Hi all. I'm having problems getting Yahoo email on my BlackBerry Android device. It was working fine but Yahoo changed something and my inbox app (the stock one from BlackBerry) isn't compatible any more. A little research suggests something called "Oauth2" at Yahoo's end. I'm currently still using the Yahoo email by going into their website and logging in. But the BlackBerry app is so much better. My question is "What might be the best way forward ?"
    (Motion, England, VodafoneUK)
    02-01-21 04:16 AM
    Hi all. I'm having problems getting Yahoo email on my BlackBerry Android device. It was working fine but Yahoo changed something and my inbox app (the stock one from BlackBerry) isn't compatible any more. A little research suggests something called "Oauth2" at Yahoo's end. I'm currently still using the Yahoo email by going into their website and logging in. But the BlackBerry app is so much better. My question is "What might be the best way forward ?"
    Just use the Android Yahoo mobile app if you want the best experience. Unfortunately, 2021 compatibility reminds us the hub is technically regarded as 3rd party app by definition. Unfortunately, some behavior modification is necessary.
    Gajja likes this.
    02-01-21 05:32 AM
    https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15241.html
    Gajja likes this.
    02-01-21 11:18 AM
    Yeah thanks. Just looking for a second opinion after Yahoo's ;-)
    02-01-21 02:19 PM
    Just use the Android Yahoo mobile app if you want the best experience. Unfortunately, 2021 compatibility reminds us the hub is technically regarded as 3rd party app by definition. Unfortunately, some behavior modification is necessary.
    Do you think there is any hope of BB's app getting 2021 updated?
    02-01-21 02:21 PM
    None.
    Gajja likes this.
    02-01-21 02:30 PM
    I’m with conite on this one so that would be no.
    Gajja likes this.
    02-01-21 08:06 PM
    Thanks everyone. Fair comments. Not what I wanted to hear, but fair anyway :-)
    02-04-21 07:16 AM
    I really appreciate this quick help from you guys on this subject, as I was facing this problem recently as well. I can confirm that this solution on this link works. Jah bless.
    02-11-21 03:32 PM
    I am having a similar problem, but only one of my yahoo email addresses stopped working in the hub yesterday. I've made no changes to either yahoo email account or any BB settings, but one email account says it requires authentication and the other one works fine. It is very strange.
    02-12-21 06:35 AM
    Just to follow up, I solved this problem by generating an app password. You can find the instructions here:
    https://support.blackberry.com/kb/ar...mber=000013799

Here is how to do it from the website:

Remove the Yahoo! Mail account from the device

Yahoo requires account specific changes to allow you to re-integrate the account. Please follow one of the 2 options below

Option 1
    BlackBerry recommended setup - app specific password

Visit mail.yahoo.com
    Sign into the affected Yahoo! account.
    Go to Account security settings
    Enable Two-step verification
    Click Generate app password or Manage app passwords.
    Select your app from the drop down menu and click Generate.
    Follow the instructions below the password.
    Click Done.
    Use this app password and your email address to sign in to your email app.
    Yahoo documentation can be found here https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15241.html

I hope this helps.
    02-16-21 01:44 PM