After thinking about the Android runtime landfill that has aggravated performance, reliability, & battery endurance of BB10 devices, I thought about how this issue came about & about how to correct this in a secure manner that is least likely to be abused.

Alas, I surmised that the next BlackBerry 10 update should take care of this.
    • Do an initial scan of the home screen shortcuts
    • Securely remove the Android runtime landfill
    • Force a backup to the host computer
    • Done! (The backup would just be a mandatory precaution.)

Posted via CB10
    09-16-18 10:06 AM
    BB10 is EOL by end of 2019. Why would BlackBerry bother.
    Also, currently nothing but maintenance updates for BB10 until its official demise.
    09-16-18 10:17 AM
    Some say landfill, others say lifeline...
    09-16-18 01:30 PM
    Some say landfill, others say lifeline...
    I was not referring to the Android runtime, as a whole, but merely to the wasteland of app underpinnings that are left behind by unsuccessful attempts to remove, to uninstall, or to delete such apps.

Thereby, this Android app LANDFILL often, randomly, & repeatedly affects apps & the operating system. In BlackBerry 10, Android app updates don't update the Android apps because the older app versions' removal would get interrupted. Often, little more than an Android app's homescreen identifier (shortcut) is all that gets removed -- due to security / permission issues that interrupt the app removal process. This landfill causes native, ported, & side-loaded apps to randomly close & causes the operating system to randomly stall or reboot. This landfill could affect device speed, device temperature, & battery endurance.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-18 02:14 PM
    Too many people would lose a lot without the runtime. Just look at all the recent posts about BlackBerry 10 phones and apps they use.
    09-16-18 06:33 PM
    I was not referring to the Android runtime, as a whole, but merely to the wasteland of app underpinnings that are left behind by unsuccessful attempts to remove, to uninstall, or to delete such apps.

Thereby, this Android app LANDFILL often, randomly, & repeatedly affects apps & the operating system. In BlackBerry 10, Android app updates don't update the Android apps because the older app versions' removal would get interrupted. Often, little more than an Android app's homescreen identifier (shortcut) is all that gets removed -- due to security / permission issues that interrupt the app removal process. This landfill causes native, ported, & side-loaded apps to randomly close & causes the operating system to randomly stall or reboot. This landfill could affect device speed, device temperature, & battery endurance.

Posted via CB10
    I guess you're referring to the "delete" bug that was present in 10.3.2.2876 until it was patched?

If so, just install Ghost Commander, and uninstall whatever Android apps are still left on your device from those times. Just don't mess with anything else.

Of course using an autoloader or doing a security wipe would obliviate the remnants as well.
    Flatman likes this.
    09-16-18 06:42 PM
    From a business standpoint, I wouldn’t expect BB to waste any type of resources on this folly. From a BB10 user standpoint, I wouldn’t expect much support from other BB10 users. Just follow suggestions from conite since it appears to be the realistic middle ground.
    09-18-18 08:12 AM