I have Xperia XA and Blackberry Q5, I started going back again to my Q5. I always loved BB, and I wanted to Upgrade it and started of thinking to switch to Z10 or Z30 maybe BlackBerry Leap(can't upgrade more cause I haven't much Bucks) and get rid of my Xperia what are your Opinions?
    Last edited by Louie Ahmed; 05-21-17 at 10:57 AM.
    05-21-17 09:45 AM
    never a z10. z30 at least but even then i think the XA has a much better lifespan ahead of it
    05-21-17 10:38 AM
    never a z10. z30 at least but even then i think the XA has a much better lifespan ahead of it
    what about a blackberry leap?
    05-21-17 10:47 AM
    Z10 battery was poor. I had the white and red ones. Z30 is a good phone with great battery. If you use a lot of mainstream apps neither BlackBerry 10 phone will suffice unless you're tech savvy and are willing to do all the grunt work. The XA isn't a bad phone tbh but no sure how often Sony plans on updating their OS on the phone.
    05-21-17 10:51 AM
    what about a blackberry leap?
    not really any better. slightly newer than the z30 might be the only thing better
    05-21-17 10:52 AM
    not really any better. slightly newer than the z30 might be the only thing better
    so, Z30 or Leap?
    05-21-17 10:56 AM
    Z10 battery was poor. I had the white and red ones. Z30 is a good phone with great battery. If you use a lot of mainstream apps neither BlackBerry 10 phone will suffice unless you're tech savvy and are willing to do all the grunt work. The XA isn't a bad phone tbh but no sure how often Sony plans on updating their OS on the phone.
    So, what do you prefer? To stay with Android? and what about BlackBerry Leap
    05-21-17 10:58 AM
    I looked hard at the Leap but it was the poor speaker which turned me away from it. Have a Z30 at that time I couldn't downgrade the speaker. I still use my Z10 from time to time but not as a daily driver. I find the OS is starting to show its age and the phone stuttering. I know they're are BlackBerry purists here and no doubt I'll get flack for my comments but meh.
    Right now I'm using the DTEK60 and like the phone. Speakers are great but android is a hot mess. Took me sometime to get use it the OS and I can live with it. I wish BlackBerry does more with their version of Android to make it their own but I doubt they will. The don't seem to have the manpower to keep their software up to date. For now I'll stay with Android - the BlackBerry version only. I find iOS is showing its age also now being 10 years old and most of their fixes over the years, some good some bad, not enough to keep me from going to Apple. Plus I can't stand their virtual keyboard. For a company which prides themselves in quality that vkb is, to me, atrocious
    05-21-17 11:05 AM
    I have Xperia XA and Blackberry Q5, I started going back again to my Q5. I always loved BB, and I wanted to Upgrade it and started of thinking to switch to Z10 or Z30 maybe BlackBerry Leap(can't upgrade more cause I haven't much Bucks) and get rid of my Xperia what are your Opinions?
    I'd keep the Xperia XA as it is more capable than any BlackBerry 10 device, but if you want to switch back to BB10, then the Z30 is perfect. Never choose a Z10 at this point: it's older, the battery life's hideous, screen's only 4.2", etc.
    05-21-17 11:09 AM
    I'd keep the Xperia XA as it is more capable than any BlackBerry 10 device, but if you want to switch back to BB10, then the Z30 is perfect. Never choose a Z10 at this point: it's older, the battery life's hideous, screen's only 4.2", etc.
    what about a BlackBerry Leap cause the Z30 may not be available, but I hate Leap design.
    05-21-17 11:12 AM
    Leap is nice too. If Z30 is not available, then the Leap is your only option. Just don't ever ever get a Z10.
    05-21-17 11:32 AM
    If you're already in the bb10 ecosystem, and don't mind that it's on its very last leg then I don't think there is a better phone than the Z30. If you don't need many (or any) apps, then it's still perhaps one of the best phones on the market, especially when adjusted for price.

That said, there's no support and it won't be terribly long before they basically just get too old to function in the modern world. The privacy is leaps and bounds ahead of Android and is significantly better than ios.......BUT, many people don't care about that, AND both of those OS's will still be around in 3 years. Can't say the same for BlackBerry 10. It really just depends on what you need the device to do, what your budget is, and how much you're willing to work on the phone.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-17 12:57 AM