Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Title is quite self-explanatory but here we go

I have few ideas how to improve efficiency on Passport within few apps but what I don't know, as I'm still waiting on my test unit, if Passport's keyboard supports TRUE multi-touch just like the screen.

From what I can tell in the demos and docs if your workflow is based off cascades you only get to use move, down, up and cancel swipes. No mention of multi touch gestures in cascades. If you go with the C workflow you get to call screen gesture events which indeed support multi-touch gestures.

Has anyone tried to play with it yet?
    Last edited by vladi; 10-09-14 at 10:49 AM.
    10-09-14 09:05 AM
    From my brief coding experience with touch enabled keyboard feature, you only have the up, down, move and cancel triggers. Trying to use pinch in BlackBerry browser doesn't work.
    10-11-14 07:24 AM
    From my brief coding experience with touch enabled keyboard feature, you only have the up, down, move and cancel triggers. Trying to use pinch in BlackBerry browser doesn't work.
    Did you try Cascades or C?
    10-11-14 04:37 PM
    Did you try Cascades or C?
    It was in Cascades QML, I've wrote this sample code to use the touch enabled keyboard to swipe to next/previous tab : https://github.com/RodgerLeblanc/Swi...rdListener.qml

It was for helping another dev, I don't plan to use this code in my apps.
    Brian Scheirer likes this.
    10-12-14 06:50 PM
    For what little use it may be, my small amount of investigation regarding what the blackberry passport's touch keyboard looks like via Android APIs:

It looks like the BlackBerry Passport touch keyboard shows up under Android as an android.view.MotionEvent TOOL_TYPE_MOUSE, but with only AXIS_HSCROLL and AXIS_VSCROLL motion types used, and 1 button with ACTION_UP and ACTION_DOWN. Please don't take this as gospel; this is just what I could glean via the "Input events logger" android app.

The BlackBerry Android Runtime on the Passport looks like it identifies via Build.BRAND=BlackBerry and Build.DEVICE=Passport.

Android API doc: MotionEvent | Android Developers
    01-20-15 01:07 AM