Anybody having problems listening to youtube with the video off? I listen to a lot of podcasts and used to be able to press the top button on my Q10 to turn off the video to conserve power. I know pressing the top/side button on apple/android shuts youtube off completely, but I love my Q10 for that reason.....please help!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-17 08:55 PM
    Haven't used my Q10 in a bit, but I know on the Classic I'm using at the moment on the below OS youtube plays in background and also continues to play when I press the top button to turn off screen.
    04-25-17 09:19 PM
    Yes, I meant to say my old Q10 and current classic did as well, until a few weeks ago....a great feature, as it allows you to throw it in your pocket and not worry about activating the touch screen features, right? Any idea why the sudden change? Is youtube behind this?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-17 10:02 PM
    Clear browser cookies and history, then restart the browser.
    LeoCru likes this.
    04-25-17 10:07 PM
    Wow, clearing cookies and history did the trick! Thank you very much!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-17 10:31 PM
    Will the KeyOne allow for the same functionality, given the android platform?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-17 10:38 PM
    Will the KeyOne allow for the same functionality, given the android platform?

Posted via CB10
    Sure. No problem. There are other apps and browsers that can play YouTube in the background.
    04-25-17 10:51 PM
    Great! Thanks for taking the time to respond....much appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-17 11:04 PM
    What's up fellow Crackheads lol, I have found a surefire fix that will work for everyone:

1. Go to youtube and select any video

2. Go to the end of the URL and simply type: &app=desktop, then press enter

3. Enjoy your BlackBerry as usual!

I have a Q10, 10.3.3.1463, and this youtube anomaly just happened to me last week.

Using this quick fix, we no longer have to go through the trouble of manually selecting desktop mode just to watch/listen to videos like we've been accustomed to before this nonsense happened.

P.S. While viewing videos in fullscreen, you might notice the controls (play/pause, fast forward/rewind, etc.) are not visible while watching. However, a cool little feature allows you to double-tap the video, where it will zoom in, and the controls will be visible again. When you are finished rewinding/fast forwarding, simply double-tap the video again to zoom it back to normal ratio again.

Long Live BB10! Jah Bless you all.
    Jamaa likes this.
    05-01-17 10:31 PM