This morning I noticed I was not connected to my home wi-fi network. I opened the "Settings" screen but it was black and minimized after a few seconds. I then noticed I only had LTE mobile access. I've rebooted the phone a number of times and used the up-down volume button reset. No change.

I hooked the phone up to my PC and opened Blackberry Link. Although the PC says the Z30 is connected. Blackberry Link says it can't communicate with the device.

****So I received one answer but I don't see a button on the screen that allows me to respond to it. I have tried both suggestions, a long reboot and another USB cord, and no luck. Blackberry Link tells me I'm connected but that it can't communicate with my Z30.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by dano4321; 04-04-17 at 02:46 PM.
    04-04-17 10:42 AM
    Greetings and welcome to the forums.

A couple things to try next. Simulate a battery pull by holding the power button for 32 seconds. With respect to link do you have any alternate USB data cables to try?
    04-04-17 10:57 AM
    I have tried both suggestions, a long reboot and another USB cord, and no luck. Blackberry Link tells me I'm connected but that it can't communicate with my Z30.
    04-04-17 02:47 PM
    Try using DBBT to communicate with your device.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-tools-956835/
    04-04-17 02:50 PM
    Ok, I guess I'm a bit of a Luddite. What is a DBBT?
    04-04-17 02:57 PM
    DBBT is a 3rd party tool created by user DarcyTallGuy. It's another software app with many more features to work with your phone. Sachesi is another such software. Check out the thread I posted for more detail.
    04-04-17 03:02 PM
    So I had my Z30 up and running, but two weeks later it has done the same thing: no wifi, blank settings screen, only LTE connection and won't connect to Link.

Reading the Forums think I'm seeing that the latest software upgrade has caused some issues. The suggestion in to go the the BB10 leaked OS and download, but I can't seem to find it on this site.

Any suggestions?
    04-18-17 07:44 AM
    04-18-17 09:22 AM
    I just got a KEYone and wanted to do the Transfer to get the locally saved Remember and Calendar data. I moved the SIM and microSD card to the KEYone without a problem. I initiated the Transfer on the KEYone, which requires initiating the Transfer on the Z30 as well. I powered up the Z30 and no wi-fi connection! I tried to select wi-fi hotspots and it wouldn't even load. Settings can't be loaded either. I get the same black screen, then it turns into a dead Active Frame. I tried moving the SIM card back to the Z30 and it wouldn't even access data through the cell network, though calling does work. Basically, it seems data no longer works on either wi-fi or cell networks.

Z30
    Software Release 10.3.3.1486 (?)
    06-12-17 12:09 AM
    Picture Password doesn't work, so Enter device password instead.

Wi-Fi toggle works, but no wi-fi connections
    Location toggle works
    Notifications toggle doesn't work
    Device monitor is blank
    06-12-17 12:17 AM
    Did you ever try reloading your device software on the Z30? Once you get that up and running you should be able to transfer your data to the new device.
    06-12-17 09:00 AM
    Did you ever try reloading your device software on the Z30? Once you get that up and running you should be able to transfer your data to the new device.
    The Z30 wouldn't work over wi-fi or cell data. BlackBerry Link saw it, but I wasn't sure I could reload since I might have used Sachesi to install 10.3.3.x. Sachesi couldn't see it.

I started copying Remember notes but eventually just took photos with the KEYone of various pages. I remade the old Calendar events, just so I'd have them - saved to Google this time, which appears to be the only option with the KEYone, i.e. no local calendar events.

I decided upon doing a Security Wipe, by entering the password incorrectly 10 times since Settings was inaccessible. The Z30 was set to do Picture Password, but that didn't work, so it would prompt for a password and it would take quite a while for each prompt, 1-5 minutes. After five incorrect entries, typed "blackberry". Then four incorrect entries, typed "blackberry". Final incorrect password started Security Wipe, which took about an hour.

The Z30 is back to its out-of-the-box state. I'll start by reinstalling the BB10 apps and then Cobalt's Google Play to get the Android ones.

This is the first time I've see the Z30 get into such a weird state, where hard reset, Restart, etc. wouldn't fix it.
    06-12-17 12:30 PM