I have observed one more thing, when device is latched on to a wifi which has multiple network mode ( 802.11 a/b/n) device gets hot. When i changed my router setting to 802.11n, it works good and battery consumption is also good.
    is there any option to turn off 802.11a , b and g mode?
    08-08-14 03:35 AM
    If my phone goes in to overheat mode I turn off wifi for about 2 Minutes. I find this cures it.

I believe pim services get their knickers in a twist and when it can't contact the servers it terminates a process and retries nicely when the service can be resumed; obviously this is when wifi is reenabled.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't there any option to disable PIM services at all?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 04:55 AM
    From the device monitor check the battery usage of your apps, when this happens on my Z10, BBM is the culprit and will show 50-60% battery usage, it appears there is a problem with the latest version of BBM (search for BBM high battery usage) lots of threads about it. Solution is a hard reset or just take battery out and put back in, and to check how much history is being kept of your BBM chats. Until I discovered this at times I was only getting about 3 hours out of a charge. Note you dont even have to be a heavy user of BBM for it periodically go daft, I rarely use it but had set it to keep a months history, which I have changed to 3 days, since doing this I have not had the problem re-occur.
    08-08-14 05:04 AM
    From the device monitor check the battery usage of your apps, when this happens on my Z10, BBM is the culprit and will show 50-60% battery usage, it appears there is a problem with the latest version of BBM (search for BBM high battery usage) lots of threads about it. Solution is a hard reset or just take battery out and put back in, and to check how much history is being kept of your BBM chats. Until I discovered this at times I was only getting about 3 hours out of a charge. Note you dont even have to be a heavy user of BBM for it periodically go daft, I rarely use it but had set it to keep a months history, which I have changed to 3 days, since doing this I have not had the problem re-occur.
    You said BBM's latest version is causing problem is there any way to downgrade it and which version works the best?
    08-08-14 10:01 AM
    you may want to just replace the battery if it's more than 8 months to a year old and has been your only battery you use/charge on a daily basis... funny but sometime the answer is the simplest thing
    08-09-14 12:14 AM
    you may want to just replace the battery if it's more than 8 months to a year old and has been your only battery you use/charge on a daily basis... funny but sometime the answer is the simplest thing
    I Have bought my phone just 7 days ago
    08-09-14 12:38 AM
    Uninstall whatsapp & battery booster.
    Turn off device and remove the battery.
    Press power button (while battery is not installed)

Then leave the phone for 20mins. Let it cool down.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 04:39 AM
57 123