My Z10 as the Sim reader broken! Is it because of this that I can't make my update to 10.3 ?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-09-16 08:34 AM
    Possibly.

Which variant of the Z10 do you have? What carrier are you on? From where did you purchase the device?
    06-09-16 08:38 AM
    My devise is from Virgin mobile Canada... It is unlock now.

06-09-16 08:51 AM
    I did use a micro Sim adapter with the nano Sim but it broke some pin when i had to get it out

06-09-16 08:53 AM
    My Z10 as the Sim reader broken! Is it because of this that I can't make my update to 10.3 ?

This should not make a difference IF you use an autoloader to update the device. Search here on CB for the correct autoloader for your device then update using your PC. But your sim reader is broken so you aren't using it as a phone anymore.
    06-09-16 09:00 AM
    My devise is from Virgin mobile Canada... It is unlock now.

You didn't answer my other questions.
    06-09-16 09:08 AM
    If it's the variant I don't know ?

06-09-16 09:32 AM

Settings > About. STL100-(1/2/3/4).
    06-09-16 09:35 AM

To get the variant, go to Settings, then About.
    You variant is what is written under model number. Something like STL100-?
    06-09-16 09:35 AM
    Sorry guys it's just I don't have the phone with me now! But the 10.3 have been released by Virgin. Could it be because the Sim reader is not working??

06-09-16 10:33 AM
    Sorry guys it's just I don't have the phone with me now! But the 10.3 have been released by Virgin. Could it be because the Sim reader is not working??

If you have a variant of the Z10 that is different from the one Virgin sells, you will never get an update from them.

Regardless, you can always do it manually using your PC as mentioned above.
    06-09-16 10:43 AM
    I don't know the variant but I did purchase the phone directly from Virgin Canada in March 2013.

So if I understand I should do it with an autoloader for better result ?

06-09-16 11:14 AM
    I don't know the variant but I did purchase the phone directly from Virgin Canada in March 2013.

So if I understand I should do it with an autoloader for better result ?

Well, it is always better to do a clean install, and that's what an autoloader will give you. Your device will be wiped, so use Ultimate Backup from BBW if you want to backup contacts, messages, or media. Avoid Link for this.

10.3.2.2813 is the best in my opinion.
    06-09-16 11:32 AM
    I'd be more worried about getting the SIM slot fixed than what OS I was running....

Why are you concerned about an update right now? Have you not been using this phone for a long time and have a very old OS on it?

I "taught" most all Z10 in Canada were STL-100-3, so depending on what version of the OS you are wanting to install

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/
    06-09-16 12:22 PM
    Your phone is pretty much a PDA without a functioning SIM.
    06-09-16 02:10 PM
    Well, it is always better to do a clean install, and that's what an autoloader will give you. Your device will be wiped, so use Ultimate Backup from BBW if you want to backup contacts, messages, or media. Avoid Link for this.

10.3.2.2813 is the best in my opinion.
    Conite: first off, which Ultimate Backup do you recommend, the free one or the $3.99 one?
    Then, how can I find the 10.3.2.2813 autoloader link?
    My current OS is 10.3.2.556. My problems (ever since upgrade) is keys stick @ keyboard edges , BlackBerry Assistant doesn't talk. But Keyboard is the main issue. I have the STL100-3.

I've read through the Guide to Using Autoloader thread so I'm working up the nerve to try this. Half of the chatter in that Guide thread was way over my head. But I guess with the Backup app, I should take the chance. Any final advice?
    Thanks for all your time trying to get folks straitened out.
    Bill D

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 02:48 PM
    Conite: first off, which Ultimate Backup do you recommend, the free one or the $3.99 one?
    Then, how can I find the 10.3.2.2813 autoloader link?
    My current OS is 10.3.2.556. My problems (ever since upgrade) is keys stick @ keyboard edges , BlackBerry Assistant doesn't talk. But Keyboard is the main issue. I have the STL100-3.

I've read through the Guide to Using Autoloader thread so I'm working up the nerve to try this. Half of the chatter in that Guide thread was way over my head. But I guess with the Backup app, I should take the chance. Any final advice?
    Thanks for all your time trying to get folks straitened out.
    Bill D

Posted via CB10
    You will find the autoloader for 2813 in the link provided in the first post here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/

Simply download the file to your PC, unzip it, plug in your device, and run the autoloader. Done.

You will need your BBID when you boot up your device after the install, so make sure you remember it - otherwise you will be in trouble.

I would recommend paying for Ultimate Backup. It is well worth it. You can backup to your SD card or the cloud.

You will have to install your apps again, but no fear, BlackBerry World will remember what you have purchased before.
    06-09-16 02:54 PM
    Thanks.
    All but just a few of my apps are native - were on the phone when I first got it.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 02:58 PM
    I will change the Sim tray but wanted to know first why it didn't ask me for update

06-09-16 03:21 PM
    I've read through the Guide to Using Autoloader thread so I'm working up the nerve to try this. Half of the chatter in that Guide thread was way over my head
    Don't worry, the process sounds a lot more complicated than it really is. Just have patience, take your time and rest assured that even if you have a problem, it can eventually be fixed. The autoloader takes care of everything. Even if you used the wrong autoloader, you can get the right one and re-do it. Just make sure, as previously said, do the backup. The autoloader takes about 15--20 minutes, the phone will re-boot and then your setup will begin. Good Luck!
    06-09-16 03:24 PM
    Thanks for the support!

For the last several minutes I've been trying to pull the 2813 autoloader link from the post at

I've got it.
    Never mind

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BBbari; 06-09-16 at 04:44 PM.
    06-09-16 03:44 PM