I hear so many different opinions on side loading. I obviously know this will vary from app to app but I wanted to email the developers directly. If their team feels side loading is piracy, I won't side load, if they give the okay, I will. So this is the exchange I had with them. Just wanted to share as I thought it was genuine. Kudos to the Circa team.

For some reason I can't upload the screenshot so I'm copying the text below. It says not a valid system file.

My email:
    Hey Circa team,

I love your app. One of my favorites. I will be using a Blackberry Z10 for a bit and wanted your input on a few things.

I'm sure you have heard the discussions on whether side loading Android apps onto Blackberry 10 devices is piracy or not. I just wanted to ask the developers directly. Would you consider it piracy if I side load your app onto my Z10? Obviously other developers may feel differently but if your team gives the okay for your app, I'll put the app on my Z10, if not, I won't.

Thanks, keep up the great work.
    Rodney

Their response:
    Hi Rodney,
    Thanks so much for asking us just a sensitive question, directly. I asked our team, and as far as Circa is concerned, we don't consider this piracy. We believe Google may disagree with us, but we would love for you to be able to use our app on a platform that we do not have plans to support. Please note that you will have to manually update future releases, and if you do have issues we may not be able to fix them.
    All the same, we are thrilled to hear from a Circa fan and it means so much to us that you appreciate something we work hard to create.
    Best,
    Michelle

Just wanted to share.
    12-04-13 11:02 PM
    Good stuff.

Hats off to you OP for going the extra mile to ask.
    12-04-13 11:47 PM
    Great! And I'll honestly guess most devs will feel this way once it's not a paid app.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-04-13 11:50 PM
    Moreover, they could recognize BlackBerry 10 as a platform and package the apk into bar and upload to BlackBerry World for masses. Likely not from the first ask but once more users ask them the same piracy question, then I would do it if I were the developer.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 11:55 PM