OK, it's really just ONE issue.

My wife's Z10 will not turn on even when plugged to the charger or to the computer (BlackBerry Link).

Since I wasn't with her when it stopped working, all she was able to tell me was that the phone had started to reboot on its own and she said there was a weird blue bar across the top of the screen during the boot sequence (where we get the square around BlackBerry logo).

First thing I did was plug it into the wall charger. No luck there. Swapped my fully charged battery for hers - My full battery would not turn on her phone, but her battery was able to power up my phone. So it wasn't the battery.

Tried to reload the OS but when plugged into the computer, it kept telling me to power down the phone by holding the power button for 10 seconds (button at the top of the phone). There was a glimmer of hope because I saw the red led blink once or twice but still wouldn't boot up the phone.

Any help from you all would be greatly appreciated. My wife has a lot of photos and videos of our daughter, that I fear she did not save onto the media card.

Thanks in advance!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 07:16 AM
    OK, it's really just ONE issue.

My wife's Z10 will not turn on even when plugged to the charger or to the computer (BlackBerry Link).

Since I wasn't with her when it stopped working, all she was able to tell me was that the phone had started to reboot on its own and she said there was a weird blue bar across the top of the screen during the boot sequence (where we get the square around BlackBerry logo).

First thing I did was plug it into the wall charger. No luck there. Swapped my fully charged battery for hers - My full battery would not turn on her phone, but her battery was able to power up my phone. So it wasn't the battery.

Tried to reload the OS but when plugged into the computer, it kept telling me to power down the phone by holding the power button for 10 seconds (button at the top of the phone). There was a glimmer of hope because I saw the red led blink once or twice but still wouldn't boot up the phone.

Any help from you all would be greatly appreciated. My wife has a lot of photos and videos of our daughter, that I fear she did not save onto the media card.

Thanks in advance!!!

Posted via CB10
    Try holding down both volume buttons on the side simultaneously, keep holding until you see the logo then release the buttons and see if that helps. BUT, if you have the STL100-1 model, this will not work.
    Last edited by MLE724; 04-14-15 at 08:10 AM.
    04-14-15 07:54 AM
    Thanks for the reply. This is the US version (STL100-3). I tried that as well, holding down both volume buttons but it still wouldn't turn on.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 09:11 AM
    Anyone else have any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 07:49 PM
    Does this phone stay on all the time or does it get shut down of the evenings, etc?
    04-14-15 07:58 PM
    It stays on for the most part all the time. At the end of the day, battery is fairly drained so we charge overnight and leave it unplugged for the whole day.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 08:18 PM