My box says that the product is manufactured in November 2014. But, I found this welcome message dated 15 October 2014 in my phone (read).
    Is your phone having the same kind of messages. I doubt I have been getting a refurbished phone packed like a new one.
    Help please
    And I want more than 1 confirmation, and please mention both dates on your box and phone.
    Thank you
    Z30 owners please help.-img_20150714_171604.png
    Z30 owners please help.-img_20150714_171558.png
    Z30 owners please help.-img_20150712_165205.png
    Z30 owners please help.-img_20150709_172035.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 08:32 AM
    Those come when you activate the phone past the initial setup process and it registers with BlackBerry. Has absolutely NOTHING to do with the date on your box... nor anyone else's box for that matter.
    07-14-15 08:35 AM
    So that means it is normal.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 09:26 AM
    What I meant by the question is if it is like this only. If someone has a box and the message both can you please compare it whether it was delivered when you first booted it (the day you bought) or was it always there?
    If anyone can please compare your box's reading and the message could help me know if I have been sent a refurbished phone or not.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 09:31 AM
    Did you buy yours brand new or send it in for repair or something?
    And I believe it's normal for the phone providers to open devices to upgrade the OS if they've been sitting for a while on selves

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 09:51 AM
    Re-read Blaize's response...
    07-14-15 09:55 AM
    See Zeelob this is a sensitive issue for me , the phone has been repaired from inside (unauthorised repairs) and this was discovered by BB service centre only when i took it to there. For me I have to prove it in courts that I never got it repaired from outside. I know that sounds impossible but i opened all seals with my own hands and its been barely a month.
    Now I am stuck between whom to blame. so its a big issue for me . Details or snapshots that other have or dont have the same kind of notifications prior to manufacture would help me Alot .
    07-14-15 10:07 AM
    See Zeelob this is a sensitive issue for me , the phone has been repaired from inside (unauthorised repairs) and this was discovered by BB service centre only when i took it to there. For me I have to prove it in courts that I never got it repaired from outside. I know that sounds impossible but i opened all seals with my own hands and its been barely a month.
    Now I am stuck between whom to blame. so its a big issue for me . Details or snapshots that other have or dont have the same kind of notifications prior to manufacture would help me Alot .
    Does the phone look new ect? Does it work? Are you happy with it!? Then quit complaining and wasting money in court ect. You won't win

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 10:12 AM
    I bought mine brand new , I just cannot get it how can someone open a device which is still not fully manufactured.
    Secondly why was the message already READ. How is it possible that the phone is repaired from inside unauthorised ways when I opened all its seals with my own hands.
    07-14-15 10:14 AM
    The phone does not work!!!
    Cant you see i visited the service centre , why did i go there if it was working.
    it drops signals and now its mic is not working so I cant make calls with it. The BB centre refused to give warranty.
    I am not heading to courts to have FUN sir.
    I am stuck.
    Last edited by Lalit Kumar 4; 07-14-15 at 10:30 AM.
    07-14-15 10:17 AM
    Ultimately, you're barking up the wrong tree here. The questions you're asking, are pretty much irrelevant to your 'case'. Those messages come, as I noted previously, when the device is pushed through the initial set-up process, when the device registers on the network initially.

The other side of that is your device DOES NOT even have to be new in order to get them. Even if you wipe your device, YOU WILL GET THEM AGAIN. They're sent EVERY TIME a device goes through the process of setup.

On top of all that, they sometimes show up for pretty much no reason as well.. I've had them appear after a reboot despite having owned the device for months now. I've had them appear back on my device showing as read when I know for certain I've deleted them. They're not exactly reliable for any sort of information such as you're seeking.
    Lalit Kumar 4 likes this.
    07-14-15 10:03 PM
    That is not a new phone. I had two experience with BlackBerry I purchased on eBay where I was told "brand new" When I tried to use the phone, some information came out I reported it to PayPal and I got my money back. Beware of some people selling fake BlackBerry and used as new

Posted via CB30
    07-14-15 10:16 PM
    What was wrong with the first thread you started?

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1028063

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-14-15 10:21 PM
    First boot of your Z30 with a network connection? I think the date and clock didn't have time to setup. I add this problem with my Q5 I bought the other day, receiving a e-mail from BlackBerry from last year... That's life!
    07-14-15 10:37 PM
    What was wrong with the first thread you started?

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1028063

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    At that time I thought that company/ seller or any one of them would take responsibility and at least provide me with a new device. Now both the seller and company have washed their hands off it. BlackBerry says its not involved in such practices and seller says the product was new and absolutely sealed and official. So they can't help. And I am stuck with no option but to produce it in courts. So, I am trying to find a way for justice and any thing that might help.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 02:02 AM
    That is not a new phone. I had two experience with BlackBerry I purchased on eBay where I was told "brand new" When I tried to use the phone, some information came out I reported it to PayPal and I got my money back. Beware of some people selling fake BlackBerry and used as new

Posted via CB30
    Was the product delivered to you packed flawlessly that there was no way to figure out that its not new?
    Are you from India ?
    Was the box and everything in place and matching?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 02:09 AM