Blackberry Key2. Blackberry keyboard.

I set a new short cut, e.g.
    "hes" to be converted to "he's".
    I then uncheck the 'Always use this capitalization' check box. Otherwise, even if you type "Hes" it will still convert it to "he's" which is frightfully annoying.

Now what happens is that after a while, maybe even a couple of days, all the substitutions that I have unchecked the capitalization checkbox on, somehow go back to being checked.

I've tried this on the English (US) language and in the 'For all languages' group.
    10-12-18 08:17 AM
    Been a bug since the Keyone, still exists on the key2. Restarting your phone will reset the auto capitalization to always on. I've given up on even entering the word substitutions at this point. I've also given up on them ever fixing this issue. Why aren't these simple contractions built into the OS? It's sad when my bold from 2011 can get this right but both generations of this phone cannot.
    10-18-18 09:56 PM
    Interesting, I have tried it and restarted my phone a few times but "he's" is still "he's".

Perhaps it'll go away soon. Restart didn't do it for me.
    10-20-18 12:08 AM
    Interesting, I have tried it and restarted my phone a few times but "he's" is still "he's".

Perhaps it'll go away soon. Restart didn't do it for me.
    Are you looking in the word substitution settings as well? The issue is the "always use this capitalization" gets checked when it shouldn't be. So if you put "he's" in lowercase, it will stay "he's" in lowercase. If I type "he's" at the beginning of a sentence, it won't be capitalized once this box becomes checked. I'll have to go thru manually and uncheck the boxes if I ever restart my phone. I did do a hard reset the other day (holding the power button for however many seconds) until it cycled a few times on and off. I haven't reset my phone since then so I assumed it was fixed until I did. On the keyone it also reset the settings after a restart. Not the best spot for this thread, it would get more views under the key2 forum.
    10-20-18 12:21 AM
    Are you looking in the word substitution settings as well? The issue is the "always use this capitalization" gets checked when it shouldn't be. So if you put "he's" in lowercase, it will stay "he's" in lowercase. If I type "he's" at the beginning of a sentence, it won't be capitalized once this box becomes checked. I'll have to go thru manually and uncheck the boxes if I ever restart my phone. I did do a hard reset the other day (holding the power button for however many seconds) until it cycled a few times on and off. I haven't reset my phone since then so I assumed it was fixed until I did. On the keyone it also reset the settings after a restart. Not the best spot for this thread, it would get more views under the key2 forum.
    Yes I unchecked the setting and restarted the phone. It's still marked as unchecked and when I type "he's" it remains lowercase. If I start with H it becomes "He's".

EDIT: BTW I'm on beta programme. Perhaps they had fixed it in a keyboard update
    Last edited by TheBond; 10-20-18 at 01:58 AM.
    10-20-18 12:45 AM
    Looks like I encountered the issue. It wasn't due to reboot but as th OP started it does come back after sometime randomly.
    I'll look into it later to see if there's anything that can fix it.
    10-20-18 09:26 PM
    Looks like I encountered the issue. It wasn't due to reboot but as th OP started it does come back after sometime randomly.
    I'll look into it later to see if there's anything that can fix it.
    Mine hasn't come back since I reset the settings after my last reboot. That's how the bug was on the key1, I'm assuming it's the same for the key2. I havent rebooted for this reason and all is well. I'll purposely not reboot for as long as possible and see if it comes back randomly. Either way I don't anticipate a fix ever happening, at least not on TCL's end.
    10-21-18 12:37 AM