Hello All, My Z30 recently went for a quick swim in the pool. needless to say it was in there long enough that rice, hair dryer (on cool), and letting it sit for a few days brought no spark of life back. The board is definitely the problem as I have tried a board from a working Z30 to see if the battery would still accept a charge, and it does. So now I'm desperately trying to get docs\pics from the onboard storage.

I have a friend who can help with accessing the storage, and just wanted to send him confirmation of where it is located onthe board. Could anyone help with this? ... and if you have any other suggestions I can try to frankenstein this thing back, I'm all ears! Not looknig to fix the phone.. just get final access to data.

Please and thanks!
    P
    08-11-16 10:12 AM
    I'm not sure, the only teardowns I've seen of the Z30 still keep the heatsinks on the chips. Without taking them off, there's no way to know what's underneath.

The iFixit Z10 teardown, on the other hand, takes them off and looks up the part numbers.
    08-11-16 10:35 AM
    Thanks Thurask. This helps.. I found some other shots of a Z30 teardown... names much of the components, but still nothing that points to the flash drive location. Cheers!
    08-11-16 11:03 AM
    What good would it do to find the flash drive? As I understand it's going to be encrypted.

Figuring out how to boot the phone without changing the flash or the hardware components that are locked to the boot process is really all that I "think" would be possible.

Security is a great thing... until it's standing between you and your data.
    08-11-16 12:17 PM
    Understood, which means the only other option would be to repair the damge on the board. Still worth my time to have a PCB nerd look at it and assess whether worth the time or not. I'm getting this done for free ... thanks for the feedback!
    08-11-16 02:12 PM