Sorry, I must have accidentally deleted first thread... anyway, wanted to change from a complex password to simple on my Z30. Did as I usually do and had to create password and confirm. Fine.

Went to get into Z30 and password not accepted, nor is previous password. OK, I must have made a mistake... not likely typing twice with confirmation, but... since I have moved on to Motion and backed up Z30, figured I'd just let it wipe.

But it won't wipe. Just tells me over and over I'm on my last attempt (of 10) and if I get it wrong, will wipe the phone. Except it won't wipe.

Yes, I have typed "Blackberry" when prompted and have tried restarts. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks
    02-14-18 09:44 AM
    Not a clue.... time for an Autoloader.
    02-14-18 09:46 AM
    Sorry, I must have accidentally deleted first thread... anyway, wanted to change from a complex password to simple on my Z30. Did as I usually do and had to create password and confirm. Fine.

Went to get into Z30 and password not accepted, nor is previous password. OK, I must have made a mistake... not likely typing twice with confirmation, but... since I have moved on to Motion and backed up Z30, figured I'd just let it wipe.

But it won't wipe. Just tells me over and over I'm on my last attempt (of 10) and if I get it wrong, will wipe the phone. Except it won't wipe.

Yes, I have typed "Blackberry" when prompted and have tried restarts. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks
    /blackberry-10-os-f269/z30-strange-device-password-issue-1137110/
    02-14-18 09:47 AM
    Thanks was able to install autoloader.
    02-15-18 08:28 AM