06-24-15 04:48 PM
421 123 ...
tools
    Seems that it's quite surprisingly easy to get working any app that depends on Google features. I tried the same technique that I used with Google Maps API (http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...orking-862184/) with Gmail and Ingress and it works.

The whole process basically requires following packages (from gapps for 4.2.2):
    • Google Login Service
    • Google Play services (from Play Store)
    • Google Services Framework (cannot be installed because of already present stub in BB Android runtime)

Two one of these packages have no launch icon so you have to fix that in manifest by adding intent for a launch to some activity.

The actual app (Gmail/Ingress etc) should be fixed by removing single verification check from method isGooglePlayServicesAvailable (see http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...orking-862184/).

Apply the 'isGooglePlayServicesAvailable' patch to Google Play services as well. Additional patch is required to allow self signed Google Maps apk.

If you're brave to try, here're prelimitary versions of modded packages:

Ingress/Gmail in post #7
    Google Maps (with login) post #29
    Google Play Music (with login) post #33

WIP/I'm still experimenting with this but so far it seems working. I will post full instructions once I figure it all out (applications privileges because apps are not installed in system rom, conflicting BB C2DM package, self sign packages requiring removing signature checks).

Screenshots from my Q10:

Gmail:
    How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_00000030.png

How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_00000040.png

Ingress:
    How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_00000038.png

How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_00000039.png
    Last edited by moneytoo; 11-01-13 at 08:39 PM.
    10-26-13 07:47 PM
    Looks good! i hope you success as this could be beneficial for other apps too
    ami.one likes this.
    10-26-13 08:43 PM
    Man, thats awesome!!! CrackBerry should give you an Award for this!!

Can you post the modified Ingress.apk? Im dying for it!
    10-27-13 06:23 AM
    Does this mean we can sign in on YouTube with this method?

Posted via CB10
    JonaYNWA likes this.
    10-27-13 09:52 AM
    I think we will now be able to login to google maps

@moneytoo: requesting for a modified google maps app that can login. Thank you
    10-27-13 10:51 AM
    @ATV_Hightower

Not yet. Just wait a while. While I could upload a bundle that would work with Ingress I do not want to spread incompletely patched apk's that doesn't work with sub-services and cause issues to other users.

@Bilaal

Seems that it's possible to login to Youtube but it will then prevent videos from loading (displays 401's). So far it points to GCM (Google Cloud Messaging). It could be caused by the fact that BB's Android runtime already includes some GCM/C2DM stub (com.google.android.gsf) and therefore Google Services Framework installation fails. This would require us to pick different namespace (gsf2) and replace the original name everywhere. It's getting more interesting... Still possible to patch though.

How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_00000046.png
    JonaYNWA and ejoya like this.
    10-27-13 12:39 PM
    If you're really Ingress addicted, here's something to play with: smartmadsoft.com/blackberry/ingress.zip
    Before installing, delete current Play Services if you have it installed and reboot your BB. Install all packages. Use Gmail to add your Google account (confirm notification (if) displayed in hub but close the window after confirming).
    While it shouldn't break anything and in the worst case you can reboot, uninstall all packages and reboot again to get rid of your Google account I do not recommend installing it unless you're ok with the fact it is potentially capable of breaking something within your Android runtime (wipe would be necessary then).
    10-27-13 01:52 PM
    This is awesome. Would it enable Google+ sign in? I'd love to link my Clash of Clans account but it needs Google Play services
    10-27-13 04:01 PM
    A couple of the apks aren't converting to bars so I can install. Did I miss something somewhere?
    10-27-13 04:26 PM
    First: I cant thank you enough for this!!
    Second: Big Respect for finding this way!!

Ok, now my first impressions.

It was a little bit tricky to set up a google account. I was not able to login my old account but I could create a new one. GMail App runs but never syncs. Ingress runs as smooth as it was native. Very awesome. no lags in animations. everything is fine. Only GPS update is a little slow and not as accurate as I wished. But maybe it is my phone. I wiping my phone now and try to set up all apps again and will report changes.
    10-28-13 02:29 AM
    Phone wiped, files sideloaded, now the account manger tells me it cannot connect to google server

Phone wiped again, everything perfect! can use my old account, ingress runs perfect!
    Last edited by ATV_Hightower; 10-28-13 at 04:44 AM.
    10-28-13 04:10 AM
    Sorry to be a pain, but would it be possible to post a walkthrough similar to the Google maps one?

Would really appreciate it!
    10-28-13 06:41 AM
    @garnet_ribbons

While so far it works for some apps, unlike for Maps there are few more sub-services connected to Google Account that probably don't work right now. I don't want to waste everyone's energy trying to fix something that won't work.
    I will post detailed how to once I figure out & test few more things.
    garnet_ribbons likes this.
    10-28-13 07:11 AM
    Thanks. I shall await further developments
    10-28-13 08:09 AM
    Ingress User wifi for locating. Has Anybody an idea how to change this?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 10:19 AM
    Wow man this is awesome. I love your Gmaps instructions and i am now (patiently) waiting for you to come out with something similar for the google services. Take your time because this makes my Zeeten a hell of a phone!
    10-29-13 09:41 AM
    I can't even repackage an APK so I'm toast. Do you think you'll be able to share the modified APKs for us folk to side load?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:45 AM
    I will try to do that for the dependencies and other most popular packages I would be able to keep up to date. The Ingress package already contains 4 APK's.
    10-29-13 09:54 AM
    Moneytoo, logging in for google maps would be amazing. I really like your efforts here, keep it up!
    10-29-13 07:44 PM
    just convert google plays services and login apk from the ingress.zip file posted by moneytoo and you can login now with your google maps. It's working on my google maps 6.14
    10-29-13 09:41 PM
    Would love to see this happen with clash of clans!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 02:32 PM
    so, google maps signs is, ingress works, and gmail signs in eventually. but I can seem to get youtube to sign in? anyone got it to work? if yes can you share the apk yo used please?
    10-30-13 03:17 PM
    so, google maps signs is, ingress works, and gmail signs in eventually. but I can seem to get youtube to sign in? anyone got it to work? if yes can you share the apk yo used please?
    Same, @ the OP how did you get YouTube to sign in?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 06:36 PM
    @teostar

I used the same fix that I used for almost every other package so it logs in but nothing else is functional then.

I'm testing various configurations on Android because of no root access, packages can't be installed as system and aren't granted maybe important privileges plus there's this interfering GSF package which makes fixing it a challenge.
    10-30-13 08:19 PM
    @teostar

I used the same fix that I used for almost every other package so it logs in but nothing else is functional then.

I'm testing various configurations on Android because of no root access, packages can't be installed as system and aren't granted maybe important privileges plus there's this interfering GSF package which makes fixing it a challenge.
    Ok, so we will need a modified .bar file to have it work? The standard apk + the files in the zip file posted will not work?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 09:18 PM
421 123 ...