my yahoo account worked fine on my blackberry (Q10) for years, but recently, while e-mails were received in the in-box, I was unable to send anything out from my blackberry on the yahoo account (the account worked fine on the computer). After deleting and re-adding the account and looking up smpt and imap settings on yahoo only to be sure they were already right, eventually what worked is that I had to turn ON the following feature in yahoo "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" - hope this helps others.
    Sorry I',m a new user and crackberry thinks i'm an idiot and does not allow me to post to the proper thread ... still think this is useful info
    09-01-18 10:56 AM
    Thanks for the info, and welcome to the CrackBerry forums!

A forum mod can move this thread to the appropriate forum. You may have seen with a forums search for Yahoo, that there are *many* people who have had the same issues you did.

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    09-01-18 03:03 PM
    my yahoo account worked fine on my blackberry (Q10) for years, but recently, while e-mails were received in the in-box, I was unable to send anything out from my blackberry on the yahoo account (the account worked fine on the computer). After deleting and re-adding the account and looking up smpt and imap settings on yahoo only to be sure they were already right, eventually what worked is that I had to turn ON the following feature in yahoo "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" - hope this helps others.
    Sorry I',m a new user and crackberry thinks i'm an idiot and does not allow me to post to the proper thread ... still think this is useful info
    nice info, I rememmer about that 4monts later

BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    09-12-18 02:59 AM