I was wondering if the BB Bold 9930 would still work?
    Would I be able to get the email to work and could I upgrade to newer update?
    05-23-17 10:52 PM
    Yes.

Would I be able to get the email to work
    Depends on how your work email is setup but probably.

could I upgrade to newer update?
    Not sure what this means. What update are you wanting to update to? No matter what you update to, it's still going to be a version of BlackBerry OS 7.x
    05-23-17 11:13 PM
    Would I be able to get the email to work and could I upgrade to newer update?
    The Bold 9930 does still work. Email will work if your carrier still supports BlackBerry Internet Service. Which one are you with?

The last OS Update is 7.1.0.1098. It is a few years old but is very stable and offers good battery life.

Now for the downside: the browser is less and less capable. It has trouble with more sites all the time, owing to security certificate issues and to the fact that it is outdated. That being said, it comes with a free subscription to the NY Times. App selection is also quite limited, although perhaps better than you might expect. There's a working and dead apps list here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-list-1075860/

If you're looking for a phone like the Bold that might be easier to use with your carrier (depending on which carrier you're with), here are some other options (all prices Canadian):

* Q10 -- similar size, good keyboard, user replaceable battery, removable storage. No trackpad. Runs BlackBerry 10. Might get one more update. Very inexpensive used. $50-100.

* Classic -- slightly larger Bold-style handset. Trackpad and buttons like the Bold. Removable storage. No user replaceable battery. Runs BlackBerry 10. I think they run in the $130-200 range used.

* KEYone -- keyboard phone with Android. Tons of apps. Available in a week or so I think. About $700 unlocked.
    05-23-17 11:16 PM
    I am with Verizon. I use Gmail and was just wondering if my Gmail would work. Thank you for the reply! Want a good messaging phone mainly so I am not on my phone all the time and I love Blackberry for texting and emails. I'll look into the Q10
    05-24-17 09:04 AM
    I am with Verizon. I use Gmail and was just wondering if my Gmail would work. Thank you for the reply! Want a good messaging phone mainly so I am not on my phone all the time and I love Blackberry for texting and emails. I'll look into the Q10
    The 9930 apparently works quite well on Verizon. If you check out the 'Resurgence' thread in this forum, one of the members who posts there a lot, @idssteve, is on Verizon and likely knows all the setup tricks.

If I understand correctly, Gmail works on the 9930, but might require a little trick to deal with the two-step authentication or something. @rgmorgotch on the resurgence thread has it working. I don't think Google contacts sync though (I could be wrong).

If you're looking at the Q10, I can add my Gmail account on mine to test Gmail/calendar/contacts for you.
    05-25-17 07:35 AM

The last OS Update is 7.1.0.1098. It is a few years old but is very stable and offers good battery life.
    Afaik, 7.1.0.1066 is the vzw "equivalent" for 9930. Same great stability & battery life. Don't recall last seeing a "spinning clock" (or was it an hourglass?? ) for YEARS. Definitely THE OS7.1 version to have for VZW 9930, imo. Fwiw.
    05-25-17 10:11 AM
    Or a classic is gd as more like bolds

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 10:24 AM
    The 9930 apparently works quite well on Verizon. If you check out the 'Resurgence' thread in this forum, one of the members who posts there a lot, @idssteve, is on Verizon and likely knows all the setup tricks.

If I understand correctly, Gmail works on the 9930, but might require a little trick to deal with the two-step authentication or something. @rgmorgotch on the resurgence thread has it working. I don't think Google contacts sync though (I could be wrong).

If you're looking at the Q10, I can add my Gmail account on mine to test Gmail/calendar/contacts for you.
    Happy to help any way I can but I'm not much help on Gmail. Never used it. Sorry.
    05-25-17 10:40 AM
    If OP values compactness, swappable battery and toolbelt, 9930 is tough to beat for incorporating all of those, and other, features into a single handset. Its 1.2gHz processor makes for pretty quick boot times. Biggest drawback, imo, is its browser that doesn't play well with some sites. Still fine for most but probably balks at about 5% of sites I frequent. Fwiw.

Considering the years since last updated, I also observe a self imposed restriction on anything financial over 9930. Reserving those types of things for my SuperSized Classic. Never heard of anyone who's heard of anyone actually experiencing security troubles, fwiw, but...
    05-25-17 11:02 AM