Can't access email, remember app/ etc. Receives texts but can't access. Restarted several times without success.. Can charge without issues.
    Just learned wife spilled some wine on phone last night. Cleaned phone immediately, but did not open the back.
    I just opened, removed battery. Found few small drops of liquid and cleaned well.
    Any help, suggestions greatly appreciated
    Last edited by rgordon44; 03-15-21 at 08:02 AM. Reason: New info
    03-15-21 07:19 AM
    Can't access email, remember app/ etc. Receives texts but can't access. Restarted several times without success. Any help greatly appreciated. Can charge without issues. Thanks, Bob
    What do mean 'access'?

Which swipe gesture(s) are you referring to?
    03-15-21 07:40 AM
    When turn on phone or after charge only see blue screen with day and month. At top see usual battery and charge % icon on left and data and wifi icons on top right, as usual. When swipe up to access email and apps, nothing happens
    03-15-21 08:02 AM
    When turn on phone or after charge only see blue screen with day and month. At top see usual battery and charge % icon on left and data and wifi icons on top right, as usual. When swipe up to access email and apps, nothing happens
    Whenever a phone gets wet it should be immediately turned off, battery removed (if possible), and left for at least 3 days to dry.

Sounds like you have physical damage.
    03-15-21 08:19 AM
    Ugg!! Do you think its worth taking to repair shop to try cleaning it??
    03-15-21 08:26 AM
    Ugg!! Do you think its worth taking to repair shop to try cleaning it??
    Nope. Best chance is to keep it off for a few days, before using it.

But I think the damage has already been done.
    03-15-21 08:29 AM
    Assuming phone shot, anyway to retrieve contacts, photos? Also, I have a BB Leap. Would her Sim work in my leap to allow retrieval of contacts, etc? Thanks again
    03-15-21 08:44 AM
    Assuming phone shot, anyway to retrieve contacts, photos? Also, I have a BB Leap. Would her Sim work in my leap to allow retrieval of contacts, etc? Thanks again
    Nothing is stored on the SIM card.

Are your contacts not connected to your cloud email account? Please don't tell me you still had everything local to your device in 2021.
    03-15-21 09:11 AM