I'm trying to make my typing more efficient so I've been setting up Word Substitutions. For example, if I were to type in myadd it would bring up my full address. This saves me a whole lot of typing eliminates or minimizes any typos. My question is what does the "%" mean? How do I utilise this feature? How do I change existing "%" designated words?

Examples are Myver=%v and Mynumber=%p. When you type these in you get your device and phone number, respectively.
    Thanks.

Z30STA100-5/OS Ver10.3.2.2339 / SR 10.3.2.2226
    Last edited by IAM013; 09-01-15 at 03:38 AM.
    09-01-15 03:11 AM
    I think those are hardcoded and cannot be changed.
    09-01-15 12:31 PM
    I was afraid someone would say that. I'm hoping for a different answer. Thanks.

Z30STA100-5/OS Ver10.3.2.2339/ SR 10.3.2.2226
    09-01-15 01:23 PM
    yes, I just posted a question in an other thread on the subject - would be great to get more data on how this works ... the myphone - number doesn't work on my PP, even it was pre-insertet
    09-02-15 06:47 PM
    Try "mynum" there is no preset "myphone". "Mynum" gives your mobile number. You can create a word Substitution with "myphone" as a prompt. I did something similar with common used bits of info like directions to my house. It's great: it's quick, consistent and saves my thumbs.

09-03-15 09:43 AM
    well I was translating it - I have my PP set up in German language and the preset was "meinenummer" - but typing it does not create any thing
    09-03-15 03:14 PM
    Do any of your other word Substitutions work? Please, don't take this the wrong way, but have you looked at all your "language and Inputs"settings and selected "show predictions". I've forgotten to select features like this in the past.

The only other thing I can think of is setting your PP to factory setting unless someone else has a better suggestion. Good luck!

09-04-15 10:31 AM
    well I was translating it - I have my PP set up in German language and the preset was "meinenummer" - but typing it does not create any thing
    Have both English and German enabled in Language & Input. Problem solved. You can use mynumber, mypin, myver, etc. no matter the language you're wrinting in or the phone is set to.

Do you really think I waste time typing minhaversao when myver is faster and does the same job?
    09-04-15 05:19 PM
    Have both English and German enabled in Language & Input. Problem solved. You can use mynumber, mypin, myver, etc. no matter the language you're wrinting in or the phone is set to.

Do you really think I waste time typing minhaversao when myver is faster and does the same job?
    well tku - me too have both languages installed, the mynumber still doesn't work, the "myver" is working, but also "kd" and "lz" are not producing anything and I do not know what they should be producing or standing for.

See attn. perhaps the "mynumber" is not showing cause my phone number is somehow not correctly installed, funny is too, that when I call somebody it always says on the tope "unbekannte number" like I would be calling with suppressed number, but this is not true

any further help appreciated! In Word Substitution-img_20150907_001118.jpgIn Word Substitution-img_20150907_004252.jpg
    09-06-15 06:05 PM
    You're probably right. Now, how did I fix the number issue again...

One thing though, did you have "mynumber" there or did you create it? Here I have "meun�mero". It only lists the subs for the active language. Maybe if you create am entry on your native language, mynumber will start working again.

But yeah, I know there is a place where you can fix that unknown number...

EDIT: HA!

Settings > Security > SIM Card

On a side note, these also work, but you gotta get them there manually (meaning "kloptsky > %t" will work just as fine):

mytime > %t
    mydate > %d
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-06-15 at 06:46 PM.
    nimra likes this.
    09-06-15 06:23 PM
    You're probably right. Now, how did I fix the number issue again...

One thing though, did you have "mynumber" there or did you create it? Here I have "meun�mero". It only lists the subs for the active language. Maybe if you create am entry on your native language, mynumber will start working again.

But yeah, I know there is a place where you can fix that unknown number...

EDIT: HA!

Settings > Security > SIM Card

On a side note, these also work, but you gotta get them there manually (meaning "kloptsky > %t" will work just as fine):

mytime > %t
    mydate > %d
    Thanks!!! This was the bug...

'cd'and works for calendar day and 'mz' mytime and when you switch the language in the keyboad it comes out in the choosen one!!!

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    09-06-15 07:16 PM