I've got a technical question regarding the core camera api. I've been attempting to change the exposure mode to enable manual control, however when I poll the open camera for available exposure modes, only three appear.

Does anyone with experience with the camera api know for sure what exposure modes are actually supported by the current hardware in bb10 phones? Is there something special I need to do in order to gain access to a full range of exposure modes?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 09:58 PM
    I'm reaching out for help for you here.
    Joel Hill likes this.
    05-28-14 11:42 PM
    I'm not sure whether you understand the definition of an API
    API allow you to write a third-party program which utilizes whatever the API controls.
    So you won't be able to change anything in the system camera app because you won't be able to change the code or sign it (since it's a system app)
    You can however, write a program which implements the camera API which will allow for different exposures. As for the specifics of this, you should consult the documentations BB has released on the given API. I am not sure to what extent the API will allow you to control exposures though. It may not be necessarily a hardware limitation, but simply that the API does not allow you to control it.
    05-28-14 11:53 PM
    He is writing a camera app. And you can, on a side note, sign system apps. I do it with their browser often.

Core cascades is low level C++ to.allow for a whole lot more than you are limited to with qml.

To the op, unfortunately as far as I know - what you have is all they have opened up. Anything beyond the API is a custom balancer at that point (post processing). Try tweeting it at blackberry dev. They won't answer but someone else might.

Last time I worked with the camera core modules they were very basic. I don't think they expanded it much...
    05-29-14 12:32 AM
    He is writing a camera app. And you can, on a side note, sign system apps. I do it with their browser often.

Core cascades is low level C++ to.allow for a whole lot more than you are limited to with qml.

To the op, unfortunately as far as I know - what you have is all they have opened up. Anything beyond the API is a custom balancer at that point (post processing). Try tweeting it at blackberry dev. They won't answer but someone else might.

Last time I worked with the camera core modules they were very basic. I don't think they expanded it much...
    You can load the edited system app through debug token, but you do not have the clearance to sign the system apps for public release. The RIM internal signing key is not available.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 09:28 AM
    I should clarify some things: I am in fact writing an app. Also, the features I need are referenced in the documentation, and other developers seem to have some luck accessing said features.

I have the rear camera open and the view finder active. When I use the function "camera_get_exposure_modes()," I am only able to find three:

CAMERA_EXPOSUREMODE_DEFAULT
    CAMERA_APERATURE_PRIORITY
    CAMERA_ISO_APERATURE_PRIORITY

Where there are in fact many more exposure modes documented.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 11:12 AM
    You can load the edited system app through debug token, but you do not have the clearance to sign the system apps for public release. The RIM internal signing key is not available.

Posted via CB10
    http://www.filearchivehaven.com/2013...-0-18-browser/

You don't need to (or even should) keep the system flag + original app ID - but you can if you want. The first would prevent removal. And the second would overwrite the existing app on the OS. In a side note - we probably both will have different signing permissions though as mine are slightly elevated for different initiatives from bbry.

Omit the first + change the other. This will give you a second version to do what you want without impacting the original copy.

None if this is relevant to the OP though.

Op. The options you found are the same as mine. I can't help much more beyond they I'm afraid. But when I need a code snippet I usually get lucky via Twitter and support forums with the first being more comfortable.

Posted via CB from my LE
    05-29-14 10:54 PM
    Depending on the HW of your device. Not all modes are available.
    That is how I understand it when I was working with my camera apps awhile back.

You are doing it correctly by querying the system for available modes. If the modes are not supported on the HW it will not show up.
    06-01-14 11:47 PM