Just been sending from to an account that I did not send to before, entered the email address, and it failed (RED No Entry sign), no explaination of error - just failed and try later.
    after several re-tries, tried a new message to an existing email, which matched a contact list entry. It went OK (what ? why is it suddenly OK ?).

So deliberately created a new contact for the pure email address, edited the old (wont send) email, deleted address, entered again - it matched the contact and displayed that name. Send, and it worked !!!
    That is a completely undocumented and unneccesary restriction.
    Get rid of it now.

Meanwhile, you HAVE to give ERROR messages details - not "Can't send now' - when it clearly is not true either.
    (even if it is my Mail provider - because you are not formatting correcttly, I still want to see details - so I know it is me not the Z10 restricting the send)
    12-27-14 04:54 PM
    Alrighty then. Clearly no question here lol.
    12-27-14 05:23 PM
    Well, even if badly phrased (as an explicit question), it could be confirmed or otherwise if the author's suspicion or apparent conclusion is a true restriction. It might explain some of the other threads on mails not being sent that have been posted over the last year plus.

It also does not detract from the suggestion that the error messages should be more complete and detailed (smtp etc does provide information after all)
    12-27-14 05:28 PM
    Well, even if badly phrased (as an explicit question), it could be confirmed or otherwise if the author's suspicion or apparent conclusion is a true restriction.
    The only time I've ever seen an instance of that would be when the email address had an error in it or was otherwise deemed non-existent. As for the messages, those are reliant upon the email service. GMail offers different error messages from that of Outlook depending on what it is, though the lack of detail surrounding the OP email provider doesn't leave anyone much to go on.
    12-27-14 05:30 PM
    I send emails to non contacts all the time.
    12-27-14 05:33 PM
    OK, Sorry if my question was not clear (and can't seem to claim the question as mine now),
    but if there was an error, then when I entered exactly the same data into a contact, it should have not worked also. And I had deleted it and re-entered manually as well as cutting and pasting.

So if my conclusion was incorrect, there still needs to be better error messaging than 'cant send now, try later' (or similar), is it the Z10 not sending or my email provided rejecting - and why ?
    Is there no where to see this, or get increased debug /log messages ?
    12-27-14 05:41 PM