First off, I am what some might call a techno-peasant. I am a die hard blackberry person because I find it simple to use and it has buttons. I use my phone for the basics: phone, email, Internet, online banking, and that's about it. I have been on my Classic I think for about 4 years now and it just won't die. That said, I am starting to see hints of some things getting a bit worn out and buggy so I thought I should move on soon to the key2.

However I have been told that the key2 won't be supported anymore. I honestly don't even know what that means. I have never had to contact blackberry support for anything in the past. Does saying it will no longer be supported mean that it won't work properly anymore even if I get it new? My Classic has had some recent issues having to do with the browser no longer updating, but that hasn't really affected my Internet use too much.

So I guess I just need some honest and SIMPLE advice - will upgrading to a Key2 at this point just cause me grief? All I want is a smartphone with a physical keyboard, nothing more

Also heard a rumour about a new one coming out in 2021...?
    10-05-20 08:26 PM
    First off, I am what some might call a techno-peasant. I am a die hard blackberry person because I find it simple to use and it has buttons. I use my phone for the basics: phone, email, Internet, online banking, and that's about it. I have been on my Classic I think for about 4 years now and it just won't die. That said, I am starting to see hints of some things getting a bit worn out and buggy so I thought I should move on soon to the key2.

However I have been told that the key2 won't be supported anymore. I honestly don't even know what that means. I have never had to contact blackberry support for anything in the past. Does saying it will no longer be supported mean that it won't work properly anymore even if I get it new? My Classic has had some recent issues having to do with the browser no longer updating, but that hasn't really affected my Internet use too much.

So I guess I just need some honest and SIMPLE advice - will upgrading to a Key2 at this point just cause me grief? All I want is a smartphone with a physical keyboard, nothing more

Also heard a rumour about a new one coming out in 2021...?
    If you just want a DroidBerry that can hold you over until the new one set for next year, maybe you could pick up the cheaper KEY2 LE.

Compared to the Classic, the LE will open you up to a whole new world of Android apps, as well as far better performance and a bit better battery life (much better if you run Android apps on the Classic).

The TCL-made LE doesn't have a keyboard that's as awesome as Foxconn's Classic, but it's still pretty damn decent.

What will definitely hurt will be the notification LED. The Classic has a very bright, pronounced LED that flashes in a way that you just can't miss it.

The LE's notification light is...the worst I've ever seen on any phone.

The display of the LE is better and bigger, the vibration motor is great, the fingerprint sensor is blazing fast, the camera is...better than the Classic's.

As far as security updates, the LE stopped at July of this year. If that's okay with you, go for it.
    They hold their resale value pretty considering how little keyboard options are on the market these days.
    10-05-20 10:31 PM