You might have noticed that there's a new Sideloading Tool available since a few days. I've made a video tutorial, showing step-by-step how to install .Bar files using this tool.

The video shows how to:
    • download and install the sideloading tool
    • setting up the tool for the first time
    • downloading apps from within the tool
    • installing apps using drag & drop

It will take anyone who is new to sideloading not more than 10 minutes to sideload the first app. Check out the tutorial:

Video guide

Textual guide
    This guide will teach you step-by-step how to install .BAR files on your BlackBerry 10 device or BlackBerry PlayBook. If you own a Mac, please follow this guide: Sideloading guide for Mac.

Preparations
    Network
    First of all your BlackBerry device and your PC need to be in the same network. Connect your BB10 device with you local Wi-Fi and join that network with your PC. You dont need to connect your device via USB.

Development mode
    To sideload applications your device needs to be in development mode. You can find this option in
    Settings Security Development Mode

You will need to setup a password, make sure you dont forget it. Once the development mode is active, find out your devices IP address. Therefore go to
    Settings About Network IPv4

Install the BB10 Sideloading Tool
    You can download it here. Execute and install it (you may need admin rights). The BB10 Sideloading Tool allows you to connect your PC with your device as well as sending and installing selected .BAR files.

Start sideloading
    Connecting
    Now start the BB10 Sideloading Tool. You will see a setup guide if you start it for the first time. Click continue until you see the settings screen and enter the IP address of your BlackBerry device and the password for the development mode. Click Check connection to see if your network is setup right.

Install .BARs
    No switch to the Install tab or restart the tool. Drag and drop your .Bar files into the package icon and click Start sideloading.

Let the tool do the work for you
    The tool will now send and install each of your selected .BAR files. Dont interrupt your network connection during this process. Once the tool finished, have a look at your devices home screen. You will find your sideloaded apps there. If an app is missing, have a look into the log and find out why.
    Last edited by Steppschuh; 07-05-13 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Added text guide
    07-05-13 10:14 AM
    Nice job....
    07-05-13 12:05 PM
    Nice

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 11:19 AM
    I will try it later when I get home.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 02:11 PM
    I'm having trouble with my my device. For some reason the IP address that I've entered still haven't allowed the device to be reachable by the sideloading tool. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    07-07-13 11:38 AM
    I'm having trouble with my my device. For some reason the IP address that I've entered still haven't allowed the device to be reachable by the sideloading tool. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Please make sure that your device and PC are connected to the same network. You can also connect vie USB, have a look at a few posts above.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 12:02 PM
    Cool, going to try this one out later.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 12:10 PM
    I tried your tool and for some reason the bar files will not install. Says I have a missing cookie or something like that in the log. Tried two different bar files but no luck yet. Followed all instructions to the T. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 03:47 PM
    I'm thinking I might try this

Z10
    07-07-13 06:55 PM
    Says I have a missing cookie or something like that in the log.
    The thing with the cookie is alright, it won't be there until you sideload your first app. Seems like the tool can't execute the file that starts the sideloading process. Please make sure that you have the Java Runtime installed and that you have restarted your PC after installing it. Also try to run the tool with administrator rights.
    07-08-13 04:47 AM
    This seems simple enough for a dummy like me to be able to handle -great tool ! I think I will try this on my Z 10 on Telus in Canada. Anyone see any reason it wouldn't work before I serous;y mess something up on my phone and can't backtrack ?
    Thanx
    07-10-13 11:21 AM
    Don't be afraid. The worst case is that an app doesn't work properly. You can uninstall sideloaded apps like any other app, though.
    07-10-13 01:23 PM
    I seem to be following the directions just fine but at the end the log tells me: installing apps done. successful:0 failed:1
    any idea what is going wrong?
    08-26-13 05:08 PM
    I seem to be following the directions just fine but at the end the log tells me: installing apps done. successful:0 failed:1
    any idea what is going wrong?
    Make sure that you have the right Java RE version installed (x86 for 32bit | x64 for 64 bit).
    08-26-13 07:24 PM
    That was the fix, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 07:46 PM
    You might have noticed that there's a new Sideloading Tool available since a few days. I've made a video tutorial, showing step-by-step how to install .Bar files using this tool.

The video shows how to:
    • download and install the sideloading tool
    • setting up the tool for the first time
    • downloading apps from within the tool
    • installing apps using drag & drop

It will take anyone who is new to sideloading not more than 10 minutes to sideload the first app. Check out the tutorial:

Video guide

Textual guide
    This guide will teach you step-by-step how to install .BAR files on your BlackBerry 10 device or BlackBerry PlayBook. If you own a Mac, please follow this guide: Sideloading guide for Mac.

Preparations
    Network
    First of all your BlackBerry device and your PC need to be in the same network. Connect your BB10 device with you local Wi-Fi and join that network with your PC. You dont need to connect your device via USB.

Development mode
    To sideload applications your device needs to be in development mode. You can find this option in
    Settings Security Development Mode

You will need to setup a password, make sure you dont forget it. Once the development mode is active, find out your devices IP address. Therefore go to
    Settings About Network IPv4

Install the BB10 Sideloading Tool
    You can download it here. Execute and install it (you may need admin rights). The BB10 Sideloading Tool allows you to connect your PC with your device as well as sending and installing selected .BAR files.

Start sideloading
    Connecting
    Now start the BB10 Sideloading Tool. You will see a setup guide if you start it for the first time. Click continue until you see the settings screen and enter the IP address of your BlackBerry device and the password for the development mode. Click Check connection to see if your network is setup right.

Install .BARs
    No switch to the Install tab or restart the tool. Drag and drop your .Bar files into the package icon and click Start sideloading.

Let the tool do the work for you
    The tool will now send and install each of your selected .BAR files. Dont interrupt your network connection during this process. Once the tool finished, have a look at your devices home screen. You will find your sideloaded apps there. If an app is missing, have a look into the log and find out why.
    yup.i downloaded bb10bars.net.i having problem usb wired to Z10 (delop pass code ON) and IP are not responding. Thank you
    09-16-13 01:37 AM
    I downloaded bb10bars.net.i having problem usb wired to Z10 (delop pass code ON) and IP are not responding. Thank you
    Keep in mind that you need the development IP address if you're using USB to connect. Should be 169.254.0.1
    09-16-13 04:49 AM
    Thank you!
    09-18-13 06:51 AM
    Hi itried to download the sideload tool but receive error message that I do not have permission to the server, Ive been trying for an age to find a way of get snap chat / snap2chat onto my z10 over a dozen differnet links to sites saying this is how to do and on every one of them there is a link for a vital part of the process that doesn't work. some one please help me out before I throw my laptop and my phon out the window in frustration, (actually not the phone i like it too much)
    03-09-14 11:22 AM
    Hi itried to download the sideload tool but receive error message that I do not have permission to the server, Ive been trying for an age to find a way of get snap chat / snap2chat onto my z10 over a dozen differnet links to sites saying this is how to do and on every one of them there is a link for a vital part of the process that doesn't work. some one please help me out before I throw my laptop and my phon out the window in frustration, (actually not the phone i like it too much)
    What OS version are you on?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 11:33 AM
    I need the tool . It is not available.
    06-11-16 07:51 AM