. and convert it using Tutorial: Run ANY Android 2.3.3 app on Blackberry10 (xsacha method). MANY apps will work using this. goodereader is great and all, but if you want high chance of your app working, convert the apk yourself.
    07-10-13 09:51 AM
    Will look into that, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 03:53 AM
    Um.....where do I find that tutorial?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 03:54 AM
    Get all the info you need about the xsacha conversation method here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8643852

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    07-11-13 09:33 AM