Not sure why but yesterday I noticed my Z30 was really hot even though I wasn't using it. The only thing I did yesterday was install an update for the Amazon app (not app store). My battery drained twice as fast as it normally does. It seems to be OK thus far today. I've not encountered this issue before. Does anyone else have a battery issue like this or know why this would happen?

My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    08-28-15 10:00 AM
    Not sure why but yesterday I noticed my Z30 was really hot even though I wasn't using it. The only thing I did yesterday was install an update for the Amazon app (not app store). My battery drained twice as fast as it normally does. It seems to be OK thus far today. I've not encountered this issue before. Does anyone else have a battery issue like this or know why this would happen?

I would suggest to go in your phone settings, App Manager, Application Permissions, find the app (and any other you don't need to run in the background) and disable "Run When Minimized". Perhaps that will do the trick.
    08-28-15 10:04 AM
    I would suggest to go in your phone settings, App Manager, Application Permissions, find the app (and any other you don't need to run in the background) and disable "Run When Minimized". Perhaps that will do the trick.
    That was the first thing I checked yesterday when phone was hot and all those settings were disabled. The phone seems ok today. I'm beginning to think it had something to do with the Amazon update? I rebooted it last night.

Last edited by lady of the lake; 08-29-15 at 03:37 PM.
    08-28-15 05:21 PM