I have just been made aware of this issue.
    If you can offer any information about this, it would be extremely appreciated.

I CAN tell you that this is a very REAL issue.
    07-02-17 09:02 PM
    Probably is. Either some carrier app, it your communications are tapped by the carrier, like everyone's are.

Buy an unlocked device, make sure you can root it, and then install a custom rom, and use signal for all communications.
    07-02-17 09:07 PM
    Is this something new? Hasn't the NSA been monitoring all communications for years?
    07-02-17 09:37 PM
    This "supposedly " is installed through police departments.
    07-03-17 01:00 AM
    What??? no one thinks this is at least something that you may wanna check into a bit more.

IF I asked why the KEYone wasn't offered in pink this thread would be off the charts.
    (PS. refrain from showing your intelligence level or lack of there of by answering this.

I can't win. If I say don't, you will do... if i say do, you won't. And If I say nothing at all.... it'll probably crash the site
    It'll be very interesting , though, to see just how many of those volunteer "trusted members " abuse their status"

I'm counting on you guys. Don't let me down!!
    07-04-17 05:17 AM
    Is this something new? Hasn't the NSA been monitoring all communications for years?
    I heard that the person listening to my calls was fired for falling asleep on the job. He might also have just quit, afraid he was going to die of boredom.
    rayporsche likes this.
    07-05-17 12:44 AM
    You are referring to the Snowden leaks I assume. Well yes it very likely you are being monitored one way or the other. I'm not sure if they really collect the phone call conversations. I believe everybody phone records are being stored and analysed. So when, where with whom etc is monitored and processed.

I can understand this bothers you. You can do a lot to at least make it harder for 'them' to monitor your every move. Remember, your smartphone is a 1984 style device the government and their agencies love.

The keep your browsing anonymous use a decent VPN client. (So not a free one, the VPN provider is able to monitor all traffic as well so choose wisely).
    Second, don't use IM apps that are not encrypted. I highly recommend Signal but whatsapp uses the same protocol, so if you trust Mark Zuckerberg then you'll be fine.
    3th. Free email clients are known for scanning, reading, storing etc all your messages. And possible trackers on the webinterface monitor a lot of your browser behavior as wel. I myself use a paid emailclient named protonmail. I don't believe email can ever be end to end encrypted tho, as long as the other party doesn't use the same client.

Now for calling, there are apps that provide calling over the Internet. I believe the app silent phone used encrypted voice to communicate. If their app and app data is indeed encrypted with a decent end-to-end solution, your voice calls are perhaps interceptable, but not usable.

These are just some tips and it's to my best knowledge, so if anything i stated is incorrect, please say so.

Oh btw, also, local laws for example in the USA are way more far reaching then e.g. Switzerland. So using a service which is stationed in a country with higher privacy laws is also a good thing. (Iceland, Switzerland). And a good rule of thumb, everything that's free (apps, mail etc) uses your data for sure to generate money. Open-source not so much, but is still no guarantee tho.

I hope this helped a bit.
    Grtz
    xandros9 and rayporsche like this.
    07-05-17 02:56 AM
    The technology to circumvent this issue has been around for decades.

Is your mobile device being wiretapped??-stopthespying.jpg
    rayporsche likes this.
    07-05-17 07:49 AM
    Where do you think the word 'wiretaps' originated from? When your technology first launched the FBI secretly tied another piece of wire to the existing wire to 'tap' the call... #TheMoreYouKnow
    07-05-17 09:02 AM
    I am certain that we are being monitored in some form or fashion. I believe that there are banks of computers sitting at Fort Meade, MD "listening" in to our conversations that are looking for certain key words or key phrases. I am sure that we are similarly having our texts, IMs and web usage being monitored. It doesn't bother me honestly. I have nothing to hide and if the government needs to know what I am having for dinner or what time my son's football practice is over then so be it.
    07-05-17 09:16 AM
    Can i please have your bankcard pincode, and passwords to all your accounts? (Why do you have them at all when there is nothing to hide)
    07-05-17 10:45 AM